Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Marner or Tatar?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Marner or Tatar?

These old threads also prove that none of us own a crystal ball and that we give advice to the best of our knowledge most of the time, based on what we know, see and read.

I am sure we can all go back to old threads and find advice we gave and go , what the hell was I thinking there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

..nevermind..its been answered and debated and insults have been thrown...and its an old thread (jeez?)
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Ace

I see the bickering teenage girl arguments have made their way to this thread.
    Maybe it's the anonymity of the internet that allows you guys to feel no shame, but really, you should be embarrassed.
    It's embarrassing. For the community too.
    Embarrassing.
    Emotionally driven arguments, saying things that you may not even believe, but saying them to try to get the other side as whiny and pissy as you're feeling, making yourselfs look like complete fools the whole way.

And no, it's not just Ev.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    Maybe it's the anonymity of the internet that allows you guys to feel no shame, but really, you should be embarrassed.
    Embarrassing.
    Emotionally driven arguments, saying things that you may not even believe, but saying them to try to get the other side as whiny and pissy as you're feeling, making yourselfs look like complete fools the whole way.

fair enough. Since this had been refreshed yesterday and the Tank-Marner thread was created yesterday, I thought inputing that comparison shows how fast Marner progressed this season, beyond many peoples expectations. But I think it also points out, probably even moreso just how gawd-awful of a season Tatar has had. I don't think anyone could have predicted him under 40pts this season. Had he shown up at all, the initial comparison wouldn't look so glaringly bad.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Oh yeah. On the front, Tatar's regression or rather lack of further development sight me off guard. I expected quite a bit more. He was a main cog in trade which saw me move Mack. Bad deal. Lol.

At the time, I'm sure I would've ranked Tatar ahead of Marner too. Proven NHLer type of thing, and I always am a little sceptical of undersized players. Maybe not sceptical of them becomes my pro players, but that their crazy JR numbers would translate so easy.

Dobber Sports Pro

At the time, I'm sure I would've ranked Tatar ahead of Marner too. Proven NHLer type of thing, and I always am a little sceptical of undersized players. Maybe not sceptical of them becomes my pro players, but that their crazy JR numbers would translate so easy.
    I am starting to learn to be less skeptical of rookies, even small ones, when they very obviously have a high skill level. In the past couple years it seems like on a regular basis high skill rookies and second year players are elevating their games and becoming very fantasy relevant in short order. Might be an anomaly that will go away, or it might be a trend that young players these days are just better at adapting to the NHL game more quickly.

The Great One

Embarrassing.

Not sure what you're talking about.

Which comments are 'teenage girl arguments'?

Dobber Sports Ace

Really?

I wouldn't even waste my time then if it's not apparent here (or in this little back and forth these opposing fan bases have).

Maybe I'm wrong. What I'll do is show this and other similar emotionaly driven hissy fits to a bunch of friends and co-works and simply ask - these folks arguing...male or female?

I'd bet most would think it's a bunch of women having by an emotionally driven, fact voided argument
    If it really needs to be pointed out (after already being by pointed out), it will simply never get through to some.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Is it really necessary to re-hash old threads? We've all made predictions that don't pan out.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't want to spin this too far out of control but I think the most offensive thing on this thread is the assertion that emotionally driven, fact voided arguments are something exclusive to women. We seem to be veering off course here pretty hard but maybe keep your prejudicial statements regarding gender to yourself.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

The Great One

It's already been pointed out in here?

Damn, I guess Im missing something?

If you're going to post that we're bickering like teenage girls and someone asks you for specific posts and you 'don't want to waste your time if it's not apparent'........?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Is it really necessary to re-hash old threads? We've all made predictions that don't pan out.
    If we don't go back and look at our errors we will never learn from them.

This is the way I learn the best, actually.

Dobber Sports Ace

It's not about rehashing old threads. Of course everyone has been right and wrong over the years. Imagine being so sad and pathetic to the level where you wait for a prediction that one of your nemesis got wrong, going through s arches and then rehashing.

It's pure diva actions. Bunch of divas in here. Anyone can spin it however they'd like, but that's just pure inescapable fact. Bunch of divas.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Sidenown View Post
    I don't want to spin this too far out of control but I think the most offensive thing on this thread is the assertion that emotionally driven, fact voided arguments are something exclusive to women. We seem to be veering off course here pretty hard but maybe keep your prejudicial statements regarding gender to yourself.
    I was going to mention this.

But just another can of worms to open.

Dobber Sports Ace

I do agree that is a sexist comment. I admit it. I wonder how stupid I'd look to deny it. Probably just as stupid as acting like a woman but denying it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I was going to mention this.

But just another can of worms to open.

This thread is getting more entertaining by the minute.

I also enjoy car crashes and ship wrecks.