Thread: Filatov\'s grit factor?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Filatov\'s grit factor?

Does anyone know anything about Filatov\'s playing style, and whether we can count on him adding a healthy amount of PIM\'s to his scoring? I just read that he had 90 PIM in just 34 games in Russia last year, but I\'ve also found that often European PIM totals don\'t always carry over to the NHL. Maybe the reffing standards are just too different. Anyway, I\'m just wondering if he carries even more value in leagues where PIMs count. Anyone seen him play?

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Guru

i wouldn\'t count on a tonne of PIMs. he is feisty and can get chippy when games get out of hand (as seen at U18s), but he\'s mostly a speed-daemon with good hands. hitchcock won\'t like it if his skill players are going to the box for stupid things like hooking.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for the info. That\'s more the impression I had of him too.

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin