Thread: a few d men

Dobber Sports Novice

Default a few d men

goals worth 1, assists 0.5 nothing else matters.

looking for the 83rd/84 picks in our fantasy draft. So far have nabbed Oshie, Brassard, Frolik, Tlusty, T. Lewis and C. Murphy.

Looking for a 2nd man so my questions are who has the highest upside, who is most likely to hit it, when will they hit it?

Ivan Vishnevskiy
    Chad Denny
    Alex Biega
    Taylor Chorney
    Tobias Enstrom
    Keaton Ellerby
    Jamie McBain
    Teemu Laakso

Thanks in advance

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re:a few d men

Biega has the most upside out of the bunch. He put up very impressive numbers as a freshman. He is small, but thick and can skate like the wind. He also possesses excellent offensive intangibles. I think he will play atleast 2 more years of NCAA, however depending on how he develops he could reach the big leagues in 2-4 years. This kids value is gonna skyrocket.

Denny is another intriguing pick. He could get a nice amount of goals if he is used on the PP. He has a feared shot, the hardest in the Q. He is very big and strong with decent offensive abilites.

McBain is gonna hit the NHL sooner then later. He was a very nice pick by the Canes and is looking like a steal. He has nice offensive upside, i think he will play 2 more years of NCAA if he only plays 1, he will likely play a year in the AHL aswell.

Chorney was a stud last season on North Dakota\'s blue line. Argubly the best defensement for them. He is much better then Lee and outperformed him at the WJC. I think he will turn pro early, much like Cogliano. He is behind a very solid Edmonton defense which will be tough to crack, especially on the PP.

Those 4 are your best bet. I have my doubts on the rest. I don\'t think any of the rest will be regular NHLers except for Ellerby, who will be used in a defensive/depth role.