Thread: My O. Jokinen for his M. St. Louis

Dobber Sports Expert

Default My O. Jokinen for his M. St. Louis

Keeper league, points only for F.

St. Louis has higher upside, but has shown more inconsistency. Jokinen is also 2-3 years younger on a team continuing to get better.

Both players rarely miss time to injuries.

Do I keep the consistent, younger Jokinen or go with St. Louis who could get me anywhere between 75-95 points on a team coached by Melrose [how much of a question mark is this]?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Ninja

I really love Jokinen\'s situation this year and I think you\'re going to see a monster year from him. St Louis should have a decent year as well, but I\'d give the edge to Olli.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree, Olli as well. St Louis has the potential to put up solid numbers but not so much that he is way ahead of Olli. I also like the potential of what Olli may be able to do with the Yotes much more than what St Louis will do with the Bolts.

It wasn\'t to long ago that Olli was a serious threat for hitting close to a 100. He could be good for at least 90 for as long as he is with the Yotes. They are filling the lineup with great looking kids and seem to be on the path to having one of the best up and coming teams out there. Tampa on the other hand seems to be grasping at whatever straws they can.

The Yotes are poised to possibly make some noise, for that to happen Olli is going to need to have a solid year. Once you consider the age of both guys I think this is an even easier deal to make.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Expert

87Flyer, that is one disturbing pic...I\'m going to need counselling after seeing that.

Thanks for the input so far. I was leaning the same direction and wondered if I was losing my mind as St. Louis was a legitimate 2nd - 3rd round pick 2 years ago in our inaugural draft. O. Jokinen, under-rated as always, went much later.

Any other thoughts and opinions welcome.
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Tough to know on this one this one Andrew - I would want to know what he is offering in the way of extras to get this deal done.

Dobber Sports Genius

I\'d go Jokinen. Ollie also could bring you home low 90\'s. He did it just two seasons ago. Phoenix certainly looks more promising that Panther land.

St. Louis. I\'ve got a small lump in my throat where he\'s concerned these days. His 58 helpers is great. His 24 goals bothers me a little bit. He\'s 34. Tampa may not need to push the envelope to such crazy extremes with him and Vinny this coming year. On paper there appear to be many options to their offence. Only time tells if we\'re seeing St. Louis downsizing!

Dobber Sports Expert

Shoeless wrote:
    Tough to know on this one this one Andrew - I would want to know what he is offering in the way of extras to get this deal done.
    At this point, nothing. Everyone has their 10 keepers finalized and our draft isn\'t until the 28th of Sept. so there\'s not much \'extra\' to throw around right now.

I\'ll certainly be in contention this year as my core is far and away the best. I suggested we look at waiting until the season was underway and we all had 30-32 player rosters and the possibility of playoff value [as we run a playoff pool also with part of our rosters]. Simply put, there are a lot of ways to get a deal done during the season, but in Sept. there\'s almost nothing, but a straight swap unless draft picks are involved.

He is rebuilding and is thinking acquiring Jokinen would alter his draft strategy [making players like Turris, Doan, and Bryzgalov more enticing to pursue early on], so he want to get the deal done prior to the draft, but I\'m not convinced we\'re going to find enough common ground.

To give you some idea, he began by offering me Z. Parise for O. Jokinen. I love Parise, but I don\'t love NJ for fantasy scoring and I\'m trading the established player for one with future value [and I\'m going for the win right now]. I think he believes St. Louis is borderline too much for Jokinen so it\'s unlikely he\'ll offer more.

Thoughts!?

Forwards
    Defense
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It was a joke Andrew! It was my way of saying keep Jokinen, because he has more value.

Dobber Sports Expert

Shoeless wrote:
    It was a joke Andrew! It was my way of saying keep Jokinen, because he has more value.
    I\'ll just sit sheepishly and feel foolish for a while :blush: .

Seriously, we were talking extras...it didn\'t seem so \'far fetched\'.

Forwards
    Defense
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Banned

Since it doesn\'t look like positioning plays part in your pool, I would have to go with Jokinen. Phoenix is on the Rise, so Jokinen should be solid there. Louis, will be good, but I think he\'s had his best days. Stick with jokinen