Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Over/Under on election day riots?

Banned

Default Re: Over/Under on election day riots?

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Outside a Californian (I think) polling station there was a shooting leaving one dead and 3 injured.

But I just don’t understand why people would think he could run the country. He’s going to put the country back 12 yrs.

A female at my work first thing she said today was “Well I’m proud enough to say I’m happy he won. I just don’t like Hillary”. I didn’t want to freak out because, well it’s work. But it just is hard for me to see how anyone can like such a racist, sexist, lying, egotistical, person who hasn’t ever had any political experience. AND SHES FEMALE! I thought Hillary would have just locked up that gender because of what Trump did! How could someone vote in such a person with so low integrity to be your leader!?
    Maybe because people want a businessman with proven success and vast amounts of world experience to lead their country?

Maybe people realize most people think like trump and say thugs like he does when a camera isn't on them?

Saying they'll be set back 12 years is such fear mongering bullshit. Canada voted for a ****ing school teacher for Christ sake

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Way too many people are uneducated and lack basic rational thought. It's a monumentally sad event in human history that someone like Trump was elected president.
    Yet the alternative was a phony criminal who has had dirty hands for the last 30 years

The amount of high horse white knights commenting on this election is hilarious

Dobber Sports Deity

At least the school teacher had "some" political experience before getting elected to run his country. Trump has none. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know. Time will tell.

I won't lie, I am nervous as hell about Trump because of the unknown.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Yet the alternative was a phony criminal who has had dirty hands for the last 30 years

The amount of high horse white knights commenting on this election is hilarious
    Did I say that Clinton was a good candidate? The fact that it came down to those two was the first monumentally sad event.

I'd take the alleged criminal (actually so is Trump, if you take all the allegations into consideration) with political experience and some knowledge of the world in general over Trump.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

Did I say that Clinton was a good candidate? The fact that it came down to those two was the first monumentally sad event.

I'd take the alleged criminal (actually so is Trump, if you take all the allegations into consideration) with political experience and some knowledge of the world in general over Trump.
    Exactly.

As someone at work said to me this morning: If you had to go for heart surgery, who would you rather have operating on you? The heart surgeon who has a malpractice suit against them, or the guy who works at Wendys?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

The moral of the story is, this won't be any different than any other presidency. People acting like this is a dictatorship lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Exactly.

As someone at work said to me this morning: If you had to go for heart surgery, who would you rather have operating on you? The heart surgeon who has a malpractice suit against them, or the guy who works at Wendys?
    Luckily politicians don't need an required skills to actually be politicians. Politics and business aren't really different, it's all just bullshit and acts.

Dobber Sports Deity

It's like any other profession; experience goes a long way.

One of the candidates had lots. One had none.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    what are trumps supporters going to do when he doesnt do any of the stuff he said he was going to do?
    That could be a very good thing for the U.S.

No wall, no NAFTA revision, no mass deportations, ....

If he focuses on the rest, he may not be the worst choice here.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's like any other profession; experience goes a long way.

One of the candidates had lots. One had none.
    I consider his experience to be extremely similar to politicians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post

Deporting illegal immigrants would be an awesome thing.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Oh no of course not, they have always been there, they never left - the folks who were lynching black people 70 yrs ago had children, you know.

Trump is telling them it's ok to feel like that, to express it, they don't have to hide it anymore.

But it has always been there, have no illusions about that - Trump did not create anything - he is a reflection of the country.
    those wackos never needed validation that it was ok. they always believed it was ok. the question is can they get away with it now to a higher degree. i doubt it. trump or no trump there is too much social pressure to behave a certain way. maybe i am wrong but i hope not. i really dont think things will be near as bad as people are worried about

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    I consider his experience to be extremely similar to politicians.

- - - Updated - - -

Deporting illegal immigrants would be an awesome thing.
    Until they get deported to the Capital of Canada and are your neighbours and grocery store clerks.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post

could be who knows. this will all make for some nice late night television rants though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Until they get deported to the Capital of Canada and are your neighbours and grocery store clerks.
    fine with me. most of those folks are great people who work harder than half the population of canada as it is. i have a white married couple who are friends of mine (though less so now) who just both quit their jobs and are living off of ei just because they didnt like teaching any more. both fully capable of being employed at some low paying job but its beneath them so they sit on their asses playing guitar and reading books at the library. ill take the undocumented folks coming here and willing to actually put in a days work any day.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Welcum to da Unated Stats uv 'Merica...

2 take aways from his acceptance speech:

1. He forgot to thank Pence (and that handshake was something else! find it watch it) all awkward as hell
    2. He used a cover version of Rolling Stones, "You can't always get what you want" (from Californication soundtrack - yes the tv show) when he left the stage at speech end.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

Crazy how the people voted for the least qualified presidential candidate in the history of US politics over the most qualified presidential candidate in the history of US politics. I'm not really sure what that will mean but it is a scary thought.

Dobber Sports Titan

He may be the first president to get arrest for rape charges too. Isn’t still under investigation on raping girl with Epstein the Billionaire Stage 3 molester? It’s been over 5yrs (the legal window to file something or whatever), but the girls (Jane Doe, the alias) lawyer is saying due to distress of Trump/Epstein saying they would kill her if she told anyone was on going thus is grounds to have this looked at.

I don’t like being told to get off my high horse by someone I get the feeling is sitting on his high horse BTW
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't think he lasts the full term.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.