Thread: #2 Waiver Priority on Toskala? and TRADE?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default #2 Waiver Priority on Toskala? and TRADE?

This is a tough question: 10 Team, 5 Player Keeper League
    Stats are: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV% for goalies

Should I use my #2 Waiver Priority to pick up V.Toskala and TRY TO MAKE A TRADE: M.Turco and J.Pitkanen for D.Phaneuf

Note: the guy with Phaneuf screwed up and only drafted 1 goalie (we start 2 for 82 games each) and that is M.A.Fleury.

My Team is:

c - Crosby
    c - Ribeiro
    c - Marleau
    lw- Zetterberg
    lw- Vanek
    lw- Avery
    rw- Horton
    rw- Hemsky
    rw- PM.Bouchard
    f - J.Staal
    d - A.Markov
    d- Seabrook
    d - Timonen
    d - Pitkanen
    G - Luongo
    G - Turco
    Ben- E.Johnson (injured)
    Ben- T.Conklin (G)
    Ben- M.Koivu
    Ben- K.Kunitz
    Ben- P.O\'Sullivan

WHAT MAKES MY TEAM BETTER TO WIN THIS YEAR AND/OR THE FUTURE???

Please help, I\'m thinking about making the offer and waiver priority is due by 11:59pm tonight.....THANKS!!!!
    10 Team 5 Keeper Roto....Stats are:G,A,+/-,HITS,PPP,SOG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV%:

C-A.Barkov,V.Trochek,B.Horvat
    RW-A.Svechkinov(LW),T.Bertuzzi(LW),P.Laine(LW)
    LW-B.Marchand,E.Kane(RW),B.Schenn(RW/C)
    F-L.Couture(C)
    D-K.Letang,D.Nurse,M.Seider,N.Pionk
    G-I.Shesterkin.C.Hellebuyck
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)
    IR-J.Vrana(LW),N.Ehlers(RW/LW)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don\'t mind the Toskala grab but I think you need to consider who to drop - I wouldn\'t be in a big hurry to move Turco for Phanuef - you should win the league first before you do that.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Shoeless wrote:
    I don\'t mind the Toskala grab but I think you need to consider who to drop - I wouldn\'t be in a big hurry to move Turco for Phanuef - you should win the league first before you do that.
    I\'d likely drop EJ (seeing that If I don\'t get Phaneuf, I\'d likely not keep a \"D\" next season anyways).

Shoeless, you are thinking that it is a good move to pick up Toskala using the #2 Waiver Priority this early, whether I trade to get Phaneuf or not????

Do I really need Toskala, if I already have Luongo, Turco and Conklin??? or are you thinking \"grab Toskala for trade value down the road???

All Input is Greatly Appreciated!!!!

F-L.Couture(C)
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Toskala is a real serious downgrade from Turco, and even though you\'d be getting the best all round fantasy defensemen on your team, you\'ve already got some very serious keepers on your team this year.

With your current setup of goalies you should have a VERY good shot at winning the league this year, and with only 5 keepers allowed I think you\'ve got to stand pat.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well with 10 teams needing likely 3 goalies each I would think that Toskala would certainly produce some decent trade value if nothing else - so yeah generally that would be my thought to pick him up.

I don\'t think I would do the trade after though - I would want Turco over Phanuef in your league especially if you aren\'t keeping a D next season.

Early in the season burning your waiver like this is not such a big deal - especially if you gain a commodity that is in relatively short supply.

Dobber Sports Initiate

The guy that needs an extra goalie (and has #1 Waiver Priority) just offered me this TRADE:

His:
    Fleury
    Phaneuf
    Mueller

for

My:
    Luongo
    Seabrook
    M.Koivu

I\'m guessing he is using #1 Waiver Priority on Toskala...

My Tenders would be: Turco, Fleury and Conklin

ANYMORE SUGGESTIONS???

Maybe I\'ll keep my Waiver request for Toskala in and wait for tomorrow until I analyze this offer more...

F-L.Couture(C)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Shoeless wrote:

I don\'t think I would do the trade after though - I would want Turco over Phanuef in your league especially if you aren\'t keeping a D next season.
    I would definately KEEP Phaneuf next year as 1 of my 5, I\'d find a way...........

F-L.Couture(C)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

That is a very nice offer he made you - Luongo is great but Fleury is no slouch. The deal for you comes down to whether Mueller is a better asset than Koivu - I think he is.

You definitely get a keeper goalie in Fleury and a huge upgrade on D - worst case is Mueller turns out to be only a little better than Koivu which I doubt - I think I would probably do that deal - with Turco in net as well I don\'t see how you lose.

You also get to upgrade to #1 draft priority.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I would be making the deal myself.

Luongo vs Fleury will be a wash in my opinion.... I just don\'t see Vancouver being better than last season.

Phanuef is a big upgrade over Seabrook; if he\'s not the best overall D-man in fantasy hockey, then he\'s a close 2nd.

Mueller is an upgrade over M.Koivu. It\'s not a huge gain, but let\'s face it, Phoenix will score a lot more than Minnesota, and Mueller has better offensive talent around him than Koivu does(again, my opinion)

I like your 3rd goalie option in Conklin....if Osgood goes down, you have an asset that people will be lining up to grab.

Just my $.02
    on fantasy hockey hiatus!!!

Dobber Sports Genius

smoothmove on this offer !,quickly respond and say yeah ok i\'ll do this deal , all around improvement for your team,imo.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack