Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Say hello to our new GM, Kofax!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Woot! Welcome aboard!

I'm no longer the low man in the totem pole
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Kofax... hmmm... thinking... I think I've done a league or three with that guy...
    Welcome aboard!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Say hello to our new GM, Kofax!
    Welcome aboard Kofax!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Cheers all, happy to be here, thanks for the invite! Looking forward to getting caught with the league and competing with this group!

Dobber Sports Icon

Welcome aboard Kofax. Damn this league just keeps getting more competitive every year

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Cheers all, happy to be here, thanks for the invite! Looking forward to getting caught with the league and competing with this group!
    Welcome Kofax and thanks for joining. Have a look at the first page of this thread for leagues rules and info and if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Big Daddy

Off-season trades have been entered into the Yahoo system. Feel free to have a look and confirm your team owns the proper selections.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Deity

Quick question about my NA slot, as I am working on setting my keepers this morning.

We name it prior to the draft even though who we draft might end up there instead of on the bench? I am trying to figure how guys already know who their NA guy will be.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Your NA guy was on your roster at the end of last season. I think your options are either Sandin or Kravstov.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, I know Kravtsov is currently my NA guy but I am more curious about how it works with this upcoming draft. I have to submit my keepers and right now, Kravtsov is still my option but what if I draft someone in a few weeks and choose to put him in that spot instead? Is that an option? I assume I would be forced to either roster Kravtsov at that point, or drop him, but just curious how this works when I name my keepers?

I have no idea how the draft is going to go at this point obviously but I just wasnt sure how that slot works post draft.

Dobber Sports Titan

Your NA keeper guy is kept with your last pick, and becomes part of your roster for next year. If you keep him and he plays in the NHL then great, he's already on your roster. If not, then you put him back in the a slot, and pick up someone else. If you have two NA guys like what Peng had last year with Seider and Byram, then one of them uses up a bench slot.

Dobber Sports Deity

So basically, Kravtsov was my NA guy from last season. If I choose to hold him as my NA guy again this year, he carries over. I get that.

My concern is with the players I draft this year that I may want to slot in there instead. Maybe I am just confused or not explaining it right.

I am drafting 2nd overall so good chance I am taking one of Lafreniere or Byfield, depending on how #1 goes. I've already got Kravtsov as my NA, because that was my choice when my keepers had to be set. I can roster one of them (Laf or Byfield) for the season or do I have the choice, after the draft, to put them in the NA slot instead of Kravtsov? Or if I choose to draft multiple kids from this years entry draft and want to move one of them in. Am I forced to keep Kravtsov in that slot because he was my keeper designation, or am I able, after the draft, to move someone else in that slot?

Dobber Sports Titan

You just keep him in that slot. After that there's no loyalty to him for anything. You can put Kravstov in at F, on the bench, or in the NA slot. You can draft Byfield and put him in your NA slot and then drop Kravstov from your bench (but then why keep him?).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    You just keep him in that slot. After that there's no loyalty to him for anything. You can put Kravstov in at F, on the bench, or in the NA slot. You can draft Byfield and put him in your NA slot and then drop Kravstov from your bench (but then why keep him?).
    Gotcha. So I can change my NA player after the draft. That is what I was trying to get around to say. I was probably taking the long way to get there LOL!

Thanks.