Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bishop almost a Flame

Banned

Default Re: Bishop almost a Flame

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Well I have them at $8 mil in cap space right now, so that's enough to resign Kucherov, if I'm just doing math.......

If Tampa resigns Kucherov, they're making the decision that they aren't keeping all of Palat, Johnson, and Drouin. That's just a reality of the cap world. Bringing in Nichuskin could replace one of those 3. $3 million of Niemi (assuming they eat salary) isn't going to be what kills them. What is killing them is 3 more years of Callahan at 5.8, one more year of Filppula at 5, one more year of Garrison at 4.6. What's Johnson? A 6 million dollar player? I'd say so? Palat? $5 million? Probably. Drouin? He'll get at least 3.5. That's $14.5 million. They already have $60 committed for 2017-2018, if you put Kucherov at 7. They aren't keeping everyone.
    Either Drouin or Palat will be gone but they should trade Johnson before he declines even more. I'd have no issue trading Palat or drouin though.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well I have them at $8 mil in cap space right now, so that's enough to resign Kucherov, if I'm just doing math.......

If Tampa resigns Kucherov, they're making the decision that they aren't keeping all of Palat, Johnson, and Drouin. That's just a reality of the cap world. Bringing in Nichuskin could replace one of those 3. $3 million of Niemi (assuming they eat salary) isn't going to be what kills them. What is killing them is 3 more years of Callahan at 5.8, one more year of Filppula at 5, one more year of Garrison at 4.6. What's Johnson? A 6 million dollar player? I'd say so? Palat? $5 million? Probably. Drouin? He'll get at least 3.5. That's $14.5 million. They already have $60 committed for 2017-2018, if you put Kucherov at 7. They aren't keeping everyone.
    Like I said, they barely have room this year. Try reading before replying. I especially mentioned the 2nd year being the killer. So why do you have to be a dick? Besides, every team wants to leave some breathing room below the cap for call-ups and mid-season deals.

So you think they'll rather have Niemi than Drouin or Palat? Having Niemi on their payroll would mean one additional player from their team would be gone next year. I'm pretty sure they'd rather keep Bishop this year and Palat next year, than Niemi and Nichushkin. Bishop and Palat are much better players than those two.

Sure, they have other bad contracts as well. So what? They should acquire more of those?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    So you're saying they wouldn't re-sign Kucherov at all, then? Kucherov takes about $7M of that cap space..
    Like I said, they barely have room this year. Try reading before replying. I especially mentioned the 2nd year being the killer. So why do you have to be a dick? Besides, every team wants to leave some breathing room below the cap for call-ups and mid-season deals.
    It actually seems like you should read your own responses before replying to me. I quoted what you said, just to make it easy on you. You didn't say they barely have room, you suggested swapping Bishop and Niemi would prevent them from signing Kucherov. Plus, trying to plan salary a year out is fools gold. Who knows what trades they find. Especially with expansion. A year ago they didn't have anything to worry about with Stamkos' contract because he was gone. So really. The second year doesn't matter right now, because it's over a year away.

So you think they'll rather have Niemi than Drouin or Palat? Having Niemi on their payroll would mean one additional player from their team would be gone next year. I'm pretty sure they'd rather keep Bishop this year and Palat next year, than Niemi and Nichushkin. Bishop and Palat are much better players than those two.
    I never anywhere said they'd rather have Niemi over Drouin or Palat, nor did I ever say they'd rather have Nichuskin over Drouin or Palat. I said one of those players is gone regardless of Niemi on their roster, because of the salary they have committed to their roster next season, and Nichuskin would help replace that loss. Weren't you just lecturing me about reading before I respond?

Dobber Sports Wizard

It actually seems like you should read your own responses before replying to me. I quoted what you said, just to make it easy on you. You didn't say they barely have room, you suggested swapping Bishop and Niemi would prevent them from signing Kucherov. Plus, trying to plan salary a year out is fools gold. Who knows what trades they find. Especially with expansion. A year ago they didn't have anything to worry about with Stamkos' contract because he was gone. So really. The second year doesn't matter right now, because it's over a year away.

I never anywhere said they'd rather have Niemi over Drouin or Palat, nor did I ever say they'd rather have Nichuskin over Drouin or Palat. I said one of those players is gone regardless of Niemi on their roster, because of the salary they have committed to their roster next season, and Nichuskin would help replace that loss. Weren't you just lecturing me about reading before I respond?
    You conveniently left out this part from my message:
    And next year, you have the Hedman raise kicking in and Johnson/Palat/Drouin needing new contracts, so they definitely cannot afford Niemi then. That 2nd year is the real killer for Tampa; they could probably do it if it was for just this year but they would be insane to take a player with term on his contract with those young players needing raises. Even if Dallas ate 50% of the salary, it would still be too much for them.
    I agree that they're likely losing one of their players next year regardless. What I said is that they'd lose another player if they added Niemi.

Having Niemi on their payroll would mean one additional player from their team would be gone next year.
    So yes, just read the posts before replying. That helps.

Niemi's salary means they wouldn't be able to resign Brian Boyle. That's the only additional player it would cost them. Not one of Drouin, Palat, or Johnson. So I ignored that part, because, well, you're wrong.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Niemi's salary means they wouldn't be able to resign Brian Boyle. That's the only additional player it would cost them. Not one of Drouin, Palat, or Johnson. So I ignored that part, because, well, you're wrong.
    I think Boyle is gone regardless. They just cannot afford him no matter what they do (unless someone magically takes Callahan away from them).

Dobber Sports Padawan

agree with yougo. If it gets you a Cup then it was not dumb. Especially in a non-traditional market.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Also I think TB has more wiggle room on resigning RFAs than we're giving them credit for, even if it is very likely they will lose someone. A few possibilities for buyouts (Filppula, Garrison), Bishop off the books, Boyle off the books, you could be looking at a good amount of space if needed. plus they are very likely going to lose someone to Vegas -- not saying Bishop or Vasilevsky, more just a comment on their depth -- I think they are going to have to leave someone pretty good exposed in any expansion draft scenario.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    agree with yougo. If it gets you a Cup then it was not dumb. Especially in a non-traditional market.
    Preach!
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Fun fact. Tampa has to dump BOTH of Callahan and Filppula or they will have expose 2 of Drouin, Namestnikov, Killorn, Palat, and Johnson. Whew.