Thread: My Crappy Draft

Dobber Sports Titan

Default My Crappy Draft

So I was an expansion team in this one league that went from 12 to 18 teams. I was originally told it was 12 going to 14 when I agreed to join, then I saw when I logged in again a week later and there’s 18. It’s a money keeper league, and I basically lost already. So keep 0-4 players. If you keep 3, your first pick is in the 4th round, you keep 1 your first pick is in the 2nd round. I was pick 5/6 for new teams, and pick 12/18 when it got to the rounds where everyone drafts because the commish set the draft order as random….and it was a snake draft…..everything here was wrong. Also it glitched out in the 10th round and kicked me out so it auto drafted the final 5 players. Here’s my draft.
    Standard scoring, QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, Flex, Kicker, Def.

1. Amari Cooper – WR
    2. Jordan Reed – TE
    3. Kelvin Benjamin – WR
    4. Josh Gordon – WR
    5. Melvin Gordon – RB
    6. DeVante Parker – WR
    7. Denver Defense – DEF
    8. Spencer Ware – RB
    9. Brock Osweiler – QB
    10. Michael Thomas – WR
    11. Charcandrick West – RB
    12. RG3 – QB
    13. Dustin Hopkins – K (Dropped for TBB Kicker)
    14. Martavis Bryant – WR (suspended the whole season)
    15. Maxx Williams –TE

So I’m hoping to trade off the Broncos D after maybe a couple of weeks. I don’t think they’ll be great, but still very good. Hate to hope for an injury but I’m well set if Charles goes down. There’s no Waivers in this league so if I’m quick on an injury I could snag up a solid backup RB that gets pushed into starters role. Picks 11 and 12 were just guys in my queue hoping to draft them later, but meh, I’ll likely dropped them at some point (prolly not West unless it’s later in the yr).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: My Crappy Draft

That's a poorly run league imo, especially with a random draft order when bringing in expansion teams. Also a bit big of an expansion for a league to jump from 12 to 18 teams. That being said you did get some good pieces with Cooper, Reed & the Gordons. It is nice that you have 2 starters in an 19-teamer, even if it is RG3 and Os. But looks like it'll be a long year this year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    That's a poorly run league imo, especially with a random draft order when bringing in expansion teams. Also a bit big of an expansion for a league to jump from 12 to 18 teams. That being said you did get some good pieces with Cooper, Reed & the Gordons. It is nice that you have 2 starters in an 19-teamer, even if it is RG3 and Os. But looks like it'll be a long year this year.
    Oh ya, I didn’t want to step on toes when it was 2 team expansion when I joined the league so I just left it alone the draft order, and a few other things (kick return yards is involved in this league :-S) mostly because I thought I could outsmart some of these GMs (One guy threw David Johnson back into the draft). But the 6 team expansion was tough. I just went WR heavy then pretty much went EFF it after round 6. Then I think this is a mail in league especially when all my late round fliers were taken in the final round by autodraft (eventually everyone got kicked out of the draft). So can’t say I’m too happy about this league.

Oh well, I think I’ll be able to do something next yr :-(. But I at least have some interesting players lol. I was hoping to draft Carr so I could do Josh Gordon’s Used Carr Lot for a name.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Oh ya, I didn’t want to step on toes when it was 2 team expansion when I joined the league so I just left it alone the draft order, and a few other things (kick return yards is involved in this league :-S) mostly because I thought I could outsmart some of these GMs (One guy threw David Johnson back into the draft). But the 6 team expansion was tough. I just went WR heavy then pretty much went EFF it after round 6. Then I think this is a mail in league especially when all my late round fliers were taken in the final round by autodraft (eventually everyone got kicked out of the draft). So can’t say I’m too happy about this league.

Oh well, I think I’ll be able to do something next yr :-(. But I at least have some interesting players lol. I was hoping to draft Carr so I could do Josh Gordon’s Used Carr Lot for a name.
    Pure, genuine gold!