Thread: Who to keep?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Who to keep?

In my league, we can keep up to 4 players. For each player kept, you use a draft pick that is lower than the round in which that player was drafted or kept last year. So it's nota matter of keeping the 4 best players, but the players who are the best bargain relative to the draft pick you have to spend to keep them.

My sig shows players on my team who might be keepers, followed by the round of draft pick needed to keep each. Who are the best keepers? I'm thinking:

Mrazek in the 15th round
    Gaudreau in the 7th
    Bishop in the 6th
    Maybe no 4th player

Maybe Ristolainen in the 10th? Or Carlson in the 5th? Hamilton in the 12th? But defencemen usually get drafted late in my league.
    Isn't the 3rd too early to draft Voracek?
    I could keep Anderson as my 3rd (or 4th if a bargain is available early) goalie in the 14th, but I bet I can draft him later than that.

Any thoughts? If it makes a difference, I have the 2nd, 12th, 13th, 19th, 22nd, 32nd, and 39th picks overall, so I should have the flexibility to draft the positions I need.

Thanks in advance, Dobberites!
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Who to keep?

I'd definitely keep Bishop and Gaudreau as a sixth and seventh round pick for them sounds like a great deal. But then after that, I'd probably keep Carlson and Voracek

Dobber Sports Titan

Mrazek, Bishop, Gaudreau, and then just keep your draft picks after that I think.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Does adding Dougie Hamilton in the 8th as a possibility change anything?
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

I like Risto in the 10th better than Hamilton in the 8th anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)