Thread: Kane vs voracek

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kane vs voracek

Is it worth it to change kane for voracek save 4m and use that money to pick up cammy or kessler for depth at f?

Too risky? Its a keeper league so voracek would save me 4m this year and next and 2m the following year

Plus minus a big stat so that could make the diff to keep kane

Currently my 9 and 10 f are jt miller and larkin so cammy would replace them for this year but i can dump somoene else

Thanks

Wallbanger 67
    Wallbanger

F(9 Start - 82 games)- Matthews, Marner, Point, Barkov, Larkin, Raymond, Zadina Dennisenko, Farabee, Tolvannen, Palat, Mcann , Carter , Barre Boulet
    D(6 Start - 82 games)- Makar,Hughes, Seider, Dobson, Josi, Grelcyk
    G(1 start - 82 games)- Sorokin, Varly

12 Team Year long Pool- No hits
    Salary Cap - $88M
    23 man Roster - keep 13
    no farm
    ------------------------------------------------------

G=3, A=2, +/-=+1/-1, PIM=.2, SOG=.1
    W=4, L=-2, Save=.1, SO=5

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Kane vs voracek

Yes; Voracek is unquestionably elite and because you own Giroux it would give you what is currently the most formidable offensive pairing in the game; he will also provide you more PIM than Kane plus he is a tad younger at 27 while Kane just turned 28.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Star

I don't know much about salary cap leagues but Kane is much more valuable than Voracek.

Dobber Sports Superstar

with all due respect and I am not here to be a troll but so far this season Voracek is the better own; Kane is only better in plus minus and time on ice this year, Voracek scores more has better supporting cast and more lethal powerplay; his 81 point season was not a fluke he is elite. I am not saying he is Kane but right now I would rather own Jakub.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would do that because Kane's contract is very burdensome, and plus-minus is pretty dang random. Voracek will give you most of Kane's production for much cheaper. For 4 million, you can make some moves to upgrade in other areas, which should help you.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    with all due respect and I am not here to be a troll but so far this season Voracek is the better own; Kane is only better in plus minus and time on ice this year, Voracek scores more has better supporting cast and more lethal powerplay; his 81 point season was not a fluke he is elite. I am not saying he is Kane but right now I would rather own Jakub.
    Fair enough, nothing wrong with some good debate.

The way I see it, Voracek has only topped 70 points once in 8 seasons (not counting the shortened season where he very well may have topped 70).

Over their careers (635 games for Voracek and 688 for Kane), they have produced at the following rate:

Voracek: 59.3 points per 82 games.

Kane: 82.4 points per 82 games.

For the 3 most recent seasons:

Voracek: 68.5 points per 82 games.

Kane: 92.4 points per 82 games.

The posters league also values goals higher than assists. The most goals Voracek has ever scored in a season is 23. Kane has matched or exceeded that in all 8 of the previous seasons. Including seasons where he only played 48, 69 and 61 games!

Not even close. Yes, Voracek has had a couple good seasons and he looks to be in the midst of another one, but he has also shown he's capable of putting up stinkers like last season. He could be one of those guys who alternates good and bad years.

Maybe the salary gap is enough to tilt this toward Voracek, but he's no Patrick Kane. Not yet, anyway.

Dobber Sports Ace

If it is Kane/Hudler vs Voracek/Cammalleri, then I want Voracek.

But as forumname so excellently points out above, you are giving up an elite talent for a guy who is very good and has put that together for one great season (looking like this season will make two). Kane + Panarin are a lethal combination (better than Giroux/Voracek), and I do not see Chicago losing Panarin this off-season.

Additionally, you already own Giroux, so you are already influenced by Voracek. I like spreading my team out, and getting in on Chicago's top duo and Philly's top duo is better than only getting in on one, in my books.