Thread: Leafs "Sticky Note" on bench.

Default Leafs "Sticky Note" on bench.

Is this how coaching staff keeps tracking of FOW/FOL?
    The numbers are Leaf C's of course and their W/L but how is this an efficient way of keeping track?

Does anyone know if this is for a specific time period for example or maybe just during one shift, or something?
    Would seem easier to use ticks, no?

Any thoughts/experience/ideas?

15910066_10154705144911043_680848168_n.jpg
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Leafs "Sticky Note" on bench.

I think I remember hearing something a little while ago about Babcock using the backup goalie on the bench to keep track of face-offs. So a sticky note may be a simple way for the goalie to do it on the bench. I like the idea just to have the goalie doing something and to be able to immediately hold your Cs accountable.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I remember hearing something a little while ago about Babcock using the backup goalie on the bench to keep track of face-offs. So a sticky note may be a simple way for the goalie to do it on the bench. I like the idea just to have the goalie doing something and to be able to immediately hold your Cs accountable.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Also makes sense as an in game measure when you have to decide in a split second who needs to go out to win that one draw... Yes you have an idea that Bozak is your best C at face offs but don't forget Babcock is trying to transition to the kids so if Matthews is doing well in a game in the circle why not take a calculated risk and give him that 'big' draw? Obviously didn't work against Detroit in the Classic but Matthews will learn from it

- - - Updated - - -

Also makes sense as an in game measure when you have to decide in a split second who needs to go out to win that one draw... Yes you have an idea that Bozak is your best C at face offs but don't forget Babcock is trying to transition to the kids so if Matthews is doing well in a game in the circle why not take a calculated risk and give him that 'big' draw? Obviously didn't work against Detroit in the Classic but Matthews will learn from it
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Babcock uses sticky notes all the time. He doesn?t typically use his whiteboard for much. He even draws on the bench if he?s drawing up a play.

Backup Goalie is tracking stats, but the way he holds his clipboard makes it look like it?s a full piece of paper. They make the goalie track stats to keep him watching the game and not dazing off, so he?s focused and mentally taking in player habits if he gets into the game. Wouldn?t be surprised if he was supposed to be tracking like how many times the Leafs blow a positional assignment. Some obscure so he?s 100% watching the game and not just faceoffs.

Here's him at the WC. Look how many he's got back there:
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Yeah makes total sense to me it just seemed odd that they would write actual numbers in instead of using 'ticks' as I call them.
    I mean I know you can change a 1 to a 2 but a 3 to a 4 without scratching shit out isn't easy, that's why I thought maybe it was for a specific amount of time!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah makes total sense to me it just seemed odd that they would write actual numbers in instead of using 'ticks' as I call them.
    I mean I know you can change a 1 to a 2 but a 3 to a 4 without scratching shit out isn't easy, that's why I thought maybe it was for a specific amount of time!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

I dunno why it’s not working but I can’t blow up the picture to take a good look at it. Could be per period, could be last games numbers, could last time they played that team.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno why it?s not working but I can?t blow up the picture to take a good look at it. Could be per period, could be last games numbers, could last time they played that team.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Yeah that's what got me thinking it has to be used for something more specific than just a grand total or ||||'s would be used over numbers.
    Maybe one day I'll ask Babs myself!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's what got me thinking it has to be used for something more specific than just a grand total or ||||'s would be used over numbers.
    Maybe one day I'll ask Babs myself!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's just a grocery list for after the game.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just a grocery list for after the game.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket