Thread: M Nilsson and Radulov

Dobber Sports Pro

Default M Nilsson and Radulov

I don\'t see why a Nilsson loan to the KHL would have any bearing on the Radulov situation or the other way around.

The loan of players to teams in other leagues is a practice that is explicitly allowed and regulated in the CBA, and has been done by teams every year since the CBA was struck (Kasparaitis last year for example), most recently with Vitaly Vishnevski by the Devils. If the NHL didn\'t intervene in the Vishnevski situation, why should they intervene in the Nilsson situation?

The crucial difference here is that the loan of a player is done with the consent of the owning team. Radulov\'s move was done without Nashville\'s consent and that\'s why it constituted breach of contract.
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

So there is this guy who is screwing my wife, who comes over to borrow my lawnmower. Trust me it has a bearing.

Dobber Sports Icon

I don\'t really understand the quote in the Sept. 14th ramblings:

\"Edmonton Journal note that says a Russian source claims that Radulov will play in the KHL this season, then return to the NHL next season and earn a big extension. The source says it\'s \"all about the money\" with Rads.\"

If it was \"all about the money,\" why would radulov wait another year for a big payday? Regardless of when he decides to return, he\'ll still have 1 year remaining on his rookie contract... So if he comes back now, he\'ll get a nice juicy payday at the end of this year... if he waits a year, the payday waits a year.

His KHL contract isn\'t even that big... he would undoubtedly make more via RFA here. So why does anyone think that this was about the money? Am i missing something?

This is my speculation... I\'m thinking that there is a REASON that radulov needs the cash now (and couldn\'t wait for an extension at the end of this season). This thought added to the fact that his return home included \"personal reasons.\" Leads me to believe that SOMETHING is going on...

I can only imagine what, but perhaps there is someone close to him who is ill, in some sort of debt trouble, or worse... kidnapped for ransom or something else shady...

Thoughts?
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Expert

I disagree that \'something is going on\' but I agree with you that it is totally non-logical for him to skip out and come back \'for a big payday\'.

Dobber Sports Star

I\'m a moron and misread things. Yeah, it doesn\'t make sense.

But if he needed some money, and quick, this KHL thing does solve his problem.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Shoeless wrote:
    So there is this guy who is screwing my wife, who comes over to borrow my lawnmower. Trust me it has a bearing.
    Sure it has bearing in the situation you are talking about because it\'s the same guy. But Nilson and Radulov aren\'t the same player, and aren\'t in the same situation.

If Lamoriello can sneak a guy off his cap number, Sutter should be allowed to as well. Why the double-standard? Why point the finger at the Flames and not the Devils as well?

Dobber Sports Guru

lanky... perhaps he is just impressionable, and his agent was very persuasive in whatever story he was giving him.

\"why make 1 mill when you could make 4?\"
    \"why wait a year for 5 and risk losing it all due to injury when you can take 4 now?\"
    \"really, no one will think you\'re an immature, greedy ass\"

Dobber Sports Expert

lamoriello is an amazing pro at pulling this kind of stuff.