Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which place or city do you want to visit?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Which place or city do you want to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Off the top of my head:

Reykjavik (hopefully over the next couple of years)
    New Zealand - South Island (probably when we are older and the mortgage is paid off)
    Antarctica (if we win the lottery)
    South Island is indeed a beautiful place. North Island is good too mate. Plus, you could drop in for a beer.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    South Island is indeed a beautiful place. North Island is good too mate. Plus, you could drop in for a beer.
    It's been at the top of my list since I had my first taste of travelling over 15 years ago. I will never forget the first time I saw pictures of Milford Sound - incredible! I even planned on getting a working holiday visa when I was in my 20s after being in Edinburgh for a couple years. However, it didn't happen and Scotland became my home so will have to do it when the time and funds allow, and do it properly. Good thing is that my wife would love to visit as well so we'll try to make it happen down the road. I agree, from what I've seen and heard, North Island is well worth it of course. Beer sounds like a plan! Hope you're still there in 15-20 years!

Dobber Sports Deity

My career has allowed me to visit some amazing places. In Canada I've been to Iqaluit, and many cities in Ontario/Quebec (Trois Riviere, Montreal, Sault Ste Marie, Toronto, Hamilton, Oshawa, Kingston). I live in NS and have spent plenty of time in all of the Maritime provinces and lived in St John's NL for two years. I've been to Boston, Charleston, Philly, Atlantic City, NYC, Norfolk Va, Mayport Fl quite a few times.

On my gulf deployment a few years ago, I've also been able to see things like the Pyramids at sunset. I've touched the Walls of Jerusalem and toured the city. I've done an actual African safari at Mombasa, Kenya. I've been as high as I wanted to go in the worlds tallest building in Dubai, the Burg Khalifa. I got threatened because I was dickering too hard for a magic box in the Turkish Souk in Istanbul. I saw a buddy of mine get pickpocketed on La Rambla in Barcelona. I tasted some amazing wine at Madeira, Portugal and toured some very cool ruins in Malta. I've even been to some less than exciting cities like Salalah and Muscat, Oman. Ya, I've seen a few things.

The top place on my bucket list is the Vimy Monument on Remembrance Day. I think that would be amazing, emotional, and something that would stick with anyone for a very long time. I will get there, you can bet on that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My career has allowed me to visit some amazing places. In Canada I've been to Iqaluit, and many cities in Ontario/Quebec (Trois Riviere, Montreal, Sault Ste Marie, Toronto, Hamilton, Oshawa, Kingston). I live in NS and have spent plenty of time in all of the Maritime provinces and lived in St John's NL for two years. I've been to Boston, Charleston, Philly, Atlantic City, NYC, Norfolk Va, Mayport Fl quite a few times.

On my gulf deployment a few years ago, I've also been able to see things like the Pyramids at sunset. I've touched the Walls of Jerusalem and toured the city. I've done an actual African safari at Mombasa, Kenya. I've been as high as I wanted to go in the worlds tallest building in Dubai, the Burg Khalifa. I got threatened because I was dickering too hard for a magic box in the Turkish Souk in Istanbul. I saw a buddy of mine get pickpocketed on La Rambla in Barcelona. I tasted some amazing wine at Madeira, Portugal and toured some very cool ruins in Malta. I've even been to some less than exciting cities like Salalah and Muscat, Oman. Ya, I've seen a few things.

The top place on my bucket list is the Vimy Monument on Remembrance Day. I think that would be amazing, emotional, and something that would stick with anyone for a very long time. I will get there, you can bet on that.
    Totally awesome Axe! Some of us (I include myself in that) are truly lucky to have the opportunity to travel under the guise of working (okay, it's really work, but very cool to be able to see so many interesting places).

I loved Malta. I went there because there was a deal on. I couldn't convince any of my friends to go, they were more interested in drinking their faces off, so I went by myself. I was a little on the shy side back then, but managed to figure out a way to chat up an older couple (I was 25 at the time) who appeared to be with their daughter. Sure enough, I get invited to dinner and it turned out that they lived about a 45 minute drive from where I was stationed in Germany! Oh, and she turned out to be a Lufthansa stewardess (yeah, they weren't flight attendants back then!). Giddy up!

I was also lucky enough to get to Vimy and Beaumont Hamel, along with a dozen other significant battle sites/places while I was in Germany. You HAVE to see Vimy though, it truly is special.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I didn't really notice a smell in Venice.

When did you guys go?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't really notice a smell in Venice.

When did you guys go?
    George Clooney got married the day before I left there. End of September 2014? Water line was pretty low, and they had just had one of their floods maybe 2 weeks before apparently. A lot of the table things they set up for floods to walk on were still up.

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Awesome man! Have fun. If you get the chance (and have that daredevil itch) make sure you check out Rick's Cafe. It's right in Negril. Looks amazing!

That?s hilarious because we already booked our cabs to go there, and since Christmas and my Bday just passed, my sister, her BF, me, and a few others got gift cards/certs to Rick?s Caf?. I was so intrigue when my mom said it was built out of drift wood that I looked up pictures people have posted on Google. Turns out the frame work of the roofs is actual 4?x6? but in no way is it efficiently built lol. But they did take drift wood and put it up to kind of hide the actual structural frame work. But I am really excited to go to Rick?s. There?s also some Divers thing my parents said I have to go to.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    that you have never been to?

1. NEW YORK CITY
    2. ITALY
    3. VEGAS

Ive never been outside of British Columbia for crying out loud lol.......im going to have to do some travelling in the coming years.
    Get off the computer man... life is really short.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah, Stuntman, you gotta get out man!

I've been to Europe a few times so for me:

Iceland
    Tokyo
    non-Bangkok Thailand

- - - Updated - - -

Iceland
    Tokyo
    non-Bangkok Thailand

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    Get off the computer man... life is really short.
    yeah i agree!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post

Iceland
    Tokyo
    non-Bangkok Thailand
    Flights are surprisingly cheap to south-east asia. I went in 2015 to Vietnam. My biggest regret was not being able to do more than 1 country (time off of work). If you can, I suggest doing the SEA tour. I met a lot of people who did it and had nothing but good things to say about doing all those countries.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Totally awesome Axe! Some of us (I include myself in that) are truly lucky to have the opportunity to travel under the guise of working (okay, it's really work, but very cool to be able to see so many interesting places).

I loved Malta. I went there because there was a deal on. I couldn't convince any of my friends to go, they were more interested in drinking their faces off, so I went by myself. I was a little on the shy side back then, but managed to figure out a way to chat up an older couple (I was 25 at the time) who appeared to be with their daughter. Sure enough, I get invited to dinner and it turned out that they lived about a 45 minute drive from where I was stationed in Germany! Oh, and she turned out to be a Lufthansa stewardess (yeah, they weren't flight attendants back then!). Giddy up!

I was also lucky enough to get to Vimy and Beaumont Hamel, along with a dozen other significant battle sites/places while I was in Germany. You HAVE to see Vimy though, it truly is special.
    If you ever get back there, you have to see Mdina. Also known as the Silent City, it is located in Rabat. There is over 4000 years of history. You will find museums, (including a medieval torture chamber), shops, restaurants and of course, a church. The view from the city's wall overlooking the most of Malta is spectacular as well, especially at night. My favorite place on the island.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Philadelphia - Flyers Game
    Atlanta - Braves Game
    Charlotte - Panthers Game
    Nashville - Country Music Awards, Grand Ol' Opry
    Scotland - Family there
    Italy - I love pizza, pasta and history!

Dobber Sports Pro

Italy, Hawaii, Ireland
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

I have no doubt it is something to behold. As I say, it's on my bucket list and whether I have to pay on my own or get the opportunity to go through work, I WILL get there and hopefully it's to pay my respects on Remembrance Day.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

new york. to actually cheer for a home team.
    Sydney for some scuba diving.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Titan

Got back from Jamaica and thought I'd share a pic of Rick's Cafe.

Attached Images Attached Images