Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My trade is getting a veto?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: My trade is getting a veto?

The owner getting Bergeron would probably win for the next year or two but that's no reason to veto that trade. Proven older player for a rising young star, those kind of trades happen all the time. I would just leave the league, you can still be friends with them without the league. Or at least find another league that takes your focus away from that bad league.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Interesting thread.
    While it doesn't seem like veto-worthy... nothing usually is when there is limited information given.

What if you tell us the other guy is your brother?
    What if you tell us that your brother's team consists of a bunch of shit players & Bergeron and is going nowhere?
    What if you tell us that all signs point to the league disbanding after this year?

Then it essentially becomes "your brother" "gifting you Patrice Bergeron" because "the league is about done" and this trade "will help you win".

I'm not saying all these things are in place...
    But I've been in this situation before.

One of my pet peeves is the people that quickly declare something a "No Veto" without knowing full scope of both teams, the league, etc.
    It's almost impossible to say, one way or another, that it absolute IS or IS NOT worthy of a veto.

We depend on one OP's (likely biased) string of information.
    Usually the trade party that gets the trade knocked down only gives us the info he wants.

Again... not saying it IS veto worthy.
    And... absolutely not saying that anything is wrong with the trade.
    But... a small society could make Donald Trump look like a good candidate for presidency if they just leave out enough information, right?! .

For the record:
    What does the other guys team look like?
    What position is he in right now?
    How do you know him?
    Has he been in the league for years? Or is this his first year?
    I like to know these things first & foremost.

Dobber Sports Novice

our league we need everyone in the league to veto the trade, it has to be really really bad for it to actually get vetoed that way.... You always have a few guys that seem to veto everything.
    C- Tavares, Monahan, B.Schenn(C,LW) Draisaitl Coyle(C,RW), Eichel

LW- Palat, Kunitz, Beleskey, Stempniak (LW,RW)

RW- Toffoli(C,RW),Kucherov, Okposo ,Wingels(C,RW)

D- Yandle, Rielly,Niskanen,Goligoski,Edler,Polak

G- Halak, Griess,Fleury

Farm- M.Barzal, C.Keller, K.Bellows, J.Anderson, Rattie, E.Gustafsson, M.Murray(G) JF Berube(G)

12 Team Keeper League 8 make playoffs. Keep 12 including goalies.8 farm players(under 100 games for players/under 70 for goalies) Max 2 goalies on farm. Head to Head. 5 waiver moves/week.

Player Categories- G-A-P-+/- -PIM-PPP-SOG-HITS-BLK
    Goalie Categories- W-GA-GAA-SV-SA-SV%-SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am not presenting some smoke and mirrors about this trade.

The reason for the protest is that the person who protested did not want to see the 35th ranked player be traded for some "random" guy I pulled from the waiver wire! I have sold high on more players than anybody else in this league. In fact I flopped two players that day in trades that were waiver wire additions who have been playing good.

I also think the owner who complained is pissed for being in last place.

Here is the information:

10 team keeper, keep 6 max (no min) We added/swapped in 3 new managers over the last 2 years and the league was it's most competitive than any other point before. In fact with a few weeks to go last year 5-6 players were tightly packed and in contention for the league. The league is strong and fun and has not had anything like this happen in the entire time I have been in the league. No one has dumped players when it was a 1 year only league to help someone out, there have been very few trades when it was a one year league and now as a keeper there are still few trades. I have completed around 50% of the trades (a guess) over the last 3 years that we went to keeper league.

My keepers are:

Backstrom
    Kucherov
    OEL
    Subban
    Klingberg
    Byfuglien

The person in the trade with me only kept 4 players and re-drafted to 6 players before the draft began:

Price
    Schneider
    Webber
    Couture
    Kopitar (re-draft)
    Bergeron (re-draft)

I do not know the other manager besides a few years of Roller Hockey when I first moved here, never hung out with him besides roller hockey and a few lunches attended by all the same guys in this fantasy league. They have known him for years.

The guy I am trading with has 11 years fantasy experience and 20 teams managed, he plays in leagues with our commissioner in Baseball and Football
    I have 6 years experience with 2 teams managed, this keeper league and Dobber entry level last year. This year we started a small football league too.

I usually finish 2nd since we started this league as a keeper league (last 3 years), before that I averaged 7th but I did not own a computer in the early years (3 years).

The other owner in this trade is currently 2nd and I am 4th.

Like I mentioned the protester is currently in last place. He has won the hockey leagues 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011 and came in 2nd in 2012, 2010. The other parties that voted were his brother , the person in 1st place, someone unknown. I strongly feel he is sour at being last place and reaching for straws to keep me from getting my first win.

