Thread: Ghost + Helly for Kucherov + 3rd

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ghost + Helly for Kucherov + 3rd

Trade for second league in sig (dynasty CAP league, points only with D goal = 2 pts). PLEASE NOTE : There is no waiver wire... You only acquire players by trading or drafting!

I am pretty happy with my team following an active offseason period. I finished last in 2015-2016 and I'll be in the top 5 this year (barring any major setbacks).

A guy in my league has made Kucherov available. When I said I was interested, he made the offer to me quickly. It is obvious that he needs D and G (he even kicked the tires on Hellebuyck before the season began).

I feel I'll be losing points by doing this trade as I'll be down a productive (and cheap) D and will replace my 12th best F... Am I giving up too much? Should I counter? Here are some of his notable players and prospects:

F : Stamkos, Steen, MacKinnon, Marchand, Killorn, Kucherov, Johnson, Palat, Drouin, Shinkaruk, Petan, Vesey, Connor Brown
    D : OEL, Stralman, Hedman, Garrison, Nesterov
    G : Bishop, M. Subban

Thanks in advance guys!
    16 team, dynasty cap league (real salary), Points ONLY (W=2+SO=3)
    Count best 12 F, 6 D, 2 G || 19-20 Cap = 94M

F: Point, Matthews, DeBrincat, Kessel, Malkin, Meier, Gourde, Hinostroza, Toffoli, Batherson, Jankowski, Prokhorkin, Nick Ritchie, Maroon, Thompson, Kravtsov, Sikura, Lunderstrom
    D: Letang, Krug, Gostisbehere, DeAngelo, Manson, Persson, Djoos
    G: Bobrovsky, Fleury, Merzlikins, Subban, Gustavsson, Sandstrom, Gillies, Husso

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Ghost + Helly for Kucherov + 3rd

I think you need a defenceman coming back if you don't have a FA pool to fill from. DeAngelo should not be the fourth defenceman on any contending team in a 9 GM league. Maybe you could get someone like Stralman thrown on, but it's not ideal, and you would have to downgrade or remove the pick. You would also be down to one goalie. How would you be planning on filling that? Bishop doesn't make sense to add to the deal, and M. Subban isn't enough. Your two teams both seem to have the same needs, and it doesn't look like a good fit.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think you need a defenceman coming back if you don't have a FA pool to fill from. DeAngelo should not be the fourth defenceman on any contending team in a 9 GM league. Maybe you could get someone like Stralman thrown on, but it's not ideal, and you would have to downgrade or remove the pick. You would also be down to one goalie. How would you be planning on filling that? Bishop doesn't make sense to add to the deal, and M. Subban isn't enough. Your two teams both seem to have the same needs, and it doesn't look like a good fit.
    I think you misread either my team or my post... it is for the 2nd league in my sig (15 teamer). I've got Allen and Fleury as my 2 goalies and do have Zadorov, Nurse and Lindell in front of Deangelo...

Does that change your analysis at all?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Titan

My fault. I missed the bit saying it was your second league in sig, and then saw Helle/Ghost on the first team and went from there.
    It definitely does change the analysis. This is why it can be so important having league information, it makes a huge difference on how to proceed with certain situations.
    I have no problem giving up Helle on this situation, but the loss of Ghost really stings. You defence looks solid, but everyone there either falls under the category of "injury prone", or "unproven". Kuch would be a huge upgrade over your 12th forward, but there is a big loss elsewhere. Since he made the offer so quickly, I would think you could add someone else on his side and still make it happen. I'm still looking at Stralman as making the most sense here.

Also is he a massive Tbay fan? He must be based on the look of his roster...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)