Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Laine helped off after massive hit

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Laine helped off after massive hit

Thats the picture.

As I say it looks like McCabe took the worst of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the picture.

As I say it looks like McCabe took the worst of it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

He was out cold before he hit the ice. Concussed for sure
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Icon

Almost like Peca on Selanne there. Showing my age, yes I know.

Gonna have to tune in the next time Sabres/Jets play. Can we sign Tie Domi back for 1 game?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Big hit by McCabe. Totally legal. Laine definitely looked concussed with the way he left the ice, but everything I'm hearing afterwards is positive.

What the hell is wrong with equipment providers? First, hard-capped shoulder pads should have been outlawed 25 years ago and now visor have been cutting players for years, often the guys who wear them. Why the f**k can't they round off those sharp edges? It seems so simple...or maybe I'm just simple-minded?

Hope the kid isn't out for any games or if he is, it's just a small number. Great hit though, does not require "revenge" type action by any Jets. The guy is allowed to body check players for heavens sake.

- - - Updated - - -

Big hit by McCabe. Totally legal. Laine definitely looked concussed with the way he left the ice, but everything I'm hearing afterwards is positive.

What the hell is wrong with equipment providers? First, hard-capped shoulder pads should have been outlawed 25 years ago and now visor have been cutting players for years, often the guys who wear them. Why the f**k can't they round off those sharp edges? It seems so simple...or maybe I'm just simple-minded?

Hope the kid isn't out for any games or if he is, it's just a small number. Great hit though, does not require "revenge" type action by any Jets. The guy is allowed to body check players for heavens sake.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Clean hit, but he hit his head hard on the ice. Looks like he will be out next week. Which is ok with me because I play his team.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Genius

Argh, that sucks. Nothing wrong with the legality of the hit, but I also see nothing wrong with Scheifele and company going bananas afterwards. Gotta stick up for your teammate, legal hit or not.

I think Laine will be out for a while. Certainly more than a week. I'll tentatively guess a month, but it could easily be more, in my opinion. You don't take chances with franchise players, especially in what is essentially a "learning season" for the young Jets.

- - - Updated - - -

Argh, that sucks. Nothing wrong with the legality of the hit, but I also see nothing wrong with Scheifele and company going bananas afterwards. Gotta stick up for your teammate, legal hit or not.

I think Laine will be out for a while. Certainly more than a week. I'll tentatively guess a month, but it could easily be more, in my opinion. You don't take chances with franchise players, especially in what is essentially a "learning season" for the young Jets.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    . The guy is allowed to body check players for heavens sake.
    Watch your language mate! Cheeses....

The Great One

I would love for Schefelie to get a suspension for this.

Dobber Sports Deity

Gotta love Matthews chances for the Calder if Laine misses significant time. It would have been one hell of a tight race if both stayed healthy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

That hit looked like it was out of a video game. I also can't see how Laine avoids missing time. His owners should be more concerned that he (or the team) allow him to come back sooner than he should, which would result in fewer games missed but worse performance.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Even if it was the result of the suicide pass from Scheifele himself? If I were Scheifele I should be more upset that I made that pass than McCabe hitting him.

Dobber Sports Genius

Can't seem to reply directly, but how do you know that Scheifele isn't disappointed about his pass? He's still got to stick up for his teammate. It's a bad sign for a team when a player gets pasted and no one does anything about it. It doesn't even mean that Scheifele (or any other Jet) thought the hit was dirty, but you've got to show your teammate you've got his back, and let other teams in the league know that they'll have to pay the piper if they do the same.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Gotta love Matthews chances for the Calder if Laine misses significant time. It would have been one hell of a tight race if both stayed healthy.
    one guy is playing with Scheifele, the other with Hyman. Race wouldn't even be close if they swapped teams.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Can't seem to reply directly, but how do you know that Scheifele isn't disappointed about his pass? He's still got to stick up for his teammate. It's a bad sign for a team when a player gets pasted and no one does anything about it. It doesn't even mean that Scheifele (or any other Jet) thought the hit was dirty, but you've got to show your teammate you've got his back, and let other teams in the league know that they'll have to pay the piper if they do the same.
    I didn't say that he wasn't upset, as I said if I was Scheifele. And I know that you need to stick up for your teammate (though don't agree after every clean hit), but I'm questioning Scheifele himself going in pissed off after McCabe cleanly hit Laine which directly resulted from his bad pass.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I didn't say that he wasn't upset, as I said if I was Scheifele. And I know that you need to stick up for your teammate (though don't agree after every clean hit), but I'm questioning Scheifele himself going in pissed off after McCabe cleanly hit Laine which directly resulted from his bad pass.
    What was he going to do? Skate away and pout?

Right or wrong, you stick up for your teammates.

Same with family and your kids. 100% unconditional.