Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hall of Fame or Not. Make predictions on these active players!

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Hall of Fame or Not. Make predictions on these active players!

I think there are other borderline players that could warrant consideration.

For instance, Shea Weber isn't the most offensively-gifted dman. But he's a beast in his own zone. Will he be like Scott Stevens and get in based on leadership and reputation and not on numbers?

- - - Updated - - -

I think there are other borderline players that could warrant consideration.

For instance, Shea Weber isn't the most offensively-gifted dman. But he's a beast in his own zone. Will he be like Scott Stevens and get in based on leadership and reputation and not on numbers?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

I thought about Weber. One cup and I think he could be in. He's been a force for a number of years. The difference between him and the D I mentioned are that they have won cups. And if you don't win a cup or you need multiple Norris Trophy's. For instance I think regardless if Karlesson wins a cup or not if he keeps his production up like this for another 3-5 years he will be in the HOF.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Superstar

I've been thinking about the math of 4 players max per year and your list. You listed 26 players throw in maybe 4 more active players to get to the 30 top options right now. With the current max of 4 players per year the current list could all get in if they retired over a spread of 8 separate years.

A quick glance tells me Kane and Toews are the youngest on this list (1989 births) the 3 oldest are Jagr (1900??) Iginla (1977) and Thornton (1979) so it's likely the list retires over 8-12 year span. Given the league is up to 30 teams and rising I expect the HHOF to elect at least 4 players per year going forward (and perhaps increasing the number in the future). Conclusion: IMO, the bulk of this list will end up in the HHOF.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Initiate

How do people feel about Bergeron's candidacy...WJC Gold, 2x Olympic Gold, World Cup, World Championship, 3 Selke trophies and a Stanley cup. He also is incredibly well respected around the league and that matters, he has a King Clancy and an NHL Foundation player of the year award and is universally regarded as one of the greatest 2-way centres ever. I would honestly rather have him on the Hall than Getzlaf, Spezza, Staal and a few others.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Sage

Nick Backstrom deserves a mention as well. Who knows how Ovy would have done without him... WSH really needs to win a cup.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think Pavel Datsyuk also is a very likely enshrinee.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Nick Backstrom deserves a mention as well. Who knows how Ovy would have done without him... WSH really needs to win a cup.
    The issue is Backstrom has been great for consecutive yrs, and hasn?t won an award, because he?s just behind the big names. So he?ll need a cup, and a long career to get in. If he climbs the all-time points list (~680pts right now) then he?ll get consideration. His international career isn?t the best record (Gold in 2006, silver in 2014. 32pts in 53GP). Like he?s 237th all-time in points. He needs 1200pts before he?s a HOF candidate without single season awards.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Cups have nothing to do with a players worth.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Cups have nothing to do with a players worth.
    Henri Richard won 11 cups and his only individual award he won was the Bill Masterson Trophy in 1974 once. 1256gp, 1046pts. 11cups. I think he got into the HOF because of the cups.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I think the Sedins deserve some serious consideration.... Think about it, the only pregnancy to produce more NHL points was Wayne Gretzky!
    My favourite post of 2017 so far. Very clever.

Dobber Sports Genius

I thought about Patrice Bergeron but for whatever reason the fine art of the two way forward does not get enough respect with the best player in the game conversations. If Toews is considered a likely HOF, then Bergeron should be right there to. I think a big thing for HOF is based on three point criteria two in which I agree with and one I am on the fence.

One is that ascend to the top of game at least once in your career. You are the best undisputed. For instance both the Sedins have won Art Ross Trophys and Ted Lindsay awards, with Hank winning a Hart to boot.

Two is to have long sustained careers of excellence. This where some of the players we mentioned that have no awards but are on the cusp of 1000+ points might have shot.

Three and this is the one I am on the fence with. You have to win a cup. Two HOF who I think would of made it because of the first two criteria only won there cups because they jumped ship at the end of their careers. Ray Bourque being one and Dominik Hasek. Now look at their body of work, if they didn't ever win a cup because they retired in Boston/Buffalo would you hold it against them as players that just werent good enough to get the job done? Or was it management/organisation issue?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought about Patrice Bergeron but for whatever reason the fine art of the two way forward does not get enough respect with the best player in the game conversations. If Toews is considered a likely HOF, then Bergeron should be right there to. I think a big thing for HOF is based on three point criteria two in which I agree with and one I am on the fence.

One is that ascend to the top of game at least once in your career. You are the best undisputed. For instance both the Sedins have won Art Ross Trophys and Ted Lindsay awards, with Hank winning a Hart to boot.

Two is to have long sustained careers of excellence. This where some of the players we mentioned that have no awards but are on the cusp of 1000+ points might have shot.

Three and this is the one I am on the fence with. You have to win a cup. Two HOF who I think would of made it because of the first two criteria only won there cups because they jumped ship at the end of their careers. Ray Bourque being one and Dominik Hasek. Now look at their body of work, if they didn't ever win a cup because they retired in Boston/Buffalo would you hold it against them as players that just werent good enough to get the job done? Or was it management/organisation issue?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

I too think that the fact that Toews is considered a shoo-in bodes well for Bergeron.
    Toews: 3 Cups, 2 Olympic Gold Medals, 1 World Cup, 1 WHC Gold 1 Silver, 2 WJC Gold, 5x All-star, 1 Conn Smythe, 2nd All star Team, 1 Selke, 1 Mark Messier Leadership Award, 0.86PperG

Bergeron: 1 Cup, 2 Olympic Gold Medals, 1 World Cup, 1 WHC Gold, 1 WJC Gold, 1 Spengler Cup (lol), 2x All-star, 3 Selke, 1 King Clancy, 1 NHL Foundation Player o the Year (Only say this because the selection committee actually seems to care about a player off the ice), 0.75PperG

Its definitely clear that Toews has the better resume, but I don't think Bergeron is that far off and I think he has a shot.

- - - Updated - - -

I too think that the fact that Toews is considered a shoo-in bodes well for Bergeron.
    Toews: 3 Cups, 2 Olympic Gold Medals, 1 World Cup, 1 WHC Gold 1 Silver, 2 WJC Gold, 5x All-star, 1 Conn Smythe, 2nd All star Team, 1 Selke, 1 Mark Messier Leadership Award, 0.86PperG

Bergeron: 1 Cup, 2 Olympic Gold Medals, 1 World Cup, 1 WHC Gold, 1 WJC Gold, 1 Spengler Cup (lol), 2x All-star, 3 Selke, 1 King Clancy, 1 NHL Foundation Player o the Year (Only say this because the selection committee actually seems to care about a player off the ice), 0.75PperG

Its definitely clear that Toews has the better resume, but I don't think Bergeron is that far off and I think he has a shot.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    First Ballot:

Jaromir Jagr - yes
    Sidney Crosby - yes
    Alexander Ovechkin - yes

The Established:

Jarome Iginla - yes
    Joe Thornton - yes
    Roberto Loungo - yes
    Patrick Kane - yes
    Evgeni Malkin - yes
    Eric Staal - oooh. most will say no. i think its possible, but not likely.
    Corey Perry - probably
    Ryan Getzlaf - probably
    Henrik Sedin - yes
    Daniel Sedin - yes
    Jason Spezza - dont think so. very good player but not an all timer.
    Henrik Zetterberg - hmmm....50/50
    Jonathan Toews - yes
    Zach Parise - doubt it
    Anze Kopitar - yes
    Drew Doughty - yes
    Duncan Keith - yes
    Braden Holtby - too early to say on this one. i think he could if he continues to rack up wins.
    Carey Price - yes
    Jonathan Quick - yes
    Corey Crawford - 50/50
    Henrik Lundqvist - yes
    Marc Andre Fleury - probably

lotta HoFers on that list. might take ages for them all to get in though.
    Interesting to look back on this now that most of these players are retired, retiring or in their last few years.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

From the names remaining:

Kane, Malkin, Getzlaf, Toews, Kopitar, Doughty, Keith, Price, Lundqvist.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It's basically turned into the Hall of Very Good, Hall of I Like and Respect that guy. I think most of those listed will eventually get in.
    I wonder how much the reverse will matter with Corey Perry.