Thread: Possible trade options

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Possible trade options

Hey guys,

I'm trying to position myself for next year, I'm not a contender this year..
    For team 1, choose 2 out of the following trades.. I want to them all anyways, I just want to prioritize the 2 I'll do in December and the other 2 in January:

1) Drop Haula, add Guentzel
    2) Drop Krug (he's too expensive), add Sergachev
    3) Drop Yandle (he's too expensive), add Honka
    4) Drop Mrazek, add Vasilevskiy
    5) Drop R.Smith, add Scheifele (I can push to January if Gaudreau is out till then)
    6) Drop Virtanen, add Mantha

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Possible trade options

4 & 5... Scheifele is worth cap headaches.
    Vasil is creeping up starts on Bishop - This one depends on your other Goalies though as well, you don't want to strip down to a platoon #1G.

1, & 3 - you're jumping on game 1 hype.. Although dropping Haula isn't a significant drop to Guentzel. Not sold on Honka performing THIS year at a sustainable enough clip. but I like that one as 3rd best option.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    4 & 5... Scheifele is worth cap headaches.
    Vasil is creeping up starts on Bishop - This one depends on your other Goalies though as well, you don't want to strip down to a platoon #1G.

1, & 3 - you're jumping on game 1 hype.. Although dropping Haula isn't a significant drop to Guentzel. Not sold on Honka performing THIS year at a sustainable enough clip. but I like that one as 3rd best option.
    Its all for next year

For goalies, I own Murray, but Mrazek isn't cutting it for me

Dobber Sports Apprentice

4 and 5 in december, 3 and 2(if you need cap help, if not keep krug) in january
    Multi-Cat League G,A,P, PIMS,HITS,BLKS, SOG, PPP, GAA, Sv%, Wins
    15 Team Dynasty Salary cap league using AAV
    Active: 12 FWDS 6 Defence 2 Goalies
    Bench: 5
    Farm: 10

F: Larkin, Zibanejad, Gaudreau, Tavares, Laine, Lafreniere, Suzuki, Dach, Comtois, Glass, Zadina, Villardi, Mittlestadt, Virtanen, Saad
    D: Chychrun, Sergachev, Dumba, Ty Smith, OEL, Dermott, Brodie
    G:Rittich, Quick, Cal Petersen, Desmith

Farm: Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Podkolzin, Gunler, Drysdale, Byram, Askarov, Ukko-pekka Lukkonen, Dustin Wolf

2021 rookie Draft:: 4 1st rd picks

2022 draft: 6 1st rd picks

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to position myself for next year, I'm not a contender this year..
    For team 1, choose 2 out of the following trades.. I want to them all anyways, I just want to prioritize the 2 I'll do in December and the other 2 in January:

1) Drop Haula, add Guentzel
    2) Drop Krug (he's too expensive), add Sergachev
    3) Drop Yandle (he's too expensive), add Honka
    4) Drop Mrazek, add Vasilevskiy
    5) Drop R.Smith, add Scheifele (I can push to January if Gaudreau is out till then)
    6) Drop Virtanen, add Mantha

Thanks!
    Do you have to add/drop at same positions? If not, there is no way I drop Mrazek.

Adding Scheifele is a must-do, so #5 is first.
    Adding Vasilevskiy is next, but I'd drop Haula if you could there.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Do you have to add/drop at same positions? If not, there is no way I drop Mrazek.

Adding Scheifele is a must-do, so #5 is first.
    Adding Vasilevskiy is next, but I'd drop Haula if you could there.
    I can't drop Haula for Vas.. it's either Mrazek or Vas.. but why would I keep Mrazek? Isn't Vas a much better option next year?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post
    I can't drop Haula for Vas.. it's either Mrazek or Vas.. but why would I keep Mrazek? Isn't Vas a much better option next year?
    Vasilevskiy is irrelevant to what I wrote, you could be picking up Price, Holtby, a time-traveling Hasek, etc. I was simply asking if you had to drop a goalie to add a goalie, because Mrazek >>> Haula. Now that I see you have strict roster limits in your signature, then that move is one I would make as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Get Scheifele at any and all cost!!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Get Scheifele at any and all cost!!
    This is where some people don't get the value of certain players in my particular setup.. 7 teams with 73m cap leaves a lot of good players available at all times which makes Scheifele much less valuable than you might think.

I will do that trade though
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)

Seeing the 10 points per million figure thrown around a lot out here, Scheifele is exceeding that now, and did last year as well. If it's salary, and not cap hit, he's even better. Of course, with so few teams in your league, there will be a ton of guys on the wire who have value, but Scheifele seems like one who should have excess value of the life of his contract.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Seeing the 10 points per million figure thrown around a lot out here, Scheifele is exceeding that now, and did last year as well. If it's salary, and not cap hit, he's even better. Of course, with so few teams in your league, there will be a ton of guys on the wire who have value, but Scheifele seems like one who should have excess value of the life of his contract.
    I would say that for a player 6m + , that the figure should be closer to 12-13 points per million in my league

Which of course Scheifele seems to be headed for.
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]