Thread: Better Chance this year

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Better Chance this year

just wondering which of these guys you think will have the best chance at making their NHL club this year and a point projection.

Francois Bouchard
    David Krejic
    Troy Brower
    Ivan Vishnevskiy

and also what are Neuvirth\'s chance of cracking WSH? i know Varlamov is there too so im j/w. thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Better Chance this year

that is a tuff one to call... but I really can\'t see any of them making any sort of impact.. if I was to chose one it would be francois bouchard...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Hey newellky, great thread for some talented youngsters..

F.Bouchard(19 years old)WASH-pick
    in 191 games in the QMJHL Bouchard scored 89 goals and 251pts. Last year was his best year scoring 125pts. And in the playoffs he got 18 points in only 11 games.

--Personally I think the Capitals will let this young right winger play his last season in the QMJHL with Baie-Comeau and then have him try for a spot on the team next season out of camp.

D.Krejci(20 years old)BOS-pick
    in 117 games in the QMJHL this young centerman scored 144pts. He is a small player but plays a big game. In the AHL last year he played 69 games and scored 74 pts.

--I think he will have a great shot out of camp and if he can do something special to catch the coaches eyes he might crack the roster. If he does play one more year in the AHL it will be his last. He did play 6 games with the Bruins last year. I expect him to make the team and earn a spot.

T-Brouwer(21 years old)CHI-pick
    He is a massive player 6\'3 220lbs and scores points.His WHL numbers were impressive. He played 287 games for the Warriors in MooseJaw and scored 219pts. In the AHL last year he scored 79 points in 66 games.

--I think he is ready to make the jump and could become an everyday NHL player tomorrow. But again he will have to wow the coaches because Chicago has alot of young talent to evaluate these days.

I.Vishnevskiy(19 years old)DAL-pick
    This young talented blueliner has alot of offensive potential. He is very small, 5\'11 176lbs but is a scoring machine. In the QMJHL for Rouyn-Noranda he has played 114 games and has scored 99 points, that is great for a d-man.

--I can\'t see him making the Stars this season but being a 20 year-old next season he will get a good look.I expect him to be 2-3 from the NHL.

I hope this helps you out in anyway Newellky..
    Good luck drafting your youngsters..
    Zorro..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Zorro wrote:
    Hey newellky, great thread for some talented youngsters..

F.Bouchard(19 years old)WASH-pick
    in 191 games in the QMJHL Bouchard scored 89 goals and 251pts. Last year was his best year scoring 125pts. And in the playoffs he got 18 points in only 11 games.

--Personally I think the Capitals will let this young right winger play his last season in the QMJHL with Baie-Comeau and then have him try for a spot on the team next season out of camp.

D.Krejci(20 years old)BOS-pick
    in 117 games in the QMJHL this young centerman scored 144pts. He is a small player but plays a big game. In the AHL last year he played 69 games and scored 74 pts.

--I think he will have a great shot out of camp and if he can do something special to catch the coaches eyes he might crack the roster. If he does play one more year in the AHL it will be his last. He did play 6 games with the Bruins last year. I expect him to make the team and earn a spot.

T-Brouwer(21 years old)CHI-pick
    He is a massive player 6\'3 220lbs and scores points.His WHL numbers were impressive. He played 287 games for the Warriors in MooseJaw and scored 219pts. In the AHL last year he scored 79 points in 66 games.

--I think he is ready to make the jump and could become an everyday NHL player tomorrow. But again he will have to wow the coaches because Chicago has alot of young talent to evaluate these days.

I.Vishnevskiy(19 years old)DAL-pick
    This young talented blueliner has alot of offensive potential. He is very small, 5\'11 176lbs but is a scoring machine. In the QMJHL for Rouyn-Noranda he has played 114 games and has scored 99 points, that is great for a d-man.

--I can\'t see him making the Stars this season but being a 20 year-old next season he will get a good look.I expect him to be 2-3 from the NHL.

I hope this helps you out in anyway Newellky..
    Good luck drafting your youngsters..
    Zorro..
    thanks man thats great i took vish because i needed to add another prospect dman and if there still around ill take probably bouchard or krejic next round

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

does anybody else have any opinions on these young prospects??

newellky..who did you end up taking?? Or have you had your draft yet??
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I don\'t think there is any more input that I could give that Zorro hasn\'t touched on already, other than Krejci seemed to have an excellent prospect camp and looks like he could make the team this year.
    Great post Zorro.....I learned a couple of things about those prospects!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I\'d rank them as such:

Krejci
    Brouwer
    Bouchard
    Vishnevskiy

-Krejci is already an NHL player, in that the job is his to lose. He\'s the best to pick out of the list right now. He\'s a very streaky scorer, but when he\'s on, he\'s a PPG player.

-Bouchard is a darkhorse to make the roster this year. Immense talent and the Caps have full faith in him.

-Vishnevskiy is good, but he\'s not quite done cooking. Check back on him next year, though. Dallas has lots of one-way contracts anyway this year.

-Brouwer would be in the NHL, if it weren\'t for Chicago\'s forward depth:

Samsonov-Lang-Havlat
    Kane-Perreault-Toews
    Ruutu-Adams-Lapointe
    Bourque-Williams-Skille

Who else does Brouwer have to beat out? Well, he\'s a C/RW, so...

Jonas Nordqvist (C)- Really impressed in his brief call-up. Had instant chemistry with Bryan Bickell, and I\'d expect those two together again if a) Bourque struggles or b) Williams finds a new home.

Petri Kontiola (C)- A PPG player in Finland. Instant fourth liner if he\'s here.

Patrick Sharp (C/RW)- An NHL player in that he can play on the fourth line and fit in and not hurt you. He\'s the 13th forward because of his contract.

Kris Versteeg (RW)- Acquired in the Bochenski deal. He\'s a PPG AHL player and a deserving call-up. Gritty character winger.

Michael Blunden (RW)- Not ready yet, but he\'s in the mix.

Pierre-Alexandr Parenteau (RW)- Slightly lower scoring rate than Brouwer and he\'s two years older... but he\'s also ready.

So as you can see, lots of competition for 0 jobs. He\'d have to outperform Skille, and Skille\'s a budding star.

I...am your father.

Krejci would have to somehow crack the lineup when there is Savard, Bergeron, Soderberg and Kessel ahead of him. If they move Bergeron and Kessel to the wing, Krejci could sneak in on the third line.

I like Bouchard after Krejci...the other two - no.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

thanks again guys as i took Vishnevsky only because i needed a Dprospect with some upside and with guys like Zubov, norstrom and boucher getting older im hoping he will get a look in the next two years im definately looking for Krejic or Bouchard next though

Dobber Sports Sophomore

mrbugg wrote:
    Who else does Brouwer have to beat out? Well, he\'s a C/RW, so...

Jonas Nordqvist (C)- Really impressed in his brief call-up. Had instant chemistry with Bryan Bickell, and I\'d expect those two together again if a) Bourque struggles or b) Williams finds a new home.
    I don\'t mean to nitpick, but Nordquist is playing in Sweden next season. For Frolunda.