Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Judge us, the Dobber Pirate League - Draft done!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Judge us, the Dobber Pirate League - Draft done!

sentium wrote:
    Someone has been nicking my karma with regularity in the last day or so, taking it down from 66 to 62 with about 6 hour increments. Who actually has the energy to hold such a meaningless grudge? I trust it\'s not one of you fine pirates
    It happens to all of us from time to time Sentium - my turn in the barrel was about a month ago and it went on for several days and then stopped. Not much to do but shrug.

Dobber Sports Master

Shoeless, you gain karma points like I drink beer. A few knock against you and you likely dont even notice. A few knock against Sentium and he would notice.

But I do agree, it is no big deal. I like Sentium and I think he speaks his honest opinion, which the majority of the time seems very informed. This is why I bumped him up.

As I said in a earlier post, he should hope that karma can magically turn into fpts. He will need them.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Shoeless wrote:
    sentium wrote:
    Someone has been nicking my karma with regularity in the last day or so, taking it down from 66 to 62 with about 6 hour increments. Who actually has the energy to hold such a meaningless grudge? I trust it\'s not one of you fine pirates
    It happens to all of us from time to time Sentium - my turn in the barrel was about a month ago and it went on for several days and then stopped. Not much to do but shrug.
    Yeah, that\'s what I figured as well. I let it get to me about six months ago or so, when someone did the same thing. Now I just shrug. After all, it\'s just a fantasy forum. But it\'s still fascinating to me that someone can hold a grudge on this level, you know? I mean, someone is actually exerting energy to keep in mind to dock my karma with quite the regularity. And not only me. It happens to a lot of guys here from time to time. If I have a problem with someone, I clear the air by bringing it up and getting it over with. There\'s no need to quietly hold a grudge like this. If anything, it only gives you an ulcer faster
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Atomic_Wedgy wrote:
    As I said in a earlier post, he should hope that karma can magically turn into fpts. He will need them.
    Just you wait...
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

sentium wrote:
    But it\'s still fascinating to me that someone can hold a grudge on this level, you know? I mean, someone is actually exerting energy to keep in mind to dock my karma with quite the regularity.
    Are you absolutely sure that you didn\'t say something stupid/offending?

sentium wrote:
    Just you wait...
    In New Zealand, we eat swedes for supper...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Atomic_Wedgy wrote:
    sentium wrote:
    But it\'s still fascinating to me that someone can hold a grudge on this level, you know? I mean, someone is actually exerting energy to keep in mind to dock my karma with quite the regularity.
    Are you absolutely sure that you didn\'t say something stupid/offending?
    I haven\'t written anything outright offensive, if that\'s what you mean. I made a comment about how people shouldn\'t talk about the Wings if they\'re not informed about the team and I guess someone could\'ve been overly sensitive about that. But I have called people out quite a bit in my time here and I\'ve gotten docked for that sometimes. I always have a reason though. But still, docking karma is such a petty thing to do. Like I said, if I have a problem with someone, I voice my opinion and most of the time it\'s resolved with a reasoned discussion. No need to hold a grudge.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

Thomas, the world would be a better place overall without grudges. As it stands now we will have to be happy with the knowledge that Canadian hockey teams own the ass of Swedish hockey teams. That helps me sleep at night, maybe you can find some solice in that as well.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Atomic_Wedgy wrote:
    Thomas, the world would be a better place overall without grudges. As it stands now we will have to be happy with the knowledge that Canadian hockey teams own the ass of Swedish hockey teams. That helps me sleep at night, maybe you can find some solice in that as well.
    That actually made me laugh at the computer screen Thanks!

I\'m sitting pretty here knowing that Sweden is the reigning Olympic champ and that a Swedish captain just won the Stanley Cup (and the Norris) on a team filled with Swedes while another Swede won the Conn Smythe. Feels pretty good
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

I can only retort by saying your momma!

Dobber Sports Sage

New Zealand, eh Wedgy? You recognize my avatar then???

I was selecting a beer at a local restaurant a couple weeks ago, and someone recommended Steinlager \"New Zealand\'s finest.\" After drinking, I am convinced there has got to be something out there that is finer than Steinlager. Otherwise, my opinion of NZ may have changed quite a bit. :P
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Master

Steinlager won a few international awards about 10-12 years ago. It is certainly not a premium beer in NZ. If you can get your hands on the Monteith\'s range, Celtic Red is awesome. The Black, Pilsner, Golden and Original are also good, but the Celtic Red is the bell of the ball.

There is not a huge market for beer here as there are only 4 million people. That makes it hard for any brewer to make enough money to take a stab at exporting.

FOTC are hilarious!

Dobber Sports Sage

Haha! I will have to search BevMo for those beers. Quite interested. I know NZ has a very small population so it makes sense...but I will be on a mission next time to find Celtic Red.

I saw FOTC live in LA. They are pure gold...after all, they are NZ\'s fourth most popular folk band! :laugh:
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Master

Monteith\'s is the brewery that makes all of those beers I mentioned. Definitely try if you get a chance.

Dobber Sports Guru

haha.. just ask Aussies how much they like Foster\'s. I had one guy respond \"Who?\". All too often the beer that gets exported has little to do with the beer the locals actually enjoy. Cough, Molsen.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I am going to pipe in and say that looking at the teams I think joos has the best team. His goaltending is tops and beyond that he has great players at every position.
    Overall though there is some damn nice teams across the board.
    Those are my thoughts.
    10 team H2H keeper league
    Weekly Rosters:2C 2LW 2RW 4F 5D 2G
    G5 A5 PIM0.3 Shots0.2 +/-1
    W7 SO7 SV0.2 GA-1
    G: Fleury Huet Smith Howard(F) Bishop(F)
    C: B.Richards Briere (RW) Jokinen Laich Zajac Filpulla Duchene (F) Gerbe(F) Schenn(F) Bowman (F)
    LW: Eriksson Elias Sharp Bourque (RW) Tanguay Malone Leino(F)
    RW: E. Staal (C) Boyes Doan Purcell
    D: Chara Kronwall Whitney Aucoin Wisniewski Sekera Vlasic