Thread: If you had to drop 1

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default If you had to drop 1

0.50 PPR league. Id like to pick up James White.

QB - Big Ben
    WR - Allen
    WR - Baldwin
    WR - Landry
    RB - D. Johnson
    RB - Ingram
    TE - Gates
    Flex - Hill
    Flex - D. Williams

BN - Brady
    BN - Powell
    BN - Aiken
    BN - West
    BN - Mckinnon
    BN - C. Johnson

Leaning towards dropping Chris Johnson or West. I'm hesitant to drop my #1 pick handcuff though. What are your thoughts?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: If you had to drop 1

McKinnon...without AP, he holds zero value to your team. You're hoping for an injury and you might as well roster players that are going to play meaningful snaps when they aren't a handcuff for you.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Tough one but I lean towards dropping Jerick or West. Basically you are waiting for an injury no matter who you hold onto. Holding Johnson as a handcuff takes him out if the discussion.

Depends on what you are more comfortable with. Waiting on an AP injury or waiting / hoping for the Raven backfield to sort itself out

Dobber Sports Expert

McKinnon also likely to miss week 1.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks for the input guys.

A little background on the league. Guys tend to protect their RB assets with handcuffs, especially the good ones. The guy with AP is a good friend of mine, and he was absolutely pissed when I snatched up Mckinnon a pick before him. Generally in this league, if you lose a good RB and you don't have the handcuff, your season is done. There's usually not much on waivers.

I'm leaning towards West. That backfield is a mess and I just don't expect the team to be all that good. Do you think I will miss West (Terrance)?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would drop Chris Johnson.. If David Johnson gets hurt, Chris Johnson will not be a adequate replacement anyway..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I would drop Chris Johnson.. If David Johnson gets hurt, Chris Johnson will not be a adequate replacement anyway..
    That's a very fair point, and I was thinking that as well. If DJ goes down, it wouldn't even surprise me to see Ellington take the reigns.

Is between CJ2k (wow doesn't that seem like a long time ago) or West for White.

I'd keep McKinnon. I think his role expands some this year and he can hold value in ppr leagues as reliable depth/bye role. He's too talented for the Ravens to not get him involved more and AP is a two down back only. West's upside is early down and red zone role. So yeah....dump CJ
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In a .5 ppr I agree that West is the drop. The BAL backfield is a mess and Allen, Forsett, and Dixon all offer more in the passing game. As for White, he'll be valuable as long as Lewis is out unless Foster takes his job from him. But overall your RB depth is great and your WR are really thin for .5, so I'd be focusing any drops on improving WR.