Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Trump's Message to Americans

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Trump's Message to Americans

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    As long as your not in the stock market now, you are correct.
    i am in the stock market now and its only a good thing for me if the market goes down. it means i can buy more for cheaper.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There's been market doom and gloom since the 30's. A week before the election, there were predictions with a Trump, markets would immediately tank. Not the case at all - The markets seem to love Trump - highest levels to date. Bonds are getting their asses kicked, expect higher interest rates ext year as a result.

He's a marketer, don't forget. He's communicating through YouTube and Twitter because he doesn't trust the press. Every media magnet attended a meeting hosted by Trump and they all got their asses handed to them for unfairly representing him during the election - this is unprecedented stuff. All presidents have cowered to the media in the past.

He's definitely bringing changes with him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Be prepared Canada, your population may double!!!! This much I can guarantee. The stock market will take a big hit after the first of the year. Mainly because trickle down economics does not work. Re read your history books.

Trump at some point will get impeached. He will not make four years.

This is what happens when you do not take elections seriously.
    This is what happens when you watch too much TV...

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    There's been market doom and gloom since the 30's. A week before the election, there were predictions with a Trump, markets would immediately tank. Not the case at all - The markets seem to love Trump - highest levels to date. Bonds are getting their asses kicked, expect higher interest rates ext year as a result.

He's a marketer, don't forget. He's communicating through YouTube and Twitter because he doesn't trust the press. Every media magnet attended a meeting hosted by Trump and they all got their asses handed to them for unfairly representing him during the election - this is unprecedented stuff. All presidents have cowered to the media in the past.

Why should the markets care at this point? He is not even in power yet and any changes he enacts will take time to implement. If his ideas about running the country are anything like the way he runs his companies, America and the markets are in deep trouble. All marketing and no substance. Sums Donald up pretty well. Smoke and mirrors. After insisting he would never settle a lawsuit, especially when he is 'not guilty', he promptly settled his Trump University fraud case for 25 million dollars. Let the games begin. Once a fraud always a fraud.

As for the media's 'unfair representation', argument all I can say is give me a break. How is it unfair to report the things a person says and does? We have access to film and audio of almost all of his most of his damning atrocities for all to see. The media didn't have to lift a finger to make Donald look like an embarrassment of a human being. He managed to expose that side of himself just fine on his own.

Simply roll the audio and footage of him scoffing about how his 'fame' gives him the right to grab woman's crotches with impunity. Please. The president of the United States joking about how he can assault women at his whim and remarkably there are people who still defend him. As if the media had to give this and many other things a spin to make 'The Donald' look bad. Mocking a disabled reporter? Check. Insinuating that a judge of Mexican heritage could not uphold his oath to be impartial? Check. Didn't pay any tax for 20 years and, 'that makes him smart'? Check. And on and on and on...

I will agree with you on one thing Run!, change is coming. I don't think it is the changes you are hoping for though. Run!.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post

trump is the thinnest skinned president in existence. he gets whiny and pouty whenever people don't suck up to him and slings verbal arrows at everyone else. trump trusts the press as long as they are willing to shine his turds. the usa is being run by a huge man baby right now and half the country loves it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    Why should the markets care at this point? He is not even in power yet and any changes he enacts will take time to implement. If his ideas about running the country are anything like the way he runs his companies, America and the markets are in deep trouble. All marketing and no substance. Sums Donald up pretty well. Smoke and mirrors. After insisting he would never settle a lawsuit, especially when he is 'not guilty', he promptly settled his Trump University fraud case for 25 million dollars. Let the games begin. Once a fraud always a fraud.

As for the media's 'unfair representation', argument all I can say is give me a break. How is it unfair to report the things a person says and does? We have access to film and audio of almost all of his most of his damning atrocities for all to see. The media didn't have to lift a finger to make Donald look like an embarrassment of a human being. He managed to expose that side of himself just fine on his own.

Simply roll the audio and footage of him scoffing about how his 'fame' gives him the right to grab woman's crotches with impunity. Please. The president of the United States joking about how he can assault women at his whim and remarkably there are people who still defend him. As if the media had to give this and many other things a spin to make 'The Donald' look bad. Mocking a disabled reporter? Check. Insinuating that a judge of Mexican heritage could not uphold his oath to be impartial? Check. Didn't pay any tax for 20 years and, 'that makes him smart'? Check. And on and on and on...

I will agree with you on one thing Run!, change is coming. I don't think it is the changes you are hoping for though. Run!.
    the thing is that this is just a new version of corruption and grossness in office. typically its much less overt in nature but to think that the crazy people that have been in place over the years have been better individuals is laughable. politicians are almost all disgusting people. the more i have been forced to interact with these people the clearer it becomes. donalds version of disgusting is just a new version that we have not seen yet but is totally supported by vast numbers of americans. there are some exceptions to politicians being horrible people. elizabeth may in canada comes to mind. a really fine person. shes crazy mind you and believes things like wifi harming you, but shes a pretty great person. thats why she will never get elected. you have to be a piece of shit to get elected. thats just the way it is.

Dobber Sports Ninja

One thing that's indisputable is that Trump is definitely not an idiot.

You don't accumulate a net worth of $4B by being an idiot...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    trump is the thinnest skinned president in existence. he gets whiny and pouty whenever people don't suck up to him and slings verbal arrows at everyone else. trump trusts the press as long as they are willing to shine his turds. the usa is being run by a huge man baby right now and half the country loves it.
    I do agree with this.

He really needs to close his Twitter account too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    Why should the markets care at this point? He is not even in power yet and any changes he enacts will take time to implement. If his ideas about running the country are anything like the way he runs his companies, America and the markets are in deep trouble. All marketing and no substance. Sums Donald up pretty well. Smoke and mirrors. After insisting he would never settle a lawsuit, especially when he is 'not guilty', he promptly settled his Trump University fraud case for 25 million dollars. Let the games begin. Once a fraud always a fraud. ...
    Well, basically because they're in the business of prognostication, just as we are here. Much of what Trump is preaching would be considered "Wall Street-friendly", e.g. the tax decreases, smaller government, deregulation, etc.

So that's why they would care now - Wall Street is basically bullish on Trump at the moment. Whether or not that lasts a hundred days or so in is anyone's guess at this point.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Apprentice

do you think that his strategy of bankrupting his businesses will work for the united states?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I do agree with this.

He really needs to close his Twitter account too.
    Ha! I seriously doubt that will happen. Trump considers Twitter an invaluable propaganda tool.

It allows him to basically say whatever he wants, however disconnected from reality it may be.

If there's one lesson we all should have learned from this election, its this -> it doesn't matter whether the claim is credible or factual or whatever, its whether or not the audience perceives it to be true.

Pretty f-ed up, I know, but there it is.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

do you think that his strategy of bankrupting his businesses will work for the united states?
    If you're asking me? Probably not. But the answer to that depends on whether or not his method of running his businesses will even come into play here. That's not necessarily a given.

The real question is whether or not he can function effectively in this new environment he finds himself in now. Whether he can work and play well with others. That is what effective Presidents tend to excel at.

RETIRED

Banned

Be prepared Canada, your population may double!!!! This much I can guarantee. The stock market will take a big hit after the first of the year. Mainly because trickle down economics does not work. Re read your history books.

Trump at some point will get impeached. He will not make four years.

The republicans will have an opportunity to get things done, but they will blow it.

I do like the term limits, and the anti lobbying he has been talking about. We will see.

This is what happens when you do not take elections seriously. Elections do have consequences.
    Can I borrow your crystal ball?

This is what we call "timing the market" and it never works.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    If there's one lesson we all should have learned from this election, its this -> it doesn't matter whether the claim is credible or factual or whatever, its whether or not the audience perceives it to be true.
    incredibly disturbing and very true. i also think we are watching the beginning of the end of the usa as the so called leader of the free world. hope youre all brushing up on your mandarin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    If you're asking me? Probably not. But the answer to that depends on whether or not his method of running his businesses will even come into play here. That's not necessarily a given.

The real question is whether or not he can function effectively in this new environment he finds himself in now. Whether he can work and play well with others. That is what effective Presidents tend to excel at.
    i have seen nothing that indicates he wont behave as president exactly as he always does. brash arrogant annoying insulting and a total disaster.

Banned

incredibly disturbing and very true. i also think we are watching the beginning of the end of the usa as the so called leader of the free world. hope youre all brushing up on your mandarin

- - - Updated - - -

i have seen nothing that indicates he wont behave as president exactly as he always does. brash arrogant annoying insulting and a total disaster.
    Reminds me of our current PM