Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 least impressive players this year

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Top 10 least impressive players this year

Top 10 lease impressive players this season

Agree? I like Gabby for this year. Streaky though.
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Boyes sticks out for me also. 40 Goals ain\'t happening next season.

Dobber Sports Star

I agree with some of his assessments:

Huselius, Streit, Demitra, and Malone I definitely see as having down years.

However, I\'m not so sure about some of the others. I think Gaborik has figured out a way to deal with his groin through better preparation and conditioning, so I think it\'s as possible he\'ll play the full season as not. Watch for 90+ points from Gabby this year, as it is a contract year. It\'s also quite possible he\'ll get traded if he doesn\'t sign by October, so his production could end up increasing even more if he finds himself on a team like the Penguins or Senators. Long shot, I know, but one can hope.

I think he\'s a little harsh on the Sedin twins as well. They are durable and consistant and will once again hit the 80+ point mark IMO.

Giggy may have trouble when guys like Selanne and Niedermayer retire, but the last I heard these guys are still breathing. And more importantly, playing for the Ducks. Look for a bit of an adjustment if they\'re gone NEXT year.

I also think Boyes is the real deal. This is his fourth NHL season, so watch for 35+ goals and 70+ points from Boyes this year.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Guru

I agree with Demitra, Malone, Streit, and a little bit with Gabby.

Boyes, however, is the real deal. Bank that. He does nothing but work hard and snipe.

There are two things that I cannot figure out in that article:

1. How does Todd White even make this list? Did he have an impressive season last year and I totally missed it?

2. Huselius had a breakout year? Take your eyes off the statlines and watch some freaking games.

Dobber Sports Guru

natgeo wrote:
    I agree with some of his assessments:

Huselius, Streit, Demitra, and Malone I definitely see as having down years.

However, I\'m not so sure about some of the others. I think Gaborik has figured out a way to deal with his groin through better preparation and conditioning, so I think it\'s as possible he\'ll play the full season as not. Watch for 90+ points from Gabby this year, as it is a contract year. It\'s also quite possible he\'ll get traded if he doesn\'t sign by October, so his production could end up increasing even more if he finds himself on a team like the Penguins or Senators. Long shot, I know, but one can hope.

I think he\'s a little harsh on the Sedin twins as well. They are durable and consistant and will once again hit the 80+ point mark IMO.

Giggy may have trouble when guys like Selanne and Niedermayer retire, but the last I heard these guys are still breathing. And more importantly, playing for the Ducks. Look for a bit of an adjustment if they\'re gone NEXT year.

I also think Boyes is the real deal. This is his fourth NHL season, so watch for 35+ goals and 70+ points from Boyes this year.
    preach it, brother!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

To me, most of the stuff in that article was just stupid or plain false.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

con-tract year.

Say it again.

Gaborik is getting 50 goals.

As a Vancouver native, he is way off base with his analysis of the Canucks. The Sedins were awful last year down the stretch and still had solid seasons. Don\'t expect it to happen again (con-tract year - say it again!)

Pretty lame article.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Expert

What a poorly written article. Aside from the unsubstantiated claims about the Ducks and the Canucks, check out garbage like this:

\"He seems to get injured every season, and with the grueling season that he played last year along with the six playoff games, he is most likely going to be injured for the majority of the 2008-2009 season. He may still average a point per game, but look for him to play less than three-quarters of the season.\"

So, he will be injured for the majority of the year, but he will play less than 3 quarters of the season. This guy needs an editor.

And LAST year was Husey\'s breakout? wtf.

Also - he claims that Boyes can\'t even come close to 30 goals this year because the Blues are an incredibly weak team this season. I guess last season they were amazing?

thumbs down.

Dobber Sports Expert

oh yeah, forgot to add this gem, lifted directly from the article:

\"However, he will struggle this year because of the fact that the team altogether because of a lack of talent.\"

uhhh, what?

Dobber Sports Initiate

how come no Flyers on there?
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Pro

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    Boyes, however, is the real deal. Bank that. He does nothing but work hard and snipe.

There are two things that I cannot figure out in that article:

1. How does Todd White even make this list? Did he have an impressive season last year and I totally missed it?

2. Huselius had a breakout year? Take your eyes off the statlines and watch some freaking games.
    -I agree with you on Boyes. I was very saddened when San Jose traded him away.
    -Todd White is baffling as well. He hasn\'t been fantasy relevant since 2002-2003 when he had 60 points. Well, at least not inless you\'re in a deep league.
    -Yeah, the dude obviously wasn\'t watching Juice play last year.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Gabby I somewhat agree with. I was surprised at how many games he played last year, and I suspect that he will play less this year. However, it is also a contract year for him, and he may end up on a great team by the trade deadline, so who knows.

Streit, Malone and Huselius I agree with.

The Sedins definitely should not be on that list. See Angus\'s assessment and copy that here. Also, I think Bernier will really click with their style of play, and if that is so then they could both put up 85+.

Giggy should not be on that list. He\'s still the number one goalie, and the team is too good not to get him 30+ wins. With Pronger and Niedermayer there, you could probably put a drunk monkey back there and he\'d get 30 wins.

Boyes also should not be there. Legit goal-scorer. Might not hit 40 this year, but 35+ is a good bet.
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction

Dobber Sports Rookie

wow that was quite the article, i personally think gabby is gonna have another good year, he has alot of talent, i traded him last year for patty kane, but if the price was right id welcome him back to the squad for sure!

as for the rest of the article, he just dont know
    10 man keeper 12 forward 4 defence 2 goalies, 17 reserve of whatever pos.

F,Heatley,Kane,St.louis,Taungay,Dumont,Ribero,Stam kos, Dubinski,Gagner,Mueller,Stafford, J.Stall

D,Phaneuf,Mcabe,bouwmeester,Ohlund

G,Bryzgalov,M.Smith,(b-Garon,B.Johnson)
    -15 other bench players-
    (+/-,DA,DG,G,A,GWG,PPG,SHG,SHOG,PTS,GAA,SO,SPct,W,
    PIMS)

Dobber Sports Ninja

The error on Huselius is pretty big. His breakout year was the season before the last one, where he scored 77 points after seasons of 45, 43, 31 and 47. Last year\'s 66 was decent considering his relationship with Iron Mike.

On Streit:

\"He is also 30-years old, and you cannot expect him to stay talented too much longer.\"

That\'s an odd statement. So at 30, players can\'t be expected to stay talented? This guy should work for an NHL team negotiating salaries.:blink: I\'d say players start to slow down, but they are supposed to be more experienced or smarter players at that age.

With the superior training and conditioning today\'s professional players have access to, they can play into their mid-30\'s without any trouble at all.

Streit\'s only played 3 years in the NHL anyway, so there is minimal wear and tear on his body.

The Sedin\'s won\'t disappoint any more than they usually do. By that I mean they\'ll get their 75-80 points, but everyone seems to expect them to crack 90+. Nothing different from the last few years going on here.

Giguere will get 30 wins for sure and I would bet quite a bit that Boyes hits 30, maybe even 35 if you give me some odds. 40 might be a stretch, but it is very possible - who did the team lose?

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. It doesn\'t mean they are right. Who would have predicted what Montreal did last year? Or Leclaire\'s spectacular season? How about Jagr\'s quick fall from grace?

Just because you (or I) disagree with someone\'s opinion, doesn\'t make them wrong or you right.:kiss:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

it\'s just irritating to see \'opinions\' presented as the word of law - like they were in that article.