Thread: RIP George Michael

Dobber Sports Star

Default RIP George Michael

I must admit, when Wham first burst onto the scene, I thought George Michaels was a shallow pop frontman with little talent. I soon realize, that although he tended to do music that I didn't appreciate, he was a pretty talented man. He blew me away at the Freddy Mercury tribute. It's been a rough year for music. RIP, GM.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/25/entert...ath/index.html

Rylant

PS. F**K 2016

The Great One

Default Re: RIP George Michaels

Will always remember him for 'Don't let the sun go down on me' one of those songs that really strikes a chord with me - RIP
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: RIP George Michael

RIP

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I must admit, when Wham first burst onto the scene, I thought George Michaels was a shallow pop frontman with little talent. I soon realize, that although he tended to do music that I didn't appreciate, he was a pretty talented man. He blew me away at the Freddy Mercury tribute. It's been a rough year for music. RIP, GM.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/25/entert...ath/index.html

Rylant

PS. F**K 2016
    That was a pretty amazing performance, as part of a pretty amazing show. Tough year for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Will always remember him for 'Don't let the sun go down on me' one of those songs that really strikes a chord with me - RIP
    ...agreed.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have some great memories that are triggered when I hear a couple of his songs! Gone way too soon.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

One of the cutest girls in high school absolutely loved dancing to his "I Want Your Sex". I think it was the only reason I went to high school dances.

Also seem to remember having a girlfriend who like to make out to "Careless Whisper". Don't mind if I do...

Never really thought about it until he died, but George Michael's music influenced my teenage libido perhaps more than I would care to believe. Hahaha.

Will 2016 ever end???

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy