Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Threw in the towel and made a play for McJesus

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Threw in the towel and made a play for McJesus

Sitting with a 3-6 record, I am all but out of the running for the championship this year. I decided to mail it in and make a crazy offer to the McDavid owner who claimed he would NEVER trade him. A la Godfather, I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Hedman, Kucherov and Matthews
    for
    McDavid.

The owners in our league are split, but they are at complete opposite sides of the spectrum. A couple say that I was nuts, and the others say that he was nuts. interesting how polarized this trade is.
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Threw in the towel and made a play for McJesus

Ya I'm on the side that thinks your crazy n haha. I mean you do anything you can to get mcdavid really but in points only with the+ on d men. Overall I think he won the trade but who cares you got mcdavid
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Giant

How many keepers do you get to keep?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    Ya I'm on the side that thinks your crazy n haha. I mean you do anything you can to get mcdavid really but in points only with the+ on d men. Overall I think he won the trade but who cares you got mcdavid
    Crazy, yes!!!!

Crazy like a FOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    How many keepers do you get to keep?
    keep 20

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    keep 20
    Ok thanks. Looking at it then, I count a good 25 potential keepers so I think you are fine giving up the quantity for the quality! Enjoy McDavid
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yep, you're nuts.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    Everyone always cites a plus on dmen points like it matters. It doesn't at all. That applies to every dman, so it creates more balance internally for the league, but doesn't matter from trade considerations.

I'll easily take the McDavid side here. This is the acquisition cost. You traded a second or third tier defenseman (Hedman is like Doughty, way higher name value than production), en elite forward, and an elite prospect that could be Tavares or could be Toews, for a superstar.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Lets face it, you got the only player that has a legitimate shot of cracking 100 points annually. Kuch & Matthews are 80-90 ceiling players. I love love Matthews, but that's also team bias. The "loss" of Kuch & Matthews point wise will be made up within a year. it's fantasy hockey, it's easy to replace holes in a roster.

Any time you acquire the best player in a deal, and when that player is McDavid... you can't entirely lose.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

McDavid 100pts

for

Kuch 80pts
    Hedman 50pts plus significant trade equity
    Mathews 70pts plus significant trade equity

This deal is significantly in favour of the Kuch side, just on points alone.

Losing Kucherov is significant, not only in points but in loss of a RW, the rarest of rare positions. Your loss of opportunity cost is even greater. With Kucherov, for example, you could have traded him away for his points + prospect + established player. In a keeper, the haul you paid for McDavid would have been equal to the haul you received for Kucherov, as he will become the second most valuable fantasy asset out there. Granted, McDavid is the best player in this deal, but to put it bluntly - your team is actually worse.

Whatever, it's fantasy hockey. Having a stud like McDavid to cheer for will help with your continued time in the gutter.

Dobber Sports Initiate

On the first day of having McDavid in the fold, I was approached by another GM with an offer:

P. Kane, Draisaitl and Price
    for
    McDavid and Rinne

EEESHHHHHH!!!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Take it. Sick flip.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    McDavid 100pts

for

Kuch 80pts
    Hedman 50pts plus significant trade equity
    Mathews 70pts plus significant trade equity

This deal is significantly in favour of the Kuch side, just on points alone.

Losing Kucherov is significant, not only in points but in loss of a RW, the rarest of rare positions. Your loss of opportunity cost is even greater. With Kucherov, for example, you could have traded him away for his points + prospect + established player. In a keeper, the haul you paid for McDavid would have been equal to the haul you received for Kucherov, as he will become the second most valuable fantasy asset out there. Granted, McDavid is the best player in this deal, but to put it bluntly - your team is actually worse.

Whatever, it's fantasy hockey. Having a stud like McDavid to cheer for will help with your continued time in the gutter.
    Umm... You need to account for who he's going to fill the openings of Hedman and Matthews with. He won't keep two empty roster spots. That's going to level it out quite a bit. I also like McDavid to hit 110+ this year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    On the first day of having McDavid in the fold, I was approached by another GM with an offer:

P. Kane, Draisaitl and Price
    for
    McDavid and Rinne

EEESHHHHHH!!!!!
    You could create an argument that you'd still be getting the best player in the deal - Price. Not a fair question to ask, not totally anyway, but one that will often be posted is...

Would you have traded

Kucherov, Matthews, Hedman

for

Kane, Price and Draisaitl ??

Tempting, I must admit.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd probably take that deal as well. Really depends on if you want McDavid on your team or not.