Thread: Leon Draisaitl: The Deutschland Dangler

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Leon Draisaitl: The Deutschland Dangler

Creating this thread for long term and game-to-game discussion of this exciting young player.

On pace for 70 points through 55 games. Shooting % is just a tad high, but other than that nothing pops out to me in his numbers that looks particularly unsustainable. My biggest question is where he fits in the lineup long term. Right Wing for McDavid or Nuge? 2nd Line Center? Hopefully he bounces back and forth enough to keep C/RW eligibility long term. Love his spot on the PP. Where does everybody think he ends up in the lineup and points-wise over the next 2-3 years?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Leon Draisaitl: The Deutschland Dangler

I think 2nd line center with Pulj ultimately playing on McDavid's wing. He stays on the top pp unit. Pittsburg-like. I think this puts the oilers near the top of the league with that 1-2 punch down the middle most teams only get to dream about.

- - - Updated - - -

I see him consistently 65-75
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

his shooting % is a bit high because McDavid keeps giving him empty nets to tap into
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Love him next to McDavid at even strength but even if he falls back to that 2C role and remains on the top PP, he can do a lot of damage. He'll also be afforded some easier matchups at even strength from that second line.

I see more than a couple 70-plus point seasons in his future.

- - - Updated - - -

Love him next to McDavid at even strength but even if he falls back to that 2C role and remains on the top PP, he can do a lot of damage. He'll also be afforded some easier matchups at even strength from that second line.

I see more than a couple 70-plus point seasons in his future.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Pro

Would love to see him and Puljujarvi work together long term, with McDavid working with Eberle or another RW option. Don't know how realistic that is, but Draisaitl/Puljujarvi could end up looking a lot like Draisaitl/Hall did.