Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nichushkin to KHL

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Nichushkin to KHL

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Dallas is a good situation for offense. He's just a one trick pony at this point.
    Dallas was a good situation, just with injuries and line shuffling, he was never able to find a groove. I agree that it will be tough for him to find a better spot than he was in with Dallas.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I would be all-in if the Flyers could obtain him.

But I would say this news hurts his trade value... teams will not want to obtain him if there is a chance he leaves.
    If teams could talk to him and negotiate a contract before consummating the trade, it doesn't affect his value at all. If the Stars blocked that, they're dumb haha.

So I don't think this really affects his trade value.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well if he wants go pout in the corner because he doesn't like Lindy so be it. We all should have seen the writing on the wall when he made the comment around the draft that he wouldn't play in the AHL, NHL or KHL only. Bit of a red flag as far as entitlement attitude goes. But, Stars fans were starving for some positives amongst the dregs of another mediocre season, not good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to draft a blue-chip prospect. So we dranketh of the Kool-Aid, and he gaveth of the reason for hope early on.

Still have to wonder what might have been had he not suffered the hip injury, would he have continued to progress? We'll never know, but it definitely set this whole deal in motion.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    Picking nits here but shouldn't this still be headlined as a rumor until it actually happens. Don't care personally as i don't and have never owned him as i was always on the fence about his "supposed" talent level. He showed promise but then stopped to read his press clippings and got a swelled head and figured he didn't have to work for it anymore.
    Yeah sure, if a mod wants to change the title/move it to the rumour forum that's fine. Until we see him actually go over there it's still reasonable to think this is a tactic to force a trade.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...18225275195396

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1h1 hour ago

FWIW agent says "nothing is done and all options remain open"
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Genius

Nichushkin/Niemi (salary retained) for MAF

I have had this in the back of my mind for months. Seems even more plausible now.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Icon

In other news, water is wet.

In all seriousness, I'm not one to say "I told you so"... oh wait... I totally am...

Without me, it's only "aweso".

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

I have had this in the back of my mind for months. Seems even more plausible now.
    This or for Bishop has always made sense to me. It still hasn't happen, so I dunno.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This or for Bishop has always made sense to me. It still hasn't happen, so I dunno.
    Amazing that teams won't trade top-level goalies for a goalie who hasn't been very good for the last three years and has a cap hit of $4.5M for the next two packaged with a prospect who has scored 64 points in 166 NHL games who might go home to Russia.

Sorry for the sarcasm guys... I've just never understood why people think these trades would be logical.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Pro

Sounds more like a ploy to get increased ice time more than anything or a new situation where he could get said ice time. Plus which my quoted text from earlier, him "not liking Ruff" could be a lost in translation thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds more like a ploy to get increased ice time more than anything or a new situation where he could get said ice time. Plus which my quoted text from earlier, him "not liking Ruff" could be a lost in translation thing.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    TB is currently at 50 contracts (which is the most) and still have not signed Kucherov, Nesterov, and Wisniewski (I hope he gets signed). So they can't be taking on a two for one anytime soon.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Amazing that teams won't trade top-level goalies for a goalie who hasn't been very good for the last three years and has a cap hit of $4.5M for the next two packaged with a prospect who has scored 64 points in 166 NHL games who might go home to Russia.

Sorry for the sarcasm guys... I've just never understood why people think these trades would be logical.
    Most of the versions of that rumour I've heard have included Dallas' first rounder as well. THAT would make more sense to me. You hit the nail on the head though, just Nichu and Niemi isn't a deal I'd make for Fleury or Bishop in fantasy or real life.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Stud

Man there have been a lot of amazing Nichushkin threads over the years. One of the old threads stuck in my memory and I found it:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...for-Nichushkin

I hope the OP in that one listened to me and didn't trade those guys for Nuke!

Anyways, he still has some really solid potential but my concern that he was being rushed appears to have been well founded. But if he doesn't this is just another lesson about how we shouldn't fall in love with prospects.

Dobber Sports Expert

Expansion draft.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Because he wouldn't be at 4.5, he's be at 2.25, and theoretically you have Malkin/Kucherov as a buddy in the room, and he's flashed quite a bit more talent than his point totals suggest. But hey, if that's how you want to evaluate a promising prospect, all the power to you.