Thread: Help me engineer a trade

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Help me engineer a trade

I have an owner who would trade me OV for Simmonds, straight up. With our scoring cats, both of those guys are high value. The problem is, I don't own Simmonds.

I'm in first place and other than a possible goaltending issue when Quick comes back and Budaj becomes irrelevant, I'm in good shape. But I'm wondering if there is an opportunity here for me to figure out a three way trade that will help me. My team is in my signature. Here's the Simmonds owner's team:

Thornton, Miller, Lucic, Simmonds, Kunitz, Oshie, Weber, Niskanen, OEL, Stralman, Tavares, Spezza, Vlasic, Holtby, Jones, Halak

He's a big Caps fan, so there's no way he gives up Holtby, but my Backstrom might interest him.

If I could get Simmonds (which means OV if I choose to flip him) and maybe buy low on Tavares, maybe I can offer Backstrom and Hoffman or Forsberg? But I would really like to get my hands on Jones. He'd be the piece that would make any potential trade a real upgrade for me. The problem is that he probably knows that Halak is waiver fodder right now and he'd be looking for a #2 if he trades Jones. Getting Simmonds and Jones might cost a lot more than I am prepared to give - I'd probably be in Crosby or Karlsson territory now.

one last question that would simplify this... would you rather have OV or Simmonds, given our scoring cats? Maybe this isn't a three way trade after all.

Any suggestions on an offer that could help me? Or should I just stand pat?
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Help me engineer a trade

Without the shots category, I would almost lean towards Simmonds due to PIMs.
    If I'm the owner of Simmonds, I'm looking at one of 5 players that I would need coming back: Price, Crosby, Tank, Karlsson, Letang. If you want Jones in there too, then I would maybe add Backstrom, Forsberg and Patches to the list making it 8 players, and you would have to include at least two of them as the return.

- - - Updated - - -

Without the shots category, I would almost lean towards Simmonds due to PIMs.
    If I'm the owner of Simmonds, I'm looking at one of 5 players that I would need coming back: Price, Crosby, Tank, Karlsson, Letang. If you want Jones in there too, then I would maybe add Backstrom, Forsberg and Patches to the list making it 8 players, and you would have to include at least two of them as the return.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Help me engineer a trade

Thanks EB. Gotta take Price and Crosby off the table, I think. Probably Karlsson too. So I'd have to give up at least 3 of those other 5 and this is probably just rearranging furniture. It wouldn't be worth doing without Jones coming back. Good G's are scarce, but I could probably bottom feed and find someone to take Budaj or Helly plus one of the second tier stars for a decent starter.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G