Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Malkin for...NOTHING!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Malkin for...NOTHING!

In the absence of suspicion of collusion, this deal gets a free pass - as bad as it is. You just can\'t get involved in making management decisions for your GM\'s.

Dobber Sports Ace

Shoeless has hit the nail on the head. If you cannot prove collusion than in my book the trade goes through, no matter how bad it is. Talk of kicking a guy out of a league for making a boneheaded trade is jealousy talking.

Is the trade bad, yes in my book. Trying to peg prospect goalies are like trying to predict the weather in 72 hours.

That said, Ben brings up and interesting alternative position on the trade. I do think he is a little optimistic about 2 of the prospects possibly being #1s before the season is out. Should a couple of those guys pan out though...makes for an interesting trade to look back on in a few years.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Stud

I would veto the trade, and move on.
    10 team Dyn
    tavares rnh statsny
    AO benn
    kessel malkin
    ryan purcell
    green letang enstrom kulkov OEL ellis
    lundy ward varly bernier lehrner
    burmistrov hodgson michalek, ryan oreilly, turris okposo

16 team h2h
    Spezza, Tavares
    Vanek,doan
    malkin, eberle
    Doughty Letang, karlsson, weber
    hall
    green enstrom downie palmeiri kassain bogo
    lundy price pavelec

weiters fielder kipnis wright hanley braun upton upton maybin victorino goldschmidt
    kershaw, startsburg, greinke, bumgarner, price, neise, bret anderson
    valverde, hanrahan, aceves, reed, guerra, storen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

just to put some salt in the wound... the guy that traded all the prospect goalies has PRICE haha, how do you not demand him for malkin??? plus the rest of everything you own
    H2H Keeper League, 16 teams, finished 2nd

Crosby, Gagner, Connolly, Moller, Couture
    Hemsky, Okposo, Stafford, Radulov
    Filatov, Raymond, Macarthur, S Kostitsyn, Tlusty, A Kostitsyn
    Seabrook, Franson, Carle, Letang, Yandle
    Garon, Rolo, JDD, Anderson
    Farm:
    JvR,Soderberg, Backlund, Helenius, Neuvirth, Varlamov, Dubnyk, J Boychuk, Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Bad trade? Yes, certainly. Kick him out of the league for it? What are you smoking?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

I will have to trust Diamond Joe when he says this guy has a powerhouse team, but this guy won\'t have a powerhouse team for long if he keeps making trades like this. I don\'t understand why he had to throw in Boedker as well???

People can get to caught up in prospects...and the hardest prospects to predict are goalie prospects.

Even if ALL THREE of the goalie prospects become wicked goalies, it is still A BAD TRADE because he could have (and SHOULD HAVE) been able to get more.

I wouldn\'t veto this trade...but sorry ben...you can\'t defend this trade...it is absolutely horrible.
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

notoriousjim wrote:
    I would veto the trade, and move on.
    No no no.

Only veto trades if there is clear foul play involved (e.g., collusion). You can\'t veto a trade just because you think it\'s uneven.

That said, brutal deal for the Malkin side as everyone has already said.
    20 team H2H keeper. Keep 10. Now drafting...
    Start 2C, 2L, 2R, 2W, 2F, 4D, 1G daily
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG and W,GAA,SV%,SO

C: Getzlaf, Zetterberg, Mueller, Gerbe
    L: Parise, Elias, Prust, Pouliot
    R: Gaborik, Briere, Clarkson, Brouwer
    D: Weber, Yandle, E. Johnson, Zidlicky
    G: Howard, Gustavsson, Fasth

Farm: Toffoli, Tatar, Lehner, Josi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

this trade isn\'t as bad as everyone keeps saying....and the guys from this league need to wake up...were talking about a guy with a powerhouse team with firepower to spare. Add to that that he has NO goalies...toskala looks to get 3/4 of the leafs wins...so a total of 8....and legace is on his way out. Noone in the league is gonna trade this guy a great starting goalie..cause it locks up the win for him for the next few years. He trades malkin...for briere...which isn\'t a HUGE loss...30-35 points. he\'s already avg 100 more points outta his top 6 than anyone else in the league. his ONLY weakness is his goalies. He\'s getting 3 top G prospects. he trades boedker, but gets a first round pick... I really think that from an outside opinion..this trade looks bad...but in context it\'s a good trade for him. personally...I thought he was giving up the first round pick too...not getting it..and I still thought it was iffy...I personally wouldn\'t do this from the other side...he\'s losing for the next couple years...but in 2-3 yrs if those goalies get starting jobs...then he wins this trade. in this league goalies are such a premium that I think he coulda got more for those 3 prospects if he waited a yr...and that he\'s selling those goalies now while they\'re cheap..instead of waiting till he can get true value for them. Kicking a guy out??? jealous of his team much? Vetoing the trade??? there\'s no collusion here...the guy NEEDED goalies deperately... you can\'t veto a trade cause you don\'t like it...that\'s BS.... jealous of his trade much???
    Limited Keeper ROTO pool, 10 teams. start full line up
    keep 2C 2L 2R 3D 1G (keepers in caps)
    G A P +/- PIM PPG PPA PPP SOG GWG
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO
    no max games, must have minimum 6 Dmen on roster

E. STAAL, H SEDIN, Lehtera, stepan, vermette (lw)
    D SEDIN, SHARP (c), semin (rw), doan (rw), Johansson (c)
    BACKES (c) KESLER (c), eberle, clowe (lw), grabovski (c,lw)
    SUTER, PHANEUF, GOLIGOSKI, shattenkirk, markov, boychuk, enstrom
    SCHNEIDER, bishop, S. mason, reimer, berra

Dobber Sports Sage

hagarty wrote:
    this trade isn\'t as bad as everyone keeps saying....and the guys from this league need to wake up...were talking about a guy with a powerhouse team with firepower to spare. Add to that that he has NO goalies...toskala looks to get 3/4 of the leafs wins...so a total of 8....and legace is on his way out. Noone in the league is gonna trade this guy a great starting goalie..cause it locks up the win for him for the next few years. He trades malkin...for briere...which isn\'t a HUGE loss...30-35 points. he\'s already avg 100 more points outta his top 6 than anyone else in the league. his ONLY weakness is his goalies. He\'s getting 3 top G prospects. he trades boedker, but gets a first round pick... I really think that from an outside opinion..this trade looks bad...but in context it\'s a good trade for him. personally...I thought he was giving up the first round pick too...not getting it..and I still thought it was iffy...I personally wouldn\'t do this from the other side...he\'s losing for the next couple years...but in 2-3 yrs if those goalies get starting jobs...then he wins this trade. in this league goalies are such a premium that I think he coulda got more for those 3 prospects if he waited a yr...and that he\'s selling those goalies now while they\'re cheap..instead of waiting till he can get true value for them. Kicking a guy out??? jealous of his team much? Vetoing the trade??? there\'s no collusion here...the guy NEEDED goalies deperately... you can\'t veto a trade cause you don\'t like it...that\'s BS.... jealous of his trade much???

amen.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Stud

Once again.

You can\'t defend this trade at all.

Even if actual starting goaltenders are valuable...he did not get one starter...he got 3 prospects.

I remember one Hannu Toivonen was a can\'t miss prospect goalie...ummmm...where is he now???

As commissioner, Diamond Joe knows his league better than us and he is thinking veto!

I am in a 14-team; 26 player league, where goalies are a premium...and Malkin would nab you two starters!!

Sorry, you don\'t trade the 3rd best player in the league for prospects...that is just insane!
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Expert

BrianSTC wrote:
    Once again.

Even if actual starting goaltenders are valuable...he did not get one starter...he got 3 prospects.

I remember one Hannu Toivonen was a can\'t miss prospect goalie...ummmm...where is he now???

As commissioner, Diamond Joe knows his league better than us and he is thinking veto!

I am in a 14-team; 26 player league, where goalies are a premium...and Malkin would nab you two starters!!

Sorry, you don\'t trade the 3rd best player in the league for prospects...that is just insane!
    would you play in a league where trades were vetoed bc someone thought they weren\'t \'fair\'? i would quit that league in a second.

I\'ve been a commish for a few years now, and I think the most memorable veto I had to make was when a dude traded some satellite equipment for fantasy players.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I agree completely with repenttokyo. Vetoes should ONLY be used when cheating or \"innovation\" (such as trading satellite equipment lol) is involved. People WILL make stupid trades. Let them happen. Don\'t veto trades just because you\'re jealous. I would leave a league in two seconds flat if that happened.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

repenttokyo wrote:
    BrianSTC wrote:
    Once again.

would you play in a league where trades were vetoed bc someone thought they weren\'t \'fair\'? i would quit that league in a second.

I\'ve been a commish for a few years now, and I think the most memorable veto I had to make was when a dude traded some satellite equipment for fantasy players.
    LOL that\'s pretty awesome. Nah, I won\'t veto the trade. At first I was thinking collusion but then a bunch of the league told the Malkin side what they thought and now he\'s going \"oh shit..\" but he\'s that kinda guy. It DOES take power away a bit, but without a solid goalie he won\'t win, plain and simple. Still I wish I had known Malkin was for sale in all this!
    16 team H2H Dynasty G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIMS, SV%, GAA, W, Saves

C: Tavares, Krejci, Brassard, Turris, Grabovski, O'Reilly
    LW: Nash, Mueller, Kulemin, Pacioretty, Caputi, Gerbe
    RW: Perry, Hudler, Skinner, Brouwer, Ryder, Simmonds, Boll
    D: Weber, Kaberle, Stralman, Del Zotto, Schenn, Meszaros

G: Price, Bryzgalov, Schneider, Allen, Holtby, Harding

Russia: Grebeshkov

Dobber Sports Stud

repenttokyo wrote:

If you read my first post, I stated that I wouldn\'t veto this trade.

However, that doesn\'t mean I can\'t express my opinion that it is still a dumb trade!

If any of these goalies become starters, they are all AT LEAST two years away. So if he can\'t win without goaltending...he is going to continue to lose for the next two years.

I think it was a panic trade and as such, a bad trade.

Diamond Joe, what would you have given up for Malkin out of curiousity?
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Novice

If this was the end of the season, and the other owner was tanking in the season I would wonder what kind of glue he was on. But this is the start of the season and he has a solid team, but needs to solidify his future you can\'t hold that against him. If this is a keeper league, it is staying competitive for the long haul, not the short haul. Just giving my two cents, not that I would do that trade, he has balls.
    C- Krejci, S. Koivu, J. Carter, Turris and Fisher
    LW- Hartnell, VanRiemsdyk, McDonald, Perron, Sequin and Paajarvi
    RW- Horton, Leino, Dupuis, Hornquist and Setoguchi
    D- Timonen, Campbell, Carlson, Franson, Hjmarsson, Gilroy and Poti
    G- Bernier and Neuvirth

15 team Keeper League - 25 players, 22 mil. Salary Cap
    36 category point system for points, goals, assits, +/-, avg, save% and etc.