Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Give me one good reason I should buy the Dobber Guide this season?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Give me one good reason I should buy the Dobber Guide this season?

Quote Originally Posted by changeling87 View Post
    So I'm asking the question now which no one seems willing to answer honestly, just a big circlejerk refusing to admit any fault at all, it's kind of pathetic when you can't admit when you made mistakes I think but it seems to make you guys happy putting your heads in the sand so whatever, go on spending your money I guess!
    What mistakes have WE made?
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Monster

Because I'd spent some time on these forums before I bought the guide, and got some decent advice on these forums so after reading all the glowing reviews of the guide I finally decided to try it last year and was disappointed by the results. So I'm asking the question now which no one seems willing to answer honestly, just a big circlejerk refusing to admit any fault at all, it's kind of pathetic when you can't admit when you made mistakes I think but it seems to make you guys happy putting your heads in the sand so whatever, go on spending your money I guess!
    Wait a minute, where does it say in Dobber's Guide that you are GUARANTEED to win your pool if you follow his guide? Someone can pick a great team on paper just to have it ruined by injuries. Like I said earlier things happen. You can show a little more respect here than hurling insults.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Wait a minute, where does it say in Dobber's Guide that you are GUARANTEED to win your pool if you follow his guide? Someone can pick a great team on paper just to have it ruined by injuries. Like I said earlier things happen. You can show a little more respect here than hurling insults.
    Isn't the motto he plasters all over everything "Rule Your Pool!" ?

The Great One

He seems to keep finding an excuse to use the word circlejerk......just sayin....
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ok Guys. Come on.

troll1.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

I think it's pretty clear that you aren't getting the answer you wanted here in this thread.

My suggestion is to contact Dobber yourself with your question. Email, twitter, he's not that hard to reach.

All the best in this years pools.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Did you join a points only pool and draft straight off of the Dobber guide predictions, in order?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    There were some player projections that were way off but come on man who predicted Kane to go on an unreal tear and score over 100 points? Show me one magazine that predicted Kane 106 pts~, Kuznetsov 77 pts~, Panarin 77 pts~

There are always those few players that break out big time. Things happen. You are getting way out of line here saying everyone is echoing each other and circle jerking. Uncalled for
    Listen I think the big question here is: "Is circle jerking really that bad?" ....wait... uhhh... nevermind...
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Listen I think the big question here is: "Is circle jerking really that bad?" ....wait... uhhh... nevermind...
    That's kind of a loaded question cause the answer could depend on: who else is there in the circle and if anyone brought pizza and beer with them?
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that you aren't getting the answer you wanted here in this thread.

My suggestion is to contact Dobber yourself with your question. Email, twitter, he's not that hard to reach.

All the best in this years pools.
    It's not about the answer I want, I'm just asking for a little accountability and explanation for how the supposed "best guide in fantasy hockey" can be so wrong on so many key players? So far all I got was blind allegiance, personal attacks, about 20 people repeating the same "no one is 100% perfect" line (even though I started the thread off acknowledging that). Honestly the best answer I got to the question was from the guy who recommended it as "something to read on the shitter". No doubt it is that, like I said I enjoyed reading it last season, it just didn't deliver on it's promises and that's the core of my question.

Carry on gentleman, assume your positions and get back to your "business"

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
    Yeah it really sounds like you aren't interested in an answer to your original question.

I buy Dobber's guide for players outside the predicted general top 20....Kessel is a 30-40 goal scorer along with Pavelski, Tarasenko, etc...that is the easy part. The hard part is predicting the 2nd liners and the difference between a 15 goal guy and a 20 or 25 goal guy. This is fantasy hockey it is meant to try and give you an advantage over your other poolies. For the most part that works. But if you need anyone on this site to convince you why Dobber has to hit the nail on the head with Ovechkin scoring 50 goals or not than you need more than just this guide.

Dobber Sports Deity

It's not about the answer I want, I'm just asking for a little accountability and explanation for how the supposed "best guide in fantasy hockey" can be so wrong on so many key players? So far all I got was blind allegiance, personal attacks, about 20 people repeating the same "no one is 100% perfect" line (even though I started the thread off acknowledging that). Honestly the best answer I got to the question was from the guy who recommended it as "something to read on the shitter". No doubt it is that, like I said I enjoyed reading it last season, it just didn't deliver on it's promises and that's the core of my question.

Carry on gentleman, assume your positions and get back to your "business"
    I dont know how you can expect forum members to offer accountability or explanations when the majority of forum members (probably 99%, there's a lot of forum members) had nothing to do with the writing of the guide.

You don't go to the cashier, or even worse, the customers, at Sears and ask why your dishwasher broke after you bought it there; you go to the source. If you want the answers to your question, I've already recommended a few times here who you have to contact for accountability.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

So far all I got was blind allegiance
    How is it blind allegiance when those same people have tons of success stories with their leagues? Maybe that's how they actually feel? Just because they don't agree with you doesn't make it blind allegiance.

about 20 people repeating the same "no one is 100% perfect" line (even though I started the thread off acknowledging that).
    Yet your actions show that's exactly the answer you're looking for. You come across like someone that either didn't draft well or didn't manage well (or both) and you're trying to blame someone else. In your examples you're either pointing out cases that happened out of nowhere (this happens every year) or cases where the difference is close enough that complaining about it is just reaching for sympathy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"

Fear = Picking bad team
    Anger = Picked a bad team going off guide for all picks
    Hate = Blaming guide for bad picks
    Suffering = Keeps making bad pick throughout the year and finishes next to last

A fantasy hockey manager craves not these things.
    Ghost Busted
    1O team/4 Keepers/H2H/Yahoo
    G/A/FOW/+-/PPP/SHP/HITS/W/GAA/SV%/SO/IR+
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Stamkos
    RW: Voracek, Eberle, Zibanejad
    LW: Benn, Schenn, E. Kane, Hoffman
    Defence: Klingberg, Ghost, Muzzin, Werenski
    Goalies: Jones, Bishop

Dobber Sports Master

This thread reminds me of highschool book reports in that I've read the first page and the last page and am pretty sure I don't want to read anything in between.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril