Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Threw in the towel and made a play for McJesus

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Threw in the towel and made a play for McJesus

That is what FANTASY MANAGING IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooooooooo!!!!!!! (a la Rick Flair) probably before your time.....
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    That is what FANTASY MANAGING IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooooooooo!!!!!!! (a la Rick Flair) probably before your time.....
    Flair was still around like 6 years ago. You thinking there's lots of 10 to 12 year old kids on here?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Flair was still around like 6 years ago. You thinking there's lots of 10 to 12 year old kids on here?
    Flair was on Raw last week...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Hahahahahahaha
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    McDavid 100pts

for

Kuch 80pts
    Hedman 50pts plus significant trade equity
    Mathews 70pts plus significant trade equity

This deal is significantly in favour of the Kuch side, just on points alone.

Losing Kucherov is significant, not only in points but in loss of a RW, the rarest of rare positions. Your loss of opportunity cost is even greater. With Kucherov, for example, you could have traded him away for his points + prospect + established player. In a keeper, the haul you paid for McDavid would have been equal to the haul you received for Kucherov, as he will become the second most valuable fantasy asset out there. Granted, McDavid is the best player in this deal, but to put it bluntly - your team is actually worse.

Whatever, it's fantasy hockey. Having a stud like McDavid to cheer for will help with your continued time in the gutter.
    You can't place value on players that way. The higher in points you get, the more rare the amount of players able to achieve that, become. A 70 point guy is easier to replace than an 80 point guy, because there are more of them around. You can't just add up all the points on one side to get the value of the trade. You wouldn't trade a 90 point guy, for three 30 point guys.

Personally, I love making trades like this. I think that the McDavid side wins huge. Kucherov, Matthews and Hedman are replaceable.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    You can't place value on players that way. The higher in points you get, the more rare the amount of players able to achieve that, become. A 70 point guy is easier to replace than an 80 point guy, because there are more of them around. You can't just add up all the points on one side to get the value of the trade. You wouldn't trade a 90 point guy, for three 30 point guys.

Personally, I love making trades like this. I think that the McDavid side wins huge. Kucherov, Matthews and Hedman are replaceable.

Rylant
    Wrong as usual.

Kucherov will be just behind McDavid for the prime years. Maybe +10 in point differentials.

A 70pt player is virtually the same value as an 80pt player. We are talking about maybe 10-15 players in the league and any one of them could be argued as having a bad year. People are very liberal with their valuations in today's NHL.

The deal is the deal. His team suffers, but he gets the pleasure of owning the best (or soon to be) player in the league. That's an invaluable amount of fun!

Re: 3 30pt players, of course not.

I see you're into trolling now. Keep it up!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Wrong as usual.

Kucherov will be just behind McDavid for the prime years. Maybe +10 in point differentials.

A 70pt player is virtually the same value as an 80pt player. We are talking about maybe 10-15 players in the league and any one of them could be argued as having a bad year. People are very liberal with their valuations in today's NHL.

The deal is the deal. His team suffers, but he gets the pleasure of owning the best (or soon to be) player in the league. That's an invaluable amount of fun!

I do realize that replacing these guys will be difficult (with Kucherov being the most). I really had no issue giving up Hedman (real value always higher than fantasy) and Matthews can be replaced with a good year from Kuznetsov, or I make a deal for an 75 pt C (Drasaitl).

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong as usual.

But I do think that there will more than a +10 difference between Kucherov and McDavid.

Just sayin......

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I do realize that replacing these guys will be difficult (with Kucherov being the most). I really had no issue giving up Hedman (real value always higher than fantasy) and Matthews can be replaced with a good year from Kuznetsov, or I make a deal for an 75 pt C (Drasaitl).

- - - Updated - - -

But I do think that there will more than a +10 difference between Kucherov and McDavid.

Just sayin......
    Takes balls to do a deal like this. You'll win or lose, but it sure is fun to break it down.

Dobber Sports Star

Wrong as usual.

I am wrong as usual? I am trolling now? By suggesting that I like the trade, and my reasoning behind it? Right... How many accounts does iwinthings have here?

Rylant

Wrong as usual.

Kucherov is a star. McDavid is a superstar. Hedman is an overrated fantasy asset (like Doughty). It comes down to what Matthews ends up as. If he's Tavares, it's an overpay. If it's Toews, it's a steal. If it's somewhere in the middle, it's a fair deal. You're not getting McDavid for scrubs, you have to trade good players for good players. And sure you wouldn't trade 3 30 point players for a 90 point player, but from your valuation you would call paying 3 50 point players for a 90 point player an overpay, which also isn't true.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I am wrong as usual? I am trolling now? By suggesting that I like the trade, and my reasoning behind it? Right... How many accounts does iwinthings have here?

Rylant
    I was the 6th comment in about 40.

You're making me blush.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I may be looking for a new pool to join for next season. My current poolies (except for 4 of us) are brutal and inactive.

If I was serious about countering the Price, Kane and Draisaitl offer, i probably would have asked to sub out Draisaitl with Gaudreau. Then that would really make me think.
    You do realize that thinking about what you would do if you wanted to really counter the deal is also making you think more, right?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    You do realize that thinking about what you would do if you wanted to really counter the deal is also making you think more, right?
    LOL!!!! Very clever....

Dobber Sports Ace

you definitely didn't overpay. That trade was a steal.