Thread: My team since Yahoo has gone up..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default My team since Yahoo has gone up..

My team is in my signature. Since Yahoo went up I\'ve made a couple deals.

C: Turris, Marleau, Carter, Horcoff, Cogliano
    LW: Vanek, Kulemin, Brunette, Raymond
    RW: Perry, Brown, Kessel, Stafford, Boll
    D: Weber, Seabrook, Bieksa, Girardi, Murphy, Stralman, Picard
    G: Huet, Harding, Auld
    Prospects: Schneider, Varlamov, Neuvirth, Bourret, Franson, C. Stewart

C: Turris, Marleau, Carter, Steen
    LW: Vanek, O\'Sullivan, Kulemin, Brunette
    RW: Perry, Brown, Kessel, Hudler, Stafford, Boll
    D: Weber, Seabrook, Girardi, Murphy, Stralman, Picard
    G: Huet, Harding, Auld
    Prospects: Howard, Schneider, Varlamov, Neuvirth, Bourret, Franson, C. Stewart

Outgoing
    Incoming

So my first move was trading Cogliano (depth C on my team) for Hudler and a 1st overall selection (10-14 in a 16 team league).

Then I moved Bieksa and Horcoff and that pick (10-14) for O\'Sullivan. Bieksa was a stinger but I do okay in PIMS and like Dobber said he had a huge splurge to get to where he did. But the rest of my D is real young.

Then I moved Raymond and my 2nd for Howard to solidify a weakness using a strength that I wouldn\'t even use.

Team is young but for the most part there is a lot of quality I feel. I am pretty strong going forward on the wings. I\'ve been looking to just basically get stronger in positions of weakness but also to be strong as desirable positions like on the wings.

Were the moves I made overall good ones to strengthen my team. I guess keep in mind Brown, O\'Sulli, Steen, and maybe even Hudler and Kulemin will get dual positions.

Thanks!
    16 team H2H Dynasty G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIMS, SV%, GAA, W, Saves

C: Tavares, Krejci, Brassard, Turris, Grabovski, O'Reilly
    LW: Nash, Mueller, Kulemin, Pacioretty, Caputi, Gerbe
    RW: Perry, Hudler, Skinner, Brouwer, Ryder, Simmonds, Boll
    D: Weber, Kaberle, Stralman, Del Zotto, Schenn, Meszaros

G: Price, Bryzgalov, Schneider, Allen, Holtby, Harding

Russia: Grebeshkov

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

I think overall you did a good job addressing your needs, but I believe you may have overpaid for o\'sully in my opinion. But that\'s because I like Horcoff playing with Hemsky and I like Bieksa\'s status over at VAN.

When all is said and done, you\'re main focus should be goalies. You need some big G help as Huet is will be fighting for #1 spot (probably get it) and Harding/Auld are considered backups. You either need to get a one tier 1 goalie to compete or atleast a top tier 2 goalie.

Hope that helps.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Apprentice

gatticus wrote:
    I think overall you did a good job addressing your needs, but I believe you may have overpaid for o\'sully in my opinion. But that\'s because I like Horcoff playing with Hemsky and I like Bieksa\'s status over at VAN.

When all is said and done, you\'re main focus should be goalies. You need some big G help as Huet is will be fighting for #1 spot (probably get it) and Harding/Auld are considered backups. You either need to get a one tier 1 goalie to compete or atleast a top tier 2 goalie.

Hope that helps.
    No you\'re right, I just know that if I make a case for a top tier 2 or a tier 1 there goes all my clout on the wing, probably. I am in the unfortunate situation where goalies are way over-valued otherwise I would have my hands on a real good one. I figured Huet would take the #1 position and Harding is max a year away from #1 himself. Howard I thought was worth a shot and a cheap buy for a potential great roll of the dice. Auld is more like a waste to drop, some games always seem to fall in his lap.

I was also a little fearful of Horcoff\'s injury and I regret trading him a bit because he\'s better to have than the trade value he brings.
    16 team H2H Dynasty G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIMS, SV%, GAA, W, Saves

C: Tavares, Krejci, Brassard, Turris, Grabovski, O'Reilly
    LW: Nash, Mueller, Kulemin, Pacioretty, Caputi, Gerbe
    RW: Perry, Hudler, Skinner, Brouwer, Ryder, Simmonds, Boll
    D: Weber, Kaberle, Stralman, Del Zotto, Schenn, Meszaros

G: Price, Bryzgalov, Schneider, Allen, Holtby, Harding

Russia: Grebeshkov

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

I personally would risk losing a bit of Wing power for a shot at a good tender, because you\'ll get smoked in those categories as they hold about 40% of stats.

Huet will get top spot, unless Bulin outperforms.

Harding 30-35 starts, more if he out performs backtrom, but you can\'t rely on that.

Auld is another who could perhaps steal some games, but again a big IF.

Howard is going to be Detroits man soon enough but that\'s not for a little while. Great prospect with good future, but its still a couple years away.

So, consider giving up some Forward power to get a tender who you can rely on getting some of those stats cats for you. If not, you may see yourself at the bottom of the list.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Administrator

you got a lot of depth on the wings in those trades but i think you gave up a lot at the center position... you used to have some strength there, especially going forward. this season you have maybe one 60 point center. i just feel its kind of reckless to deplete yourself up the middle to strengthen positions you were already fairly well set at. to not get an established nhl goaltender seems less than acceptable considering the players you moved, but maybe one just wasnt available... the howard trade was good but i feel you should have done what i expect the red wings will do and that is bring in a keeper from another team to be their future starter
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg