Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Random thoughts

Was going to mail a letter today, birthday card from Canada to United States (NY), anyone have any idea how much it will cost? I will find out sure enough when I go to the post office today but just wondering if you guys knew it would be much? Thanks.

Administrator

Last time I did it the cost was two Canadian stamps.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Last time I did it the cost was two Canadian stamps.
    I found he prices on Canada Post website.

$1.20 0-30g
    $1.80 30-50g
    $2.95 50-100g

Not bad, cheaper than I thought. Sending a birthday card. Am going to see if I can put tracking on it and priority shipping for quicker sending.

Dobber Sports Jedi

you can email a bday card for free
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    you can email a bday card for free
    LOL yeh, am sending a hockey card with it as well. I wonder if it's safe sending money in a card for that long of a distance? BC to NY. I just hope the letter gets there.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    LOL yeh, am sending a hockey card with it as well. I wonder if it's safe sending money in a card for that long of a distance? BC to NY. I just hope the letter gets there.
    it probably is... no one sends money anymore... so no one looks for it anymore either
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

It should be less than $10 as long as it fits in a standard envelope. I've sent a handful of packages to the states over the past few years. No issues whatsoever.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

I don't think it would be any different than sending within Canada safety-wise but I remember being told years ago never to include cash in the mail due to theft risks. Instead of a hockey card + cash why not send two hockey cards?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I don't think it would be any different than sending within Canada safety-wise but I remember being told years ago never to include cash in the mail due to theft risks. Instead of a hockey card + cash why not send two hockey cards?
    One is of Matt Anderson - New Jersey Devils. He is a friend of the person I'm sending this birthday card to. More of a sentimental thing for him, I want to send cash to help him out a little bit, $30 or $40 american. I just hope the mail office isn't closed today because in my town they have this SILLY holiday called "wrestling day". Enough with the holidays and lets get back to business lol.

Am heading downtown soon so I'll find out soon enough if they're open and how much this will all cost.

Dobber Sports Monster

Came up to $27 dollars and change. They said it will be there in 5 days. I'm assuming it's 5 business days. Regular shipping would have only been $1.80 but his Birthday is next week, wanted him to get it before then. I should mail stuff more often lol.

The internet tracking thing says expected delivery 1-3 days but I have a hard time believing a package in BC will get to Long Island New York by then, but we'll see.

Dobber Sports Monster

I wonder if priority mail gets flown? It's by usps. I see there was a flight to Vancouver 7 pm from Williams Lake to Vancouver, then I see at 9 45 or so tonight there is a flight from Vancouver to New York. It did say 1-3 days. Would be nice for it to get there right away.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wonder if priority mail gets flown? It's by usps. I see there was a flight to Vancouver 7 pm from Williams Lake to Vancouver, then I see at 9 45 or so tonight there is a flight from Vancouver to New York. It did say 1-3 days. Would be nice for it to get there right away.
    I'm pretty sure it will be flown, but priority mail only goes in coach. If you pay for first class mail, it gets put in the first class seat backs for the trip (in pocket protectors, unlike those cheapo's in coach). At least that's how it was explained to me by a postie.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'm pretty sure it will be flown, but priority mail only goes in coach. If you pay for first class mail, it gets put in the first class seat backs for the trip (in pocket protectors, unlike those cheapo's in coach). At least that's how it was explained to me by a postie.
    I see usps does 9-10 updates on your package on the average according to some video's I watched. So far I've only gotten one that said it's in transit lol. Am eagerly awaiting the progress made by this package. This is fairly interesting and fun lol.

Dobber Sports Monster

Am impatiently waiting for an update on my package. I put $50 american in the sleeve of a hockey card (probably not the smartest thing but didn't want to make him go through the trouble of cashing in a money order and all this stuff, also put in a birthday card. I hope it gets there safely. I was having fun checking for updates last night but now I'm getting mad lolol. Hasn't even been 24 hours and I'm freaking out because there hasn't been one updateyet

Dobber Sports Superstar

One is of Matt Anderson - New Jersey Devils. He is a friend of the person I'm sending this birthday card to. More of a sentimental thing for him, I want to send cash to help him out a little bit, $30 or $40 american. I just hope the mail office isn't closed today because in my town they have this SILLY holiday called "wrestling day". Enough with the holidays and lets get back to business lol.

Am heading downtown soon so I'll find out soon enough if they're open and how much this will all cost.
    Please, please, please tell us more about this Holiday; especially origins and included traditions!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR