Thread: Looking for a decent cell phone headphones. Rep!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Looking for a decent cell phone headphones. Rep!

I have recently accepted a job which will require me to spend several hour per week on public transit in commute. I am looking at good headphone recommendations to listen to music on this commute.

I use an iPhone 6 Plus. I would prefer something wireless or blue tooth. I live in Canada. I am ok to spend a decent amount of money on it, but would prefer to not spend more than $300 Canadian. I prefer something that isn't full headphone size. My priorities would be sound quality and comfort. Battery life is not hugely important. I know that Beats and Bose tend to put out decent quality products, but they tend to be overpriced. I am fine purchasing either of those, as long as it's a good product. I am also aware that Black Friday in Canada is on Friday (Is it this Friday in the US as well?), so this will give me an opportunity to get a discounted price.

So, thoughts? I will rep!

Thanks,
    Rylant

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Looking for a decent cell phone headphones. Rep!

Hey Rylant, I got a pair of Monster iSport wireless headphones a while back and I'm pretty satisfied as the sound is good, they pair well, they are sweat proof and the mic is clear:

Monster iSport Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones, Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00OLT54Q6/..._PLonyb6RXWXFY

I don't get the negative reviews but the positive ones tell it like it is so focus on them. If not, I know there's a high-end version of them (will look for a link) but not sure it's worth spending the extra $$$ as the iSports are solid IMO.

I'll try and see if I can think of other models/brands.

UPDATE: Here is the high-end model
    Monster ROC Sport SuperSlim Wireless In-Ear Headphones https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0163SVHZY/..._rVonybZJ59KDM

Other than Bose and Beats, I'm not too familiar with high-end brands.

If you ever decide to go with a cheap version, my wife has these:
    SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones In-Ear Sports Earbuds Secure Fit Wireless Earphones with Mic (6 Hours Play Time, Bluetooth 4.1, aptX, Sweatproof) - Q15 Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01H6IECPW/..._GZonybC2GXD5Y

They are pretty good and the price is great but I like the fit of the Monsters more.

Hope this helps
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

I need to figure this out as well with Black Friday this week

Hey B, I have been using a pair of wired headphones from Skullcandy for my workouts and have been very happy with them. Good sound, bass, etc...

I am now looking into wireless from the same brand. Not as high-end as say Bose, right around 150-70 range US dollars. Been very happy with the quality relative to cost.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

One of my best friends has a set by mpow. He says the ones with the wrap around ear pieces are the best to keep them in. He's a software engineer too, so he knows a fair bit about these kind of things.
    I can't vouch for them personally, but I figured I would share the opinion.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)