Thread: Yahoo League Sabotage - Need Advice

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Yahoo League Sabotage - Need Advice

Just wondering if anybody can give some advice on how to handle a situation in my Yahoo League. This league has been bad from the start (4th year now), and the commissioner who runs the league at the start of this year said that it would be its last. It is a Keeper League and I have built my team to be a top contender.

To make this short, this is a 20 team points only (G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, W, SO) league. And these are the trades that the bottom teams are doing with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th place teams. Currently I am in first.

Domi/Byfuglien for Trochek/Brodie
    Forsberg for Plekanec
    Barrie for Edler

There are others as well, but these are the biggest standouts. I have messaged the guy who runs this league. I know him and thought him to be a decent guy, but he says I will let GMs manage their own teams as they see fit. This is pretty clear collusion to me and I am just wondering if there is any advice people may have on here from their own experiences. I am glad this is the last year of this league, but to watch it go like this is so frustrating and disappointing.

Thanks for any help

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Yahoo League Sabotage - Need Advice

Understand it is frustrating, but it makes sense if guys have nothing to play for next year. Why the decision to have this year go ahead if you know there is no next year. I'd play the role of the Joker in that situation myself and add a little anarchy to the situation. That being said, and with nothing to lose, make the guys giving away the best players some zany offers yourself, and maintain first place and let someone else see how it feels.

I'm feeling petty, can you tell!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

That's just a tough situation where there really is no way to win. The comes should have to make some kind of action. Since he's not though, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. What do you have to lose with this?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

If this is a free league then I wouldn't waste my time. Are the other teams wanting to move forward or is this the end. If you have other teams in other leagues I would just concentrate my energy there. If this is a money league then you are going to have to find some trade partners.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the advice guys. It is a money league. I won last year and was able to move some pieces last year for some higher picks this year and am in a pretty good spot to repeat. Except there are two bottom teams trading to the 2nd/3rd place teams with those ridiculous trades already mentioned. Its a $250 pot and I won last year so part of my prize was registration for this year, but its not even about the money I just enjoy competing in fantasy hockey leagues and this takes all the fun out of it.

I offered to take over the league before the draft, but very few responded. With the way the active GMs are participating like this and then others that are completely inactive I dont want to waste my time with these guys. I run a 12-team rotisserie league in fantrax that is quite dynamic, but I just like to have a variety of different pools and energy levels needed for each. But in any case, I'm gonna have to join 'em...Now I just need to find some trading partners who want to trade away their best for my worst

Man I hate it when league commissioners suck! Hence, that's why I run my own now

Administrator

I wouldn't waste my time in leagues like this.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yeah I learned my lesson. Although I was gonna make this my last year anyways, but the commissioner decided to announce it to the league. Does that even make sense? If I was making the call I would wait until the offseason and then get people opinion, not announce a week before the draft. As Bottlenecker said then there is nothing to play for and why tell everyone that there is nothing to play for going forward. It seemed like a bad call to me. But yup I am done! Just gonna try and improve my team and ride the year out and hopefully steal first with all these deals even going down. Here is my team and hoping they keep me on top

F
    T. Johnson
    D. Sedin
    Turris
    Wennberg
    Hall
    Mackinon
    Rakell
    Couturier
    Radulov
    Tarasenko

D
    Karlsson
    Klingberg
    McDonagh
    Morgan Rielly

G
    Talbot

Current lead 116 (1st) 99 (2nd) 98 (3rd)...I guess I can thank Talbot for that

Dobber Sports Master

I heard Rackell is out indefinitely. Trade him quickly. Also, in a points only league, I'd be trying to trade McDonaugh too.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

this is why I only play dynasty/keepers league as a hobby with others that enjoy building teams for pride.

do what you have to do to win some $ bud is my advice .

The Great One

Vote with your feet, as in leave if it's this bad.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/