Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Prospect To Add

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Best Prospect To Add

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    What's up with Lazar? Did he come down with a bad case of the Hodgesons? He was slated to be a future captain. He's still just 21 right?

Earlier in the offseason it was said that the Sens were expecting Lazar to become an important player for their club.

He's being treated as a bust. Yet I believe to be a bust, you had to have gotten a real opportunity and failed. Sometimes multiple times.

Injuries have really set him back this season. But I don't think there is any reason to have him much lower in anyone's personal rankings than you would have had him a year ago. I really don't think much has changed in Lazarus development. It just took a hiatus and injury break. I would expect him to start getting integrated more toward the second half of the season. Then I think it can be determined better where he is in his development and in the overall scheme of fantasy hockey.
    No one should be treating him as a bust for two reasons. First, he will be an NHL player for a number of years. He's a hard worker, he has some talent and plays both ends of the ice. Therefore not a bust even if maybe he doesn't fully meet expectations. Second, in fantasy terms or offensive production terms, no one should have been expecting big numbers from him in the first place. Look at his junior numbers - clearly not a high-end offensive guy. So he's arguably not a bust in those terms either - expectations from fantasy owners were probably too high in the first place.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    No one should be treating him as a bust for two reasons. First, he will be an NHL player for a number of years. He's a hard worker, he has some talent and plays both ends of the ice. Therefore not a bust even if maybe he doesn't fully meet expectations. Second, in fantasy terms or offensive production terms, no one should have been expecting big numbers from him in the first place. Look at his junior numbers - clearly not a high-end offensive guy. So he's arguably not a bust in those terms either - expectations from fantasy owners were probably too high in the first place.
    I agree with this. He will likely turn into a solid NHL player, just don't expect too much from him in fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Brossoit > Domingue long-term. Edmonton is just getting started and Brossoit's prime age aligns well with their core's. I see Talbot as an advantage, allowing Brossoit to develop in the AHL for a few more seasons because he still needs it.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kirill Kaprizov
    Thomas Chabot

Philippe Myers
    Jeremy Bracco
    Adam Fox (for me he is a wildcard)

Curtis Lazar - dont want to say he is a bust, because he isn't but won't be a top6 forward imo. He will be a bottom6 F for Ottawa. Also want to say, do not drop Guentzel, he is a gem.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I ended up dropping Spooner for Kirill Kaprizov.

From what i'm hearing he could be a lethal NHL player and I'm willing to take my chances. Spooner doesn't strike me as a big fantasy producer, even with his 50 points last season. He didn't score much in juniors, so I don't think he'll crack 50 frequently.

Didn't drop Guentzel, I think I'm going to move forward with him, KK, Boeser, Labanc, McAvoy and Provorov as my prospects. Not too many high end guys, but I'm hoping they'll develop and i'll hit on a few.

I might end up dropping Labanc or Strome to add Chabot or Myers if they impress in the World Juniors, but we'll see.
    - 12 team, 40 keeper dynasty league
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Scoring categories for goalies: W, SV, SV%, SO, GAA
    - Start 12F, 6D, 3UTIL, 3 min goalie starts a week
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

Goalies: Jones, Vasilevskiy, Raanta, Keumper, Remier, Demko

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    What's up with Lazar? Did he come down with a bad case of the Hodgesons? He was slated to be a future captain. He's still just 21 right?

Earlier in the offseason it was said that the Sens were expecting Lazar to become an important player for their club.

He's being treated as a bust. Yet I believe to be a bust, you had to have gotten a real opportunity and failed. Sometimes multiple times.

Injuries have really set him back this season. But I don't think there is any reason to have him much lower in anyone's personal rankings than you would have had him a year ago. I really don't think much has changed in Lazarus development. It just took a hiatus and injury break. I would expect him to start getting integrated more toward the second half of the season. Then I think it can be determined better where he is in his development and in the overall scheme of fantasy hockey.
    There just isn't opportunity for him. He can play in the NHL but on the RW there's nowhere for him to play in an offensive role and at his natural position of C there is nowhere for him to play. Then there's other prospects with more offense coming. He can fill the role he is currently asked to play, which is energy checker.

If he ever develops the offense, it will be like Dustin Brown or Ryan Callahan. There's no doubting his leadership, and he has a good shot, and he had good 5 on 5 numbers in junior, but I don't ever expect him to become an offensive player on the Sens. I also expect him to be dangled with a guy like Ceci for an upgrade. But for fantasy, don't bother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    he wasn't high-end but had a very good shot and great even strength production. He will just have to start scoring greasy goals and using his shot more.