Thread: Cap problems: Drop Toews for Nash or H. Sedin?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Cap problems: Drop Toews for Nash or H. Sedin?

More than likely just a one year - if that - solution given I have a lot of young talent that are going to get raises next year. I'm thinking about dropping Toews to open up some cap room, just really only need to drop 700k in salary. So I could keep Toews and drop Carter Hutton, Lablanc, or Guentzel. My other goalies are Schneider and Lundqvist. Have to hit 120 goalie starts for the season.

16 team, start 20 players, full keeper. 2 points for goals, 1 for A, PPA, PPG. 4 for goalie win. NHL Cap numbers.

Thanks for the help!
    16 team, start 20 players, full keeper. 2 points for goals, 1 for A, PPA, PPG. 4 for goalie win. NHL Cap numbers.

C: McDavid, Kadri, Couturier, Marner
    W: E. Lindholm, W. Nylander, N. Ritchie, Silfverberg, Teravainen, JVR, Puljujarvi, S. Reinhart
    D: OEL, Fowler, Gardiner, Hamilton, Matheson, Reilly
    G: Lundqvist, Schneider, Hutton
    Bench: Guentzel, Leblanc

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Cap problems: Drop Toews for Nash or H. Sedin?

Sadly, at $10.5M, dropping Toews in almost any salary cap roto league is a no-brainer. Patrick Kane, as long as her continues to perform at a high level (aka lead the league in scoring), room can always be made.

In your case, you can better spread your money around by turning Toews into 2 or 3 productive players within that $10.5M cap hit. This is why I detest cap leagues.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I agree, so Sedin or Nash?

W: E. Lindholm, W. Nylander, N. Ritchie, Silfverberg, Teravainen, JVR, Puljujarvi, S. Reinhart

Dobber Sports Titan

Are there any options that offer a better return on investment than Nash/Sedin?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

My sentiment - what else is out there?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thats pretty much it for top quality guys. Next tier you get into Thornton, Hanzal, Brouwer, Pietro, Yandle, Seabrook, and Doughty.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by klingsor2 View Post
    Thats pretty much it for top quality guys. Next tier you get into Thornton, Hanzal, Brouwer, Pietro, Yandle, Seabrook, and Doughty.
    Thornton seems pretty similar to Sedin/Nash to me. Since this isn't the league in your sig, a roster list with roster start info would help. Value of D versus F, etc.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Thornton and Brouwer stand out to me as the best options. Brouwer isn't too expensive either.
    Yandle would also make a nice upgrade over EJ if you can make the room.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Updated my sig with the current team...Thanks again for the help. Rep sent. Ended up picking up Sedin just for now to get compliant with the cap and didn't have to use a waiver claim. Still leaning towards Nash....?