Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Where will Fleury get traded?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Where will Fleury get traded?

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    How do you see this deal work out? Trouba?
    Definitely not Trouba, the Jets would be crazy to even consider that. Everyone knows that Pens have no leverage and they need to get rid of Fleury quickly after the playoffs are over or they'll lose Murray for nothing. They might get someone like Armia, Dano, Petan or Lemieux from the Jets.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    What about a Fleury vs Brodie type of deal?
    Not a chance, I hope. After their Big 3 the quality of the Flames defense drops off severely. IMO, shoring up the #4-6 positions on the blueline is Calgary's biggest off season task, not goaltending. I realize that Elliot was a problem this year, but there are many goaltending options out there that do not involve moving an elite defenceman. On the other hand, there are not many solid, viable options for improving their defense. Moving Brodie for Fleury would make matters worse in Calgary.

The Great One

I agree.

You don't need to give up quality like Brodie to shore up your goaltending issues.

You can find very good goalies for much cheaper.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Not sure how people think Fleury will net a player like Brodie or Trouba. The return will be significantly less.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Not sure how people think Fleury will net a player like Brodie or Trouba. The return will be significantly less.
    Agree - I was assuming it would be some sort of package of Fleury+. I didn't want to get into a value discussion.

Dobber Sports Veteran

At this point I'm going to be surprised if he doesn't go to Calgary. The fit just seems too good.

As for price, I think it will be for a pick and B prospect.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Again, he has a NMC and a limited NTC. The limited NTC is a list of 18 teams HE CAN be traded to.
    18 teams that DO NOT need a goalie.

1. Washington
    2. Toronto
    3. Chicago
    4. Montreal
    5. Tampa
    6. Anaheim
    7. San Jose
    8. LA
    9. Boston
    10. Rangers
    11. St. Louis
    12. Columbus
    13. Nashville
    14. New Jersey
    15. Minny
    16. Edmonton
    17. Dallas
    18. Ottawa/Buffalo/Florida

Heres my list of teams you can trade me to = Fleury is a Penguin next year

If Fleury really wants to remain a Penguin, he has the power to do so.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    At this point I'm going to be surprised if he doesn't go to Calgary. The fit just seems too good.

As for price, I think it will be for a pick and B prospect.
    Flames don't have a second or third round pick this year so not sure how that would happen.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah I don't see the logic in paying Pittsburgh for a goalie with such a contract. Despite his bona fides, there are other capable goalies out there that can be brought onboard for the price of a contract such as Mason and Elliott.

Then again maybe a team like the Islanders or the Sabres decide to make the move. Stranger things have happened.

I listed those 2 particular teams because Buffalo again seems to be in transition and with the GM connection with Pitt it stands to reason he would at least listen to whatever Rutherford is selling.

The Islanders I can't really make heads or tails of what they are doing with that franchise. The ice is horrific, ownership seems uncertain about the best move to make while they languish in a basketball barn with obstructed seating. The core of the team is pretty much in prime time too so they could use a proven guy like MAF. The Halak situation is vexing and Greiss just shot himself in the foot with his HRC-Hitler instagram likes.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Flames don't have a second or third round pick this year so not sure how that would happen.
    2018 pick

Dobber Sports Giant

I know this doesn't mean much, but I have family members that live in Sorel, QC (Fleury's hometown) and they were told by people close to Fleury's family that a deal is already in place with Vegas. As soon as the season ends, he's basically a Knight after the paperwork is completed.

Take it with a grain of salt, but at least I heard the news directly from them.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Expert

Sounds like rubbish.

Why would the Penguins need to make a deal with Vegas at all? Wouldn't Fleury just need to waive his NMC and then the Penguins could expose him and protect Murray? If they traded Fleury wouldn't they just lose someone else in the expansion draft?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Sounds like rubbish.

Why would the Penguins need to make a deal with Vegas at all? Wouldn't Fleury just need to waive his NMC and then the Penguins could expose him and protect Murray? If they traded Fleury wouldn't they just lose someone else in the expansion draft?
    From what I've heard, it's more like Vegas giving them something to avoid Pittsburgh moving him to another team prior to the expansion draft (i.e. Calgary, Buffalo, ...)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Sounds like rubbish.

why would fleury waive his NTC to go from arguably the best team to the worst team in the league?

i believe he has a limited NTC, so if the Pens can't find a trade with a suitable team they will have to buy him out or Vegas will select Murray.

if they do buy him out (or trade him), then Vegas will likely take Dumoulin.

I have no idea which teams are on his no trade list, but if he's smart he'll pick teams that already have a #1, force the pens to buy him out and then sign a contract with CGY, getting the extra income on top of his current deal.

Or maybe he waives to go to a team that ensures he's the #1. all questionable at this point, only thing for certain is the Pens will not let Vegas take Murray.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    From what I've heard, it's more like Vegas giving them something to avoid Pittsburgh moving him to another team prior to the expansion draft (i.e. Calgary, Buffalo, ...)
    Aah. Think Penn & Teller tickets will be enough? Calgary or Winnipeg could offer a lot more I'd think.

I'm confused about the specifics of a lot of the Expansion Draft rules though, can Vegas trade away "use" of one of their selections? Say Pittsburgh trades Fleury to Vegas and gets to select someone exposed by Washington in return? Even indirectly where Vegas gets Fleury for "future considerations", officially selects the player, then immediately flips him to the Pens?