The Great One

Default Marner or Tatar?

G, A, +/-, PP, SH, Hits

Marner or Tatar for this season?
    Thanks
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Marner or Tatar?

Go for the homerun. I like Marner. but it's going to be close. Should give more points, but Tatar should outshoot him. I wouldn't count on +/- from either.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think out of the young kids in Toronto Marner will have the best season. That is even over Matthews.

Dobber Sports Ace

Tatar for me.. i'll take the proven guy
    but if you want to gamble...
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Marner for me. +\- will eventually fall in line.

But this kid is one of the most exciting players, let alone prospects in the league at the moment.

Banned

Tatar for sure. I wouldn't want marner in a one year as I think he'll slow down like most non superstar rookies do.

Dobber Sports Titan

Marner for me as well. He's one of the top of the league in 5on5 points per 60 minutes for a reason. Add a few more minutes to his game and he is going to take off.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Marner for me as well. He's one of the top of the league in 5on5 points per 60 minutes for a reason. Add a few more minutes to his game and he is going to take off.
    That stat is often flawed. Points don't increase on a consistent slope with more time on ice.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

He's the better player in my mind and especially in this set up. Could he cool? Perhaps. Could he win the Calder? I see no reason why he can't. Someone forgot to tell the Breadman to slow down last year.

EV doesn't consider Marner a superstar rookie. Doesn't surprise me. I consider him a bonafide Star prospect. Panarin was also never Considered a "Superstar" and who Wouldn't have wanted him last year?

Tatar is very good. Marner could be even better! And yes... I feelIt could happen this year. If I want to play big, play BOLD and play To Win... I'm taking Marner.

Good luck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    He's the better player in my mind and especially in this set up. Could he cool? Perhaps. Could he win the Calder? I see no reason why he can't. Someone forgot to tell the Breadman to slow down last year.

EV doesn't consider Marner a superstar rookie. Doesn't surprise me. I consider him a bonafide Star prospect. Panarin was also never Considered a "Superstar" and who Wouldn't have wanted him last year?

Tatar is very good. Marner could be even better! And yes... I feelIt could happen this year. If I want to play big, play BOLD and play To Win... I'm taking Marner.

Good luck.
    No I don't consider him a superstar rookie. I consider Matthews and laine that. And nylander is better even.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    No I don't consider him a superstar rookie. I consider Matthews and laine that. And nylander is better even.
    Yes. You already said that. And I sighted the fact that you said that very thing and I also said that it didn't surprise me that you said that. That's your perogative.

I simply stated where you and I are different which could help the OP make up his own mind.

I feel you are underrating Marner and furthermore I believe him to be a star prospect in the making.

Up to the OP to decide what he thinks.

The Great One

Thanks guys. I took a close look and dropped Kadri for Marner instead. So I'm rolling with both right now.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Good choice!

Banned

Not a move I would have made. Kadri will otuproduce marner no question.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Marner AINEC