Thread: Christian Fischer

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Christian Fischer

I feel like Christian Fischer isn't getting enough love here, so I figured I'd start a thread about him.

The Coyotes drafted him early in the 2nd round in 2015 (32nd overall) after he scored 15 goals and 30 points in 25 games in the USHL. He then moved to the OHL where he scored 40 goals and 90 points in 66 games. He had the option to return to the OHL but the team decided it's best for him to play in the AHL. He's still only 19 years old (turns 20 on April) but was eligible to play in the AHL because he was drafted out of USHL. So far, he's had 15 goals and 31 points in 30 games in the AHL. Those are very impressive numbers for a 19-year-old rookie in the AHL. For comparison, Jack Roslovic, who was drafted 7 spots ahead of Fischer, has 8 goals and 21 points in 28 games, and 18-year-old Alexander Nylander only has 5 goals and 17 points in 33 games.

How much longer until we see him in the NHL? I'm guessing he'll get some games later this season after the Coyotes sell some of their veteran players closer to the trade deadline. Could he be a full-time player next season? Difficult to say before we see him at the NHL level but it's very impressive how he's jumped from one league to another and not miss a beat. His big body (6'2", 212 lbs) also helps his chances. He could definitely start his career on the 4th/3rd line and move his way up from there.

For some reason, Dobber is not showing a lot of love for Fischer. He's ranked him #131 on his prospect ranking which is pretty low in my mind. I would have him somewhere in the #50 range, definitely ahead of someone like Hudson Fasching who hasn't shown much offensively so far. Jack Roslovic is ranked #34, so I'm not really sure why Fischer is almost 100 spots behind him.

If anyone has been following Fischer closely, I would love to hear some comments about him. And if Dobber happens to read this, I would love to hear the reason why he's ranked so low.

Link to Fischer's profile on DobberProspects: http://www.dobberprospects.com/christian-fischer/

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Christian Fischer

definately recognized as a legit prospect in my dynasty leagues . I suppose theres always some gems that go under the radar.

Dobber Sports Jedi

He went undrafted, unsigned in both my keeper/dynasty pools until I nabbed him twice. I love what he brings. He's got a real NHL 200ft game. He's going to be a really good one. I would suspect, being 19 and the Yotes sucking ass again, it's only wise to keep him buried this year and let him win a spot in Sept. He should be getting a much better overall experience, more ice time, play in all situations in the A, rather than 12min a game if called up.

Let him grow, then come in and dominate... IMO... You can throw Jayce Hawryluk on the same train car as Fischer.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well, that didn't take long. From Fantrax:
    Fischer was called up to the NHL on Friday.

Analysis: The 19-year-old could get the opportunity to make his debut Saturday against Tampa Bay. He has been on fire with AHL Tucson this year, recording 32 points in 31 games. Perhaps he evolves into a valuable fantasy threat a few years down the road, but for now, it's best to wait and see how involved he'll be offensively.

Dobber Sports Sage

Scores goal in debut Saturday. Officially on my watch list.

This is why we love you J-P, always bringing the goods.

- - - Updated - - -

Scores goal in debut Saturday. Officially on my watch list.

This is why we love you J-P, always bringing the goods.

The Great One

Just about to say what DG said! Didn't take long at all and going to try and catch the next Yotes game to see him first hand
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    For some reason, Dobber is not showing a lot of love for Fischer. He's ranked him #131 on his prospect ranking which is pretty low in my mind. I would have him somewhere in the #50 range, definitely ahead of someone like Hudson Fasching who hasn't shown much offensively so far. Jack Roslovic is ranked #34, so I'm not really sure why Fischer is almost 100 spots behind him.
    Fischer is #61 on the updated list, and I think that's pretty close to where he should be.