Thread: Florida?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Florida?

Is it just me or does a.. Ballard, Boynton, Allen, Murphy, Boumeester and McCabe top 6 D-men make Vokoun look a little better this year? I know the offence is a little suspect in Florida, but if DeBoer puts a half decent game plan together Vokoun could have #1 goalie numbers this year. Agree? Disagree?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Florida?

Do I know you VicGeneral? You must have been reading my notes for my next article. Seriously.

Florida gave up the second most SOG in the league last year and Vokoun STILL had a 0.919 save percentage.

Completely agree with your thinking that Vokoun will have #1 numbers. I took Vokoun in the Dobber Hockey Experts draft (5th round) for that very reason.

As long as they protect McCabe and Murphy by pairing them with defensively conscious partners, they will shine.

I think Florida is going to fly under the radar this season and could easily surprise.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Florida?

The Comish wrote:
    Do I know you VicGeneral? You must have been reading my notes for my next article. Seriously.

Florida gave up the second most SOG in the league last year and Vokoun STILL had a 0.919 save percentage.

Completely agree with your thinking that Vokoun will have #1 numbers. I took Vokoun in the Dobber Hockey Experts draft (5th round) for that very reason.

As long as they protect McCabe and Murphy by pairing them with defensively conscious partners, they will shine.

I think Florida is going to fly under the radar this season and could easily surprise.
    I couldn\'t agree more...funny guys ranked my tending average in my other league and I\'m sitting with Vokoun/Miller/Leclaire.

The only lousy thing is my shot count will go down in FLA. It\'s amazing how quickly people forgot how good Vokoun was in NAS.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta