Thread: Need help!! Brind\'Amour for Demitra

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Need help!! Brind\'Amour for Demitra

Hey guys,

I\'m a contender in a 9 team keeper league. Another contender offered me his Brind\'Amour for my Demitra straight up. Now, I want to pull the trigger, but Brind\'Amour did just have surgery so I don\'t know. And Dobber projects a few more points for him but still with the surgery and his buddy Williams out I don\'t know.

What do you guys think?
    9 team keeper league - p, pp, +/-, wins, shutouts
    (*)Keep 6 F, 2 D, 1 G each year plus anyone (^)24 and under

F: Malkin^, Thornton*, E. Staal^, Zetterberg*, Backstrom^, Kopitar^, Morrow*, B. Richards*, Huselius*, Jus. Williams*, Cheechoo, Filatov^
    D: Gonchar*, Phaneuf*, Ryan Whitney, Erik Karlsson^
    G: Backstrom* and Khabibulin
    Bench: Varlamov^, Wolski^, Stafford, Grabovski, T. Ruutu, Coburn^,

Dobber Sports Veteran

You would be getting Brindamour? I wouldn\'t do it. I think his knee surgery might be a bit of a problem at the beginning of the year. And if he starts off slow, maybe you can make a deal for him then, giving up less than Demitra. I think he might have a good year with the Sedin\'s.....just a hunch.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah I kind of agree with you, but Demitra was lined up with Gaborik last season and just had decent numbers. So how much can we really expect from him, even if he clicks with the twins? Also, if you look at the last 3 seasons, Brind\'Amour comfortbly outproduced Demitra.

But Brind\'Amour is soooooooo old, even though he may be the most jacked player in the NHL his age still can\'t escape him.

F: Malkin^, Thornton*, E. Staal^, Zetterberg*, Backstrom^, Kopitar^, Morrow*, B. Richards*, Huselius*, Jus. Williams*, Cheechoo, Filatov^

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Don\'t worry about Brindies knee - just a little housecleaning of cartilage - he will be ready to start the season.

Would I do this deal? I am not sure honestly - it is a close call for me and without a crystal ball on the season - it is anyone\'s guess - I like Demitra\'s skill but I don\'t like his injury history. Brindie is a bit of a steady horse and that is attractive. Hard to say how the Williams thing will affect him - Williams was out alot last year so that might be relevant to your assessment.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well Brind\'Amour had 17 points in the 22 games he played without Williams, and 34 points in the 37 games with Williams in the lineup, so that is a good point and there was a small (but significant) point differential during Williams absence...

Banned

I wouldn\'t do it. Brind\'amour will if his knee holds up, still put up decent numbers, however I am not sure if they are a lot more than Demitra\'s

If demitra indeed clicks with the twins, his numbers could really skyrocket imo. I mean, they can make Anson Carter a star, and that says something lol.

I understand that demitra has a history of injuries as well, but I would still expect him to hit 70+ games, with pretty almost ppg production if he clicks with the twins.

Personally I project demitra at 65 -70
    and brind\'amour at 60-65

I wouldn\'t take the risk with brindamour\'s knee. Sure it\'s only housecleaning surgery this time, but it kind of scares me. I would go for Demitra - the \"safer\" bet

Dutch

Dobber Sports Ace

I would keep Brindy over Demitra in a one year league, however in a keeper, it\'s tough to say beacause Brind\'Amour is getting pretty old. I hear the surgery thing is not a big problem and they say he\'s an iron man. Demitra is a definite band aid boy. I think I would go keep Brindy.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Wizard

bluesummers wrote:
    Yeah I kind of agree with you, but Demitra was lined up with Gaborik last season and just had decent numbers. So how much can we really expect from him, even if he clicks with the twins? Also, if you look at the last 3 seasons, Brind\'Amour comfortbly outproduced Demitra.

But Brind\'Amour is soooooooo old, even though he may be the most jacked player in the NHL his age still can\'t escape him.
    I would do the deal and overall would give Brindy the slight edge. As you said above, he has outpointed Demitra over the past 3 years. The difference with or without Williams in the lineup is marginal, and if anything it gives him more opportunity on the PP. Plus Brindy may be chronologically older, but really his fitness regimen balances it out.

Also, keep in mind Brindamour is signed through to the 2010/11 season and has 3 yrs left on his contract. Demitra may click with the twins, may not............

I agree that overall it\'s a tough decision. Good luck in your choice. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks +1 for everyone. In the end I couldn\'t make the deal just because it seemed so up in the air haha so we\'ll see what happens there.