Thread: Which LW to trade

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Which LW to trade

For team in sig, Roto league using NHL cap hits and a salary cap of $73 MIL. I started the season with a pretty strong LW group including Benn, Hall and Lucic. I picked up Kreider after his hot start and now an owner just dropped Forsberg (I guess he got frustrated with production vs cap hit). So I now have 5 strong LW players and a lot of money tied up. I know I need to move a player, probably for a RW, but I'm not sure who to try and shop. I'm thinking Kreider as his value is probably as high as it will get at the moment. Benn is not an option as he is the best player every year with these settings. Hall and Forsberg are off to slowish starts so their value is probably a bit low. Lucic is a beast with these settings so I would prefer to hang on to him.

Just looking for a little advise on who to shop before I start making some offers. Thanks!

Halifax Highanders

12-team, Keep 10, NHL cap/sal. H2H
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 4B
    G, A,, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK - W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Seguin, scheifele, Point
    LW: Benn, Forsberg,
    RW: Pastrnak, Simmonds Boeser
    D: Josi,
    G: Bobrovsky, Vasilevskiy,

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Which LW to trade

You won't get value for Forsberg right now, but with Hall's goals you may get some value for him. If you can sell Kreider too then that's a good option, but I think I try shopping Hall/Forsberg first for some comparable talent on RW.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would say Kreider is your best option.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would try and move Hall first. I think Kreider, if he can stay healthy has a breaout year. Forsberg has been slow out of the gate but im optimistic he turns it around. You need help on the RW for sure.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Glatt View Post
    For team in sig, Roto league using NHL cap hits and a salary cap of $73 MIL. I started the season with a pretty strong LW group including Benn, Hall and Lucic. I picked up Kreider after his hot start and now an owner just dropped Forsberg (I guess he got frustrated with production vs cap hit). So I now have 5 strong LW players and a lot of money tied up. I know I need to move a player, probably for a RW, but I'm not sure who to try and shop. I'm thinking Kreider as his value is probably as high as it will get at the moment. Benn is not an option as he is the best player every year with these settings. Hall and Forsberg are off to slowish starts so their value is probably a bit low. Lucic is a beast with these settings so I would prefer to hang on to him.

Just looking for a little advise on who to shop before I start making some offers. Thanks!
    Agree you obv don't trade benn. I'm a big fan of Kreider and don't think you should sell him, unless you get something super juicy for him. Good chance since he's value is high as ever now. Don't think forsberg will net you anything so that leaves hall as the best to move. He's def got trade value and would be a nice salary dump
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Pro

Trade Hall.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg