Thread: Deep prospects

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Deep prospects

I am in the final phase of a deep slow moving fantasy keeper prospect draft. I am on the clock with 10 hours to go. Goals are worth 1 , assists are worth 1/2. Nothing else matters:

Please rank these prospects:

Foligno
    Grabovsky
    Mayorov
    D. Ryder
    Syvret

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re:Deep prospects

Hrm. For goals, out of the bunch, I\'d say Mayorov and Ryder are the top ones, with Mayorov taking an advantage. Grabovsky and Ryder could put up a fair amount of assists, with Grabovsky tallying more.

Mayorov
    Ryder
    Grabovsky
    Foligno
    Syvret

Syvret is a good D prospect, but unless you\'re desperate for D depth, take Mayorov or Ryder. Each will pot you around 75-85 points. I\'d lean towards Mayorov, because he\'s on the left side, a spot Columbus lacks high scoring talent in, besides Nash. They have some playmakers on the way, and grinders, but nothing like Mayorov coming up.

If Ryder gets 2nd line duties, he\'ll mostly be passing to Huselius or the 2nd C(Lombardi or Langkow), picking up the odd goal himself. Ryder is closer, Mayorov is a year further away, likely.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Novice

I\'m nothing close to an expert but I will give you my opinion.

#5 Dan Ryder- I hate the Flames. You will never see me post anything good about a Flame not from the Edmonton area. I know there is no logic there but just trust me. DONT take him

#4 Danny Syvret- There is just too much offense on the Oil D for me to see him getting any important minutes to develope offensively in the next 3 years.

#3 M.Grabovsky- I don\'t know much about him but from what I read he does not have Mayorov\'s potential.

#2 Mayorov- For pure potential take him. He might not come over for a few years but if there was a transfer agreement he would\'ve been a mid to high 1st rounder.

#1 Foligno- Talented PM taking Left winger will move up the depth chart quick on the Sens. He will be a new crowd favorite there and one of your most hated players if you don\'t take him. You\'ll kick yourself hard.

Just my opinion.

Dobber Sports Novice

Sorry I forgot to add something.
    I\'m nothing close to an expert but I will give you my opinion.

#5 :sick: Dan Ryder:sick: - I hate the Flames:angry: . You will never see me post anything good about a Flame:blink: not from the Edmonton area. I know there is no logic there but just trust me. DONT take himB)

#4 Danny Syvret- There is just too much offense on the Oil D for me to see him getting any important minutes to develope offensively in the next 3 years.

#3 M.Grabovsky- I don\'t know much about him but from what I read he does not have Mayorov\'s potential.

#2 Mayorov- For pure potential take him. He might not come over for a few years but if there was a transfer agreement he would\'ve been a mid to high 1st rounder.

#1 Foligno- Talented PM taking Left winger will move up the depth chart quick on the Sens. He will be a new crowd favorite there and one of your most hated players if you don\'t take him. You\'ll kick yourself hard.

Just my opinion.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Foligno\'s PM don\'t matter as it\'s only a points league. That said I think Mayorov is first. Ryder/Grabovsky are close (Grabovsky may be closer versus Ryder is a bit younger and safer)

Foligno and Syvret don\'t seem like good options in this format.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Grabovsky and Ryder are the best bets. Both are close to being sure fire NHLers and will likely play in an offensive role for their respective teams in the future. Foligno is a pretty safe pick, but his upside is of a 3rd liners imo. I think Syvret will eventually stick in the NHL as a 4th/5th dman who will be used on the PP sometimes, but don\'t count on alot of goals. If you want to take the \"phenom\" that has proved absolutely nothing and was passed 93 times in a rather weak draft then Mayorov is your man.

Dobber Sports Novice

all these guys suck, i would never draft any of them mr broadway

Dobber Sports Sophomore

uh, oh gig is up

Dobber Sports Novice

heh gig was up a while back, just noticed you posting here. i wont say anything if you dont lol.

funny that i like your farm the most aside from mine, i wonder why! :P

I...am your father.

blindside wrote:
    heh gig was up a while back, just noticed you posting here. i wont say anything if you dont lol.

funny that i like your farm the most aside from mine, i wonder why! :P
    Looks like the DobberHockey word is spreading! B)

No sense keeping secrets guys - I will reach all poolies! Not only do I have an article in the Hockey News Ultimate Pool Guide, but I also have an ad - half a page - for this site. EVERYONE will know! :evil:
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

It\'s a good thing I got your prospect and season guides before(some of) my fellow poolies then, assuming they\'ll find their way here.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

lockedge wrote:
    It\'s a good thing I got your prospect and season guides before(some of) my fellow poolies then, assuming they\'ll find their way here.
    That\'s what I\'m thinking! I feel that even if/when everyone else from my league gets here that I\'ve already scooped up anyone still available who has any real worth!! Now next year may be a different story?? :dry:
    14 TM H2H dynasty; 30man active roster - 4x C, LW, RW; 6 D, 2 G, 10 BN
    Unlim prospect roster, only filled through draft/trade
    G, A, P, +/-, PM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, Hits, BkS, W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, M. Richards, B. Boyle, Sobotka
    LW: Hall, Lucic, Hagelin, Stalberg, R. Smyth, Carcillo, Beleskey, T. Glass
    RW: Eberle, Wheeler, Radulov, Eriksson, Voracek, N. Johnson, Burish
    D: Boyle, Yandle, Whitney, Carle, Vlasic, Stuart, Gilbert, M. Stone, Barberio
    G: Price, Backstrom, Harding, Montoya
    P: Elliot, McKegg, Bouchard, Hackett