This will only fuel me on to win even more! I feel like my draft was really good this year (not perfect/but solid), my free agent pick ups have been home runs, and that I have a solid plan for the rest of the year! This is just motivation.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Interesting thread.
    While it doesn't seem like veto-worthy... nothing usually is when there is limited information given.

What if you tell us the other guy is your brother?
    What if you tell us that your brother's team consists of a bunch of shit players & Bergeron and is going nowhere?
    What if you tell us that all signs point to the league disbanding after this year?

Then it essentially becomes "your brother" "gifting you Patrice Bergeron" because "the league is about done" and this trade "will help you win".

I'm not saying all these things are in place...
    But I've been in this situation before.

One of my pet peeves is the people that quickly declare something a "No Veto" without knowing full scope of both teams, the league, etc.
    It's almost impossible to say, one way or another, that it absolute IS or IS NOT worthy of a veto.

We depend on one OP's (likely biased) string of information.
    Usually the trade party that gets the trade knocked down only gives us the info he wants.

Again... not saying it IS veto worthy.
    And... absolutely not saying that anything is wrong with the trade.
    But... a small society could make Donald Trump look like a good candidate for presidency if they just leave out enough information, right?! .

For the record:
    What does the other guys team look like?
    What position is he in right now?
    How do you know him?
    Has he been in the league for years? Or is this his first year?
    I like to know these things first & foremost.
    You're really overthinking this.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    You're really overthinking this.
    I think Peng has been watching too many detective shows...

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Honestly, make this your last year in the league. These guys aren't worth the aggravation. Deal with them in other areas, fine, but not fantasy sports. They might be okay if it was a free league, but it sounds unlikely.

I find that involving money has generally made things worse, so I play in no leagues with prize money any more, althoguh if the NFl didn't suck so bad right now, I might be willing to be in one that I know is very well run.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

UGH - I made it through the entire thread. What a tire fire.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Honestly, make this your last year in the league. These guys aren't worth the aggravation. Deal with them in other areas, fine, but not fantasy sports. They might be okay if it was a free league, but it sounds unlikely.
    The headache comes with its perks. There's no better win than rubbing it in your friends' faces. Winning a pool in a league where no one knows one another feels less meaningful IMO.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Novice

Ya that's a pretty shitty veto. Stuff like that is exactly why we removed the veto last year and its up to our 3 commissioners (im one) to decide. We will pretty much let every trade through as long as it's not a fishy trade since there is $1200 on the line. Find it funny how one gm is getting mad at you for trading lol. 4 Trades throughout the whole year seems very low. I personally had like 6 and some others had over 10 lol.

I had two trades vetoed last year (started by a new gm) after never having any in the 5 years prior. Monahan , Ristolainen for Mackinnon was vetoed ... And Faulk Hartnell, RyJo for Voracek, Josi lol. I was getting stats and positions I needed but one gm didn't want that and started making something out of it and talked 3 other puppets into doing it.

After a veto like you just went through I would get them to change the veto process. If they can't use it right then it shouldn't be there. That is basically just controlling other teams and takes out any of the fun. You guys should be encouraged to trade, I find its one of the more fun things about fantasy hockey. If you feel like you can't improve your team via trade then what's the point
    2nd year 12 team H2H - Keep 10 - G, A , +/-, Pims, SOG, Hits, Blocks, STP Wins, GAA, SV% SVs
    C: Seguin, Jenner
    LW: Benn, Pacioretty,
    RW: Simmonds, Wheeler, Palmieri
    D: Krug, Provorov, Werenski
    G: Rask, Dubnyk,
    Prospects: McAvoy, Chabot, Jost, Keller, Shesterkin

5th year 12 Team H2H - Keep 5 Cats^
    C: Crosby, Tavares, Backstrom
    LW: Laine,
    RW: Wheeler
    D:, Krug, Werenski,
    G: Jones, Rask,

League Champ 2013, 2014

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The best part is if I traded Bergeron for his Werenski it would have ZERO% chance of getting a veto from anybody. In the last three years I have been in first place for around 80% of all of those seasons. I have lost steam the final months via injuries the last two years. I ran into that last year when his ( veto guy) PIT players (Crosby) went crazy hot to end the year.

This same trade going the other way would have no resistance at all and if I lost they would all blame this trade! That is the kicker of all kickers, this is a jealous player who is upset he is in last place.

I am keeping it positive. I am not sour grapes about it, I am not quitting this league, I am however going to win it all. This will just be even more reason to talk shit to this owner. Just an FYI he has to ride with me in a car for 3 hours every Sunday for our adult league hockey game, my victory will be relentless.

Another note, you guys should all trade for Werenski. This kid is going to be the best D in the league this year, why I need him to have a season for the ages to really kick this guy in the ass!

- - - Updated - - -

The best part is if I traded Bergeron for his Werenski it would have ZERO% chance of getting a veto from anybody. In the last three years I have been in first place for around 80% of all of those seasons. I have lost steam the final months via injuries the last two years. I ran into that last year when his ( veto guy) PIT players (Crosby) went crazy hot to end the year.

This same trade going the other way would have no resistance at all and if I lost they would all blame this trade! That is the kicker of all kickers, this is a jealous player who is upset he is in last place.

I am keeping it positive. I am not sour grapes about it, I am not quitting this league, I am however going to win it all. This will just be even more reason to talk shit to this owner. Just an FYI he has to ride with me in a car for 3 hours every Sunday for our adult league hockey game, my victory will be relentless.

Another note, you guys should all trade for Werenski. This kid is going to be the best D in the league this year, why I need him to have a season for the ages to really kick this guy in the ass!

W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

Dobber Sports Novice

Ya don't quit the league, that just lets them win lol. You definately should get the vote process changed or something. If it happens now whose to say it won't happen again. You say you are really the only one who trades so vetoes really only affect you. You just don't want this veto thing becoming the norm and preventing you from running your team as you see fit.
    2nd year 12 team H2H - Keep 10 - G, A , +/-, Pims, SOG, Hits, Blocks, STP Wins, GAA, SV% SVs
    C: Seguin, Jenner
    LW: Benn, Pacioretty,
    RW: Simmonds, Wheeler, Palmieri
    D: Krug, Provorov, Werenski
    G: Rask, Dubnyk,
    Prospects: McAvoy, Chabot, Jost, Keller, Shesterkin

5th year 12 Team H2H - Keep 5 Cats^
    C: Crosby, Tavares, Backstrom
    LW: Laine,
    RW: Wheeler
    D:, Krug, Werenski,
    G: Jones, Rask,

League Champ 2013, 2014

Dobber Sports Ace

Two things: whether it should be vetoed or not, you seem to be handling it well. If the explanation is the guy doesn't like the 35th ranked player for the 500th ranked player, so be it. If you're content with the league, beyond this fairly ridiculous veto, I think it'll be okay. You're friends - hand his ass to him at the end of the year.

2nd - your location says Arkansas? Are there many actual hockey leagues there? You mentioned a roller hockey league, but what about actual ice leagues?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hipcheck View Post
    Had to be 4, I know at least him, his brother, and first place guy all voted. I am not sure on the 4th
    I checked the IP address of where the 4th veto vote came from...and...it came from INSIDE YOUR HOUSE! Get out now...GET OUT NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hipcheck View Post
    I love that you are staying positive on this and are committed to beating them even more now! Good luck hipcheck!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hockey in Arkansas is not very popular, that goes for fans who just watch the game, but very rare to find players. There is an ice league in Little Rock, AR and in Fayetteville AR. Roller hockey was popular at one time in several different towns but good luck finding it now.

I travel from Jonesboro AR to South Haven MS each Sunday to play in my adult league ( 3 hours each game round trip) In Memphis we have two ice hockey leagues but honestly we would be better off with just one deep league with more teams and better divisions. We have lost several gold level players and the remaining are intermixed into the silver league.

We bring an entire team from Arkansas into the Memphis leagues. The most we ever had was 8 Arkansas players from 3 different towns car pooling. We all played roller hockey but the number of players were getting low and the main die hard guys decided to travel to get better quality of games. I had not played ice for 13 years at this point and 2-3 of our players had never skated on ice. We actually are one of the top teams in our league because we have known each other for so many years. I moved here in 2009 and most these guys have played for 12-20 years together.

We are 9-0 in our ice league right now!

When we traveled up to Chicago for the outdoor Classic a few years ago we made a trip out to a total hockey store ( or some all hockey outlet), being from Arkansas it was mind blowing to be in a store where we could try on and test all the types of equipment. In addition an entire staff of people to talk hockey with, we were stoked!

We also do not get much hockey on TV here. We get the NBC sports cast on Wed and maybe 1-2 Stars games on Fox SSW, which is funny because we are closer to STL than Dallas. You have to pay the cable company extra to get the Fox channel that broadcast the STL Blues ,but we get tons on STL Cardinals games for free? I have enjoyed the Yahoo streaming of games this year. I get to watch teams I normally do not get to see: CGY, OTT, NSH, Etc.

Funny thing about hockey in Arkansas being a rare sport. My son got into a fight in junior high and got out of trouble because he was wearing a hockey shirt. This was his 7th grade year and the vice principle did not know my family was into hockey. When my son went to his office to talk about the incident they ended up talking hockey for about 45 minutes instead. He even called me up to chat me up about the playoffs also, he was a STL Blues fan and so happy they made it out of the first round and needed a friend!

W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold: