Thread: Ekman-Larsson for Sean Monahan and Goalie posturing

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Ekman-Larsson for Sean Monahan and Goalie posturing

I've been offered Monahan for Ekman-Larsson. What do you think?

Keeper League w/ 8 keepers. 10 teams w/ rosters of 25. 3 goalie max. My keepers are in bold below.

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, Shutouts

C: Stamkos - IR, Getslaf, Stastny, Koivu, Anisimov, Adam Lowry
    LW: Panarin, van Riemsdyk, Schenn, Steen-IR, Kunitz - IR, Sharp
    RW: Kessel, Palmieri, Jagr, Pastrnak, Bobby Ryan - IR, Eaves
    D: Ekman-Larsson, Weber, Vlasic, Fowler, Markov, Severson
    G: Holtby, Luongo, Varlomov
    Temps: Ferland, Ian Cole, Eaves

Problem: Log Jam at wing and lack of quality centers.

My thoughts: Ekman-Larsson will be regressing this year again and the rebuild/build (lets face it AZ has always been bad) in Arizona is not looking good... Larsson's consistently been getting fewer points and has weak peripheral stats to buoy his value. The forward talent in front of him is simply not good enough and not getting any better anytime soon (May change w/ D. Strome... may not). I like Monahan, but not enough to label him as a keeper, I'd rather keep van Riemsdyk as a keeper if I got Monahan. Meaning I'd be exchanging a keeper for a rental. I don't like that. Getslaf is not necessarily a keeper either but I still expect him to perform well. Am I right here?

N. Zeitsev is on the wire in my league and I like him more than Severson, great peripherals and is looking really good on Toronto 2nd PP (I bet he takes Gardiner's spot by year end). Severson is definitely the man now, and not tomorrow... value is down w/ Hall out for a few weeks. I grew up in the Detroit area playing hockey, and have now lived in Chicago for 10 years now. I've been very fortunate to see amazing hockey my whole life and I know a little bit about Babcock. Toronto is the real deal. Matthews = young Toews; Nylander/Marner = young Kane; Zeitsev = young Duncan Keith. van Riemsdyk = Patrick Sharp. The pieces are there and the coach. I have no doubt Tdot will be back w/ a vengeance in 2+ years.

I can't come up w/ a deal that makes sense. In a perfect world I'd like to pair Steen/Sharp/Palmieri w/ Severson/Markov/Vlasic for a good Center and then scoop Zeitsev off the wire. All the above players are slumping so I'm in a sell low scenario I believe, but I don't care really... I would like to find a 2-1 deal for a 60 point center. Am I asking too much?

Random Goalie issue: W/ Varly not being very good so far and Elliott (now available) also not being very good so far... who is the better to hold?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Ekman-Larsson for Sean Monahan and Goalie posturing

selling low on OEL which is what you are doing IMO is not a good idea, and what regression? he has gotten better every year in the NHL and sure Arizona is struggling to score but I doubt it lasts all year, and since when is a team with Domi, Strome, Dvorak, Samuelsson, Duclair, Crouse, and Dauphin not having a good rebuild going on just wont see the peak till next year will you really see what they can.(alot like the leafs this year IMO)
    I've been trying to shop OEL for a top goalie but I'm holding out until I get the best possible deal since he will be a 20 goal 50+(possible 60 if the offense will be as good as I think) defense every year and that's hard to replace
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't know why your outlook on OEL is so bleak. He is one of the best fantasy assets in the game. With your categories, hold OEL.

Also I would take Elliott. He's more sure of retaining his starter's job.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for walking me off the ledge haha... OEL stays

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I got the exact offer of Monahan for my OEL and refused it. Was suggested to reach out for a player with 70+ points and finally traded him for Backstrom from Washington.