Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Marner or Tatar?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Marner or Tatar?

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Not a move I would have made. Kadri will otuproduce marner no question.
    Stick to projecting your precious Sens. No idea what you've been watching but Marner continues to be the best player and play maker on the ice game after game.

To the OP... I still would have flipped Tatar for Marner but the key is that you landed Marner. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Dobber Sports Stud

Marner again
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%

3C: A.Barkov, S.Bennett, V.Trocheck, W.Karlsson, J.Eriksson Ek, J.McCann, P.Danault, T.Johnson
    3LW: A.Ovechkin, A.Svechnikov, T.Toffoli, V.Arvidsson
    3RW: P.Kane, B.Wheeler, B.Rust
    5D: R.Josi, J.Chychrun, M.Weegar, T.Chabot, R.Dahlin, R.Ristolainen, C.Murphy
    2G: F.Andersen, J.Binnington, C.Peterson
    2IR+: N.Bäckström

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Stick to projecting your precious Sens. No idea what you've been watching but Marner continues to be the best player and play maker on the ice game after game.

To the OP... I still would have flipped Tatar for Marner but the key is that you landed Marner. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    It's November 18. Kadri will outprocude him no matter how good he looks now. He's getting sheltered and playing ove his head. Like Matthews's he'll hit his wall.

Dobber Sports Titan

Not saying Marner will be a 77pt forward, but I do think he’ll likely slow down I’m assuming just based on his size and endurance level of young guys not being there. But to not consider Marner a top end prospect is silly. He’s likely to out produce Matthews or if he doesn’t its going to be super close.

Kadri won’t easily out produce Marner I think. Kadri is getting the difficult matchup every night and that’s his role. He’s there to shut down the top center on the other team. Marner being sheltered is only on line matching. He’s at a 57/43 OzS/DzS which is pretty freaking close for a rookie.

I was worried about Marner and his size when coming into the NHL, and especially his first few games he seemed to be flailing around the ice a bit. Now he’s more in check, knows how to absorb hits, uses his speed and agility to negate defenders attempts in the corners, and knows when to bail out on a play that could get him killed. Dudes got slick hands, and a really high IQ. Only knock I have on him so far is that he needs to be selfish when he has the wide open shot. TAKE THE SHOT. He waits and tries to find the better play.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Not saying Marner will be a 77pt forward, but I do think he’ll likely slow down I’m assuming just based on his size and endurance level of young guys not being there. But to not consider Marner a top end prospect is silly. He’s likely to out produce Matthews or if he doesn’t its going to be super close.

Kadri won’t easily out produce Marner I think. Kadri is getting the difficult matchup every night and that’s his role. He’s there to shut down the top center on the other team. Marner being sheltered is only on line matching. He’s at a 57/43 OzS/DzS which is pretty freaking close for a rookie.

I was worried about Marner and his size when coming into the NHL, and especially his first few games he seemed to be flailing around the ice a bit. Now he’s more in check, knows how to absorb hits, uses his speed and agility to negate defenders attempts in the corners, and knows when to bail out on a play that could get him killed. Dudes got slick hands, and a really high IQ. Only knock I have on him so far is that he needs to be selfish when he has the wide open shot. TAKE THE SHOT. He waits and tries to find the better play.
    He's older than Matthews and plays a much easier position. Not fair to compare

Dobber Sports Titan

Kadri plays a different position, different role, and is older. Not a fair compare.

The comparison of Kane/Toews is so overblown but it’s a solid comparison I think. Kane in fantasy is obviously the better player. Toews in real life plays a harder position, and has the talent to put up 70-80pts, but chooses to play defensively so they can win. This is a fantasy forum, so I’m going to compare in a fantasy term.

Marner, with dual position, not just a pure center (which there’s tons of now), has a solid chance at out producing Matthews, and Kadri. As per Tatar, he hasn’t played that well, and isn’t producing. He also is going from starting in the offensive zone 62% of the time in 2015-16 (babied), to 44.1% this yr. As others have said, the homerun is what I would do instead of a guy who could be on and off waivers all the time
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

For a minute there I thought Marner was playing for Tampa the way Not Big Ev is dismissing his accomplishments to date.

Regardless, the OP was asking about Tatar vs Marner, Marner won out at the expense of Kadri. I do not believe the OP will be disappointed in a vacuum, but I still would have flipped Tatar for Marner.

I guess we will need to wait to find out.

The Great One

Marner and Kadri will out point Tatar this year.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Not sure what age has to do with this assuming you're talking Marner Andy matthews. They're both 19 and Matthews coming off a year playing pro vs Men.

The Great One

Tatar for sure. I wouldn't want marner in a one year as I think he'll slow down like most non superstar rookies do.
    Oh no. This looks bad.

Since November 8.

Tatar = 21 points in 51 games.
    Marner = 42 points in 48 games.
    Kadri = 40 points in 53 games.

The hate blinders for Marner/Leafs in full force.

Kid is a superstar rookie IF you watch him play AND you're not a homer fan of a rival team.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Oh no. This looks bad.

Since November 8.

Tatar = 21 points in 51 games.
    Marner = 42 points in 48 games.
    Kadri = 40 points in 53 games.

The hate blinders for Marner/Leafs in full force.

Kid is a superstar rookie IF you watch him play AND you're not a homer fan of a rival team.
    Marner's an absolute stud. Solid chance moving forward that he leads this team in points more seasons than Matthews.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Banned

Still don't consider him a superstar in the making, but I was wrong about Marner vs Tatar no question. Tatar stinks.

In most leagues Kadri was still more valuable and produced more. 26 goals compared to 15 on the season and does a lot more for other categories.

I don't hate the Leafs - otherwise I wouldn't comment on Kadri vs Marner at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Marner's an absolute stud. Solid chance moving forward that he leads this team in points more seasons than Matthews.
    the only reason that would happen is because he plays with Matthews and gets the assists. They are two different tiers of players.

Dobber Sports Jedi

the only reason that would happen is because he plays with Matthews and gets the assists. They are two different tiers of players.
    He plays with Bozak & JVR. He?s sitting at 50pts in 59 games without having played anysustained 5-5 time with Matthews. Matthews has 55 in 65. They are both legit top line players movingforward. Both Superstars in the making.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Lets just say you haven't been very good at projecting Marner so far.