Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jake Allen and john Gibson really frustrating me

The Great One

Default Re: Jake Allen and john Gibson really frustrating me

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    you know Jake Allen is tied for 5th in the NHL with 14W... only trailing, Price, Bob, Rask & Jones... so he hasn't been downright awful to date. His GAA, SVPct could be better, but they should correct themselves over the course of the season.
    Completely valid. I'm leading the league in wins (with Price as my other G) by a decent margin. But my rate stats are decidedly average. There are two rate cats in my league (vs only one for wins). I'll give away a few wins to get my GAA and SV% down.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Good talk son. The Schneider owner went for it immediately. Nice swap I think. Thanks for the words Eric.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I remember two years ago, Brenden Hotlby was frustrating many owners as well. They all thought that with Barry Trotz now coaching the capitals that their overall team play would make Holtby a top 10 goalie. It didn't happen immediately but look at him last year. He is in the same category as Carey Price. He is elite.

I'm frustrated with Allen and Gibson but I will keep them. I have faith they will turn into the goalies we all think they will be (esp. Gibson). I just need to grab a 3rd goalie or maybe just forget about goalie stats for this year. I can grab Mike Smith, Niemi, Lehtonen, Brain Elliot, Ryan Miller, Markstrom, Pickard but I don't think this will help me much.

I'm keeping a close eye on what happens in Nashville. Maybe Juuse Saros will get some starts and get on a good run. Every year, one or two goalies steal a few starting jobs.

The Great One

Like a recent ramblings hinted...if the Canucks decide to turn the page and go youth I like Markstrom. Elliot will get back in there eventually. But really none of those jumps out as a real great option. And I agree with you on Gibson...he'll be a Vezina finalist in a couple of years and you'll look like a genius for hanging onto him.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    GAA is a rate stat. Allen's SV% sucks this year and his GAA is fair to middling. I too am thinking about trading Allen. Or just starting him at home. He's on a short leash with me and probably should be with everyone else as well...
    I know GAA is a rate stat. The defensive systems help in that rate stat only, not save% or other things. basically the systems drive wins, help with GAA. If you care more about save% numbers or saves, these are not the guys you want.

Completely valid. I'm leading the league in wins (with Price as my other G) by a decent margin. But my rate stats are decidedly average. There are two rate cats in my league (vs only one for wins). I'll give away a few wins to get my GAA and SV% down.
    That's a nice deal for you. Allen is an average goalie on a team with a solid scheme, who seems to be injury prone, as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cmambro View Post
    I remember two years ago, Brenden Hotlby was frustrating many owners as well. They all thought that with Barry Trotz now coaching the capitals that their overall team play would make Holtby a top 10 goalie. It didn't happen immediately but look at him last year. He is in the same category as Carey Price. He is elite.

I'm frustrated with Allen and Gibson but I will keep them. I have faith they will turn into the goalies we all think they will be (esp. Gibson). I just need to grab a 3rd goalie or maybe just forget about goalie stats for this year. I can grab Mike Smith, Niemi, Lehtonen, Brain Elliot, Ryan Miller, Markstrom, Pickard but I don't think this will help me much.

I'm keeping a close eye on what happens in Nashville. Maybe Juuse Saros will get some starts and get on a good run. Every year, one or two goalies steal a few starting jobs.
    The difference with Holtby was that he wasn't putting up bad seasons. Once he finally won the job over Neuvirth, he got the volume of starts that he needed. Neuvirth was a pretty good goalie, but not as good as Holtby. I had the Washington tandem on my dynasty roster, waiting for it to shake out, while I played a lot of matchups week to week.

I view Gibson as a guy who could take that step to becoming elite. His QS% and some other numbers show that he is consistent and above average.

Allen is a tier or two below him for me. He can be good and very useful if you count wins & GA, but he's going to be an issue if you try and spot start him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Not as big a fan of Gibson, Anaheim will be in a large rebuild soon once Getz, Perry, Kesler age a little more. Allen also has question marks, anyone else in your league looking to trade a goalie? Maybe you can find a good swap
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

I'm about five points out of first place in my points only keeper league and besides the Stamkos injury (damn you MCL), Gibson's lacklustre performance is why I'm in second. He has a measly 23 points while my competition has Cam Talbot and his 34 points. And it seems like every time Anaheim tries to win a game this year, Bernier is in goal.
    The GM in our league has offered Bobrovsky, but while he is doing well, his injury history worries me. So, unless I get blown away by an offer, I'll hold on to Gibson for now.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well, Jake Allen won last night against the Devils. I feel better about him now but who knows when his next bad game will be.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I was watching on gamecentre last night, saw him give up two quick ones (including a shorty), I got disgusted and turned it off. Good thing they pulled out the rest of the game, but I am still expecting better performances from Allen. A shutout would be nice from a guy drafted as a #1 goalie.

Y! 13 Team Roto (Keep 3 - Yr 3) - G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV%, SVS
    C(2): , Trocheck, Horvat, McTavish (LW)
    LW(2): Stützle (C), DeBrincat (RW), Hagel (RW),
    RW(2): Pastrňák, Nylander, Konecny (LW)
    D(4): Montour, Letang, Werenski, Andersson, Mintyukov
    UTIL(1):
    G(2): Samsonov, Husso, Talbot, Lyon
    IR+(2):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I won`t trade Jake Allen. I know the momet I do, their team defense will start performing and he`ll starting getting his GAA lower. I really think the goalie`s performance is linked to the d-men playing in front of him. ST Louis is a top team and after x-mas the real teams wake up and pretenders slide down in the standings (i.e. like the Montreal Candiens do every year).

The Great One

I'm gonna say for the time being start Allen at home and not on the road. The is a huge difference in the quality of his starts home vs away.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

that's good advise tweetdrivr...thanks

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The end>