Thread: Zemgus Girgensons

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Zemgus Girgensons

There was a time, about two years ago, that I thought I had the next Anze Kopitar.

At times he looked very promising. But he really hasn't progressed a ton or done nearly what I thought him capable of. Eventually I dropped him.

He's not old though. Still just 23 I think. He's now been getting top line minutes with Reinhart and Okposo. At least this trio leads the team in TOI. He finally scored a goal tonight.

Is there a thing to see here? I occasionally check back in with the Goose to see what he's up to. The last three games might be the most promising sign in a while.

Can he still make something of himself? What would that something look like?
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Zemgus Girgensons

You are right, at one time he was damn near untouchable in Buffalo but after acquiring O'Reilly and then drafting Eichel, Girgensons was destined to be a 3rd line center. In all fairness, that is probably a better fit for his skillset anyway. The reason he's getting better linemates is due to ROR's injury.

As far as a future for him, like you, I gave up hope a while back myself. Don't bother with him unless you are in a massively deep league and are in need of depth. That's about all he's good for IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

You are right, at one time he was damn near untouchable in Buffalo but after acquiring O'Reilly and then drafting Eichel, Girgensons was destined to be a 3rd line center. In all fairness, that is probably a better fit for his skillset anyway. The reason he's getting better linemates is due to ROR's injury.

As far as a future for him, like you, I gave up hope a while back myself. Don't bother with him unless you are in a massively deep league and are in need of depth. That's about all he's good for IMO.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."