Thread: Need to drop 3 players for IR+ returnees

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Need to drop 3 players for IR+ returnees

I have to bring back Gibson, Okposo, and Seguin from IR+ shortly. Which 3 players should I drop from the list below.
    M.Martin
    C.Coyle
    Gudas
    Bennett
    Plekanec
    Mason
    Talbot

Leaning towards dropping Plekanec, Bennett, Coyle (in that order). Best HITS/PIMS guy outside of Martin/Gudas are Kreider, Forsberg and Muzzin.. So I was leaning towards keeping those guys to secure those two categories.

G, A, P, PPG, PPP, GWG, SOG, PIMS, HITS, +/-, FW, BLK
    GS, W, L, GAA, SV%, SA, SO
    10 team, 24 man rosters, 10 player keeper league

TEAM:
    C: Tavares, Seguin, McDavid, RyJo, Matthews, Bennett, Kadri, Plekanec
    LW: Forsberg, Hall, Kreider, Duclair, Martin
    RW: Eberle, Okposo, Reinhart, Coyle
    D: Josi, Klingberg, Carlson, Muzzin, Ekholm, Gudas
    G: Price, Gibson, Talbot, Mason

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Need to drop 3 players for IR+ returnees

The three you listed were the three I was going to recommend even before I got to that part of your post. Nice
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

How many do you start at each spot?

Gudas is suspended for a while, so I'd make him one of the 3 I dropped.

Categories are 12 skater/7 goalie, so I think 3 goalies in a 10 team league are enough with Pirce as one of them. You could probably get an upgrade somewhere for Mason+Plekanec ( or similar), I would guess. SO I'd look into that as move #2. You may not want to drop Mason, but if you can consolidate, that would help.

Unsure exactly how I would deal with the 3rd spot, but would try and resolve Mason first.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    The three you listed were the three I was going to recommend even before I got to that part of your post. Nice
    Hahahaha. Perfect! Good to know that we're on the same page. Thanks for the comment. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    How many do you start at each spot?

Gudas is suspended for a while, so I'd make him one of the 3 I dropped.

Categories are 12 skater/7 goalie, so I think 3 goalies in a 10 team league are enough with Pirce as one of them. You could probably get an upgrade somewhere for Mason+Plekanec ( or similar), I would guess. SO I'd look into that as move #2. You may not want to drop Mason, but if you can consolidate, that would help.

Unsure exactly how I would deal with the 3rd spot, but would try and resolve Mason first.
    The league has 4xC, 3xLW, 3xRW, 4xD, 2xUtility, 2xG and then 6xBench.

I thought about dropping Gudas for his suspension, but he helps in EVERY weak category on my team. I am weakest in PIMS/HITS/BLK's.. hes top 5 in the league in PIMS and HITS and does really well for blocks while also contributing SOG. I think he might be a little too valuable to drop.. I like the idea of doing a two for one deal with Mason/Plekanec... I'll definitely look into it. At a quick glance at other GM's team, I unfortunately don't see anyone who would be looking to make that kinda deal. Anyone you would suggest to target in that deal? Thanks for the comments